× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Issue reporting thread - POST NEW ISSUES HERE (V 2.63 running DumaOS 3.0.139)

iMoD1998
Star

Re: Issue reporting thread - POST NEW ISSUES HERE (V 2.63 running DumaOS 3.0.139)

amen @steviev1 

8 months down the line and still broken local dns with more bugs with IPv6 etc

It's getting really stupid at this point.

I'm having to implment my own features that you would expect on a £400 router

Half of the options that would be useful to change are missing amongst other things.

Quit sad really, these routers have so much potential and i do enjoy the features they made but just horrible execution.

Really tried to be patient but I'm really debating moving to ASUS or something at this point.

Message 601 of 635
Conanti
Guide

I know a lot of you are still experiencing drop outs etc. I'm not sure if this will help or make any difference but it might be worth trying.

When I upgraded from beta to beta the old bugs carried over like frequent drop outs.

So I flashed to factory then to latest stable then factory reset again then upgraded to beta and it solved all my issues. Running as stable as last stable build but with all beta quirks and additional fixes.

I know your all flashing to the beta but might be worth doing the double or triple I mentioned above.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 602 of 635
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm glad to hear that's working for you!

Message 603 of 635
Pixolator
Guide

Hi All,
I have the XR500 router with the latest beta firmware installed
In the Ping Heatmap when I select Cod : Cold War I got the below graph, I live around Seattle Area , although the ping heatmap showing somewhere on the border of Kansas and Oklahoma , which is giving me 8ms ping,  I found this weird, as the server next to where I live (Seatlle, WA) giving me 91ms So my question is how do I select those 2 servers on the top of the list to connect?
I used the polygon mode but mostly I'm getting into lobbies with 60-70ms or sometimes more, I rather get into games where I get 8 35ms
Is there a way to pick those servers only?

Capturepingheat.JPG

Lastly, when I click to fo ping heat map , that 8ms server is in a big diamond and when I click that diamond (one on the border of Oklahama and Kansas) it opens up and show 10 separate servers as you can see from the image aside from the 8ms and 35ms the rest is over 60ms and I don't prefer to connect those.
I look forward to reading your suggestions and thank you all in advance.

Message 604 of 635
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

That sounds like a mislocated server, I'll get the team to look into that!

If you draw polygons around the servers you want to force, you should be able to ensure you connect to them as long as they're not too busy. Just make sure you've got Ping assist set to 0 and bear in mind that anything you've maually allowed may also be connected to!

Message 605 of 635
Pixolator
Guide

Thank you so much for your prompt reply!

When I look up that 8ms ping server location it appears Seattle, WA please see the image below.

pingseattle.JPG

Message 606 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks we'll get it sorted. As they're all clustered in the same location unfortunately there is no way to single out that 8ms server so it's a bit of luck of the draw for that atm. We'll try and get a cloud out as soon as possible.
Message 607 of 635
Pixolator
Guide

That's amazing news, Another thing, if you refer to the screen shot I attached , the server showing above Seattle, WA - Vancouver, BC Canada server IP address is 172.83.41.225 and I tracked this server which appears to be i Miami Florida, no wonder why it shows 99ms ping. For now what I did is , I took the server IP number from the side list and track down the exact location of those servers and draw polygons squares to those areas, Hopefully this would get me into low ping servers.

Message 608 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you notice any more mislocated it would be really helpful if you could fill out this form to let us know: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/29742-found-mislocated-servers-let-us-know-here/
Message 609 of 635
Rwongega
Aspirant

Just installed the new firmware and OS. Having problems with the nighthawk app where device manager gives a "Sorry, the action was failed. Please try again". Everything else works
Message 610 of 635
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Did you perform a factory reset after installing the new firmware? This is often necessary to clear out and low-level code left over from the  previous firmware.

Message 611 of 635
Rwongega
Aspirant

Tried it. Worked briefly then back to the same status.
Message 612 of 635
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Do you have the DumaOS app installed? If not, could you please install it and see if you experience any errors with this? If you're using an Android you won't be able to download it currently but we're working on that.

Message 613 of 635
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Why can't we install duma os app it's not on play store
Message 614 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It was removed from the play store due to an error we made, we're working to get it back up.
Message 615 of 635
Retired_Member
Not applicable

What happened to the app to get an error
Message 616 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The issue was caused by a policy violation in a closed track release. We assumed it would only effect the closed track release, not the public release.
Message 617 of 635
Rwongega
Aspirant

I just installed it. It started to work on the Duma App but then once I put back my WiFi extender (EX3700 for the basement appliances), it went back to just like the Nighthawk App.

Message 618 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The DumaOS App throws an error when the extender is being used? What's the error on the DumaOS app?
Message 619 of 635
Rwongega
Aspirant

I guess it's not so much an error as much as just a problem. It'll either be blank or it'll crash the app.

Message 620 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Can you provide a screenshot of this happening if possible?
Message 621 of 635
Rwongega
Aspirant

IMG_3155.PNG

Tried it again, now it's just saying I'm not using Duma 3.0 when I currently am.

Message 622 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Select the router manually from the login screen, does it allow you in then?
Message 623 of 635
Rwongega
Aspirant

Nope.

Message 624 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What is the firmware version shown on the router top right of the interface and on the System Information page?
Message 625 of 635
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7