× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issue reporting thread - POST NEW ISSUES HERE (V 2.63 running DumaOS 3.0.139)

Nareshak
Star

Re: Issue reporting thread - POST NEW ISSUES HERE (V 2.63 running DumaOS 3.0.139)

All of the sudden my router doesn't connect to Internet at all and I double checked the connection using an old Tp-link router which worked fine...So I had no choice other than to Hard reset the router and after the reset none of the R-apps load, it keeps spinning for quite some time and comes up with error "This Rapp is not loaded yet,please try again in a minute"... I once had same issue with previous beta build however, a computer restart fixed that issue but no luck with this build.... I even flashed the latest stable build in which all R-apps worked fine and then flashed the beta build (DumaOS 3.0.139) and performed a reset through Serttings but issue still persist... Are there any fix for this issue? It is really frustrating.

Message 151 of 635
LiLAsN
Star

Re: Issue reporting thread - POST NEW ISSUES HERE (V 2.63 running DumaOS 3.0.139)

URGENT!

Same here. All of a sudden, I thought my internet was down. Whichever device I disconnected from my router like my Note 10 phone where I turned off the WiFi and turned back on, will not connect to the router anymore. My PC which is connected via wired can't access the internet but can still access the router.

I tried talking to Alexa. I can still get weather information and even control my Home Automation devices. So whichever device which are not disconnected via WiFi from my router will still have internet access.

I then restarted my modem and router. Still no luck. I downgraded to the previous beta firmware. Still no luck. Btw, at this point, all devices can't connect via WiFi and I made sure to turn off and on the WiFi using the physical button on the router.

The only way to get all devices to connect to the router via WiFi is when the router is starting up. But the devices will not be able to get internet access.
At the same time, when the router has just finished starting up, my wired PC can access certain webpages just fine but a few seconds later, less than 10 seconds, I'll get disconnected from the internet.

I then proceeded to directly connect my wired PC to the modem. And voila. Problem free. Everything loads fast without any issues. So it is definitely the router problem since if it wasn't, it should still allow the devices to connect to its WiFi network. In this case, it doesn't let any device to connect after that initial few seconds after startup. Could it be a DHCP server bug?

Anyway, a nightmare for me happened. I was unable to connect to the router page after I connected the PC back to the router and connected the modem ethernet cable back to the router.
I tried restarting the PC. Flush DNS. Using another internet browser. No luck. Routerlogin.net also doesn't work. I also power cycled to no luck.
The only way was to power down the router for a few minutes instead of the typical 15 second shut down. Only then, I was able to access the router page. I still couldn't access the internet. I upgraded the firmware back to the latest beta and again, was able to connect to the internet for the few initial second. This is how I am typing here right now. Weirdly enough, this netgear page that is opened, I can still access its other threads. But I can't access any other internet page that I didn't open before it disconnected me from the internet. I tried letting the ISP choose the DNS server. The problem persists.

And now, with someone else mentioning the same problem as me just a few minutes apart, goes to show that it is indeed this router with either this beta firmware causing this issue. Thus why I am writing this.

As of now, I didn't attempt to downgrade to the official firmware or do a Factory Reset in case in breaks more stuff. Since I tried doing that once before and using my backup settings didn't restore my fixed IP address reservation page. What a headache that was to type in. So no thanks on doing a factory reset.

How can I get this issue fixed asap?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 152 of 635
mathmath51
Apprentice

Exact same thing !

In the log I have process '/usr/bin/dpiclass' died restart:true message looping !

Does it means there is an idem update mecanism that messed up something ?

Thanks

Message 153 of 635
Raf1212
Apprentice

hello two days ago qos, it turned off by itself, today again, I turned it on and the problems started, the internet disappeared, I can't connect in any way, only 10.0.0.1 worked, but only for a while, reinstallation does not work, I mean it works until when a message pops up conflict ip 10.0.0.1, then the router gets stupid, nothing can be done, the lights show the internet, but there is no suggestion anywhere,

https://imgur.com/ewfTJat

https://imgur.com/IuZy5kG

nothing works

http://routerlogin.net/adv_index.htm

Message 154 of 635
berto11
Tutor

i need help after update my 300 dollar router doesnt work cant connect to wifi it says no ip address i cant even login routerlogin.net to downgrade . i did a factory reset and nothing
Message 155 of 635
LiLAsN
Star

I think you might have just found a temporary fix to the internet problem. (But no fix for WiFi yet)

I went to the QOS tab --> Clicked on the 'Options' beside Congestion Control --> Ticked 'Disable QoS'. Voila. My internet is working fine on my PC.

Hmm.. It seems to only help my wired PC. I still can't get my phone to connect to the router's WiFi. The error I get on my phone is, 'Couldn't get IP address'. Which lead me to believe that the DHCP server is bugged too.

But since all of us are facing this issue at the same time, it could even be a time bug. I am going to try to manually alter the time to a few days ago to see if it fixes this issue. If it does, I will report back here.
Edit: Yeah.. Altering the timezone didn't help. There is no way to manually alter the time. So no luck with changing the time to see if this is a timed bug.

Message 156 of 635
Nareshak
Star

So, here is what I did.... I restarted the routered via settings to fix the R-app loading issue and suprisingly it got fixed but guess what? the initial problem occurred again which is I no longer can access Internet both Wired and Wifi devices (which was the initial issue)...I rebooted the router multiple times and sometime it connects to Internet for few seconds (may be linke 3 -4 seconds) but then it stops working...Now I see one more person is having similar issue, Thanks to @LiLAsN for the suggestion on Disabling QoS completely which now allows me to connect to internet on my main PC (Wired connection) however I'm still not able to connect any Wifi devices.

Message 157 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

For anyone having severe issues I would recommend you use the TFTP method to reinstall the firmware before beta .56. I think we have enough information at the moment as there should be a new build very soon so best that you're on a relatively stable firmware before then.

TFTP: https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP
.56: https://kb.netgear.com/000061157/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-56
Message 158 of 635
locosano
Star

I am in the same situation I no longer have internet via the xr500 I can no longer even access the interface fix this problem quickly please !!! because I don't have wifi or lan
Message 159 of 635
LiLAsN
Star

I gave up as of now. And since my wired PC is able to connect to the internet, I went to download the old official firmware (XR500-V2.3.2.56). Not these 2 beta firmwares. I've uploaded the old firmware to the XR500. I can now connect my phone to the router's WiFi network too. So all the issues seem to have been solved by using the official XR500 firmware for now.

So sorry to the DumaOS team. This bug is too game breaking. I still have other family members and I depend on a lot of Home Automation. So to not be able to get WiFi up with the current Beta firmwares, I have no choice but to go back. Will look forward to the next firmware iteration that will fix this bug as to allow me to play around with the overall better experience that I was having with the latest Beta firmware except for the bug that I faced today. It is just too disruptive.

Message 160 of 635
berto11
Tutor

same thing did a hard reset and nothing bye bye new router damm beta
Message 161 of 635
Nareshak
Star

@locosano you can't access the router page using routerlogin.net however u can access it with your default gateway IP address...

@Netduma-Fraser Sadly it seems, going back to the stable built is the only option but do you have any idea why this issue occurred out of nowhere? I could understand that if this issue occurred when I was messing around with some settings which might have broke something but I didn't. This Beta build was working fine (at least the basic features) all these while and this suddenly appears outta nowhere.

Message 162 of 635

I spent 3 hours this morning trying to figure out why my internet was completely down and had to eventually rollback my firmware to the official .56 release to get things back up and running.  There must of been some cloud update or something that came through last night that completely messed everything up.  Reminds me of the "DumaOS Not Loaded" situation last year.  I understand running beta software will have bugs but this is completely unacceptable.  

Message 163 of 635
Nareshak
Star

As far as I know, they don't push OTA updates for beta builds but at the moment I too suspect the same unless someone from DumaOS team gives an insight
Message 164 of 635
berto11
Tutor

damm same thing happened here im so mad now i have to rent a router
Message 165 of 635
locosano
Star

the solution given by nareshak worked it is necessary to reinitialize the xr500 and force the page 10.0.0.1 after I reinstall the version. 56 and reset once again it seems to work I do not understand what could have caused this problem especially without updated explanations would be welcome !!
Message 166 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi all, I have had this happen to my own router as well. I have checked with our team and we don't think we've sent out anything OTA but we'll double check and we'll also check with Netgear as well to see if they have done anything. A reboot followed by applying the internet settings in Internet Setup got me back up online. Very sorry for whatever has happened here, we will investigate. Meanwhile feel free to go back to .56 now, we will have a new firmware out very soon which I think will be more stable.
Message 167 of 635
Nareshak
Star

Not your fault Fraser, you are doing a fantastic job as a forum support guy and kudos to that...It's just the devs either from NetDuma or Netgear screwing things up. Anyway it's not a great deal to roll back to stable built cos most of the main features which suppose to work in 3.0 were either buggy or completely not working.

Message 168 of 635
kxndal
Guide

Betreff: Issue reporting thread - POST NEW ISSUES HERE (V 2.63 running DumaOS 3.0.139)

I wanted to write that the router is getting more unstable day by day and today the internet connection was completely gone. Acces the interface via 192.168.1.1, Setup the Internetconnection, Deactivate QOS. Now all LAN connections are Working again, but Wifi isn't working anymore. Now all Wifi Devices are connected to my Modem and are working great. I don't know what's going on. I hope for a quick Fix/Update, Because its long overdue.
Message 169 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Betreff: Issue reporting thread - POST NEW ISSUES HERE (V 2.63 running DumaOS 3.0.139)

@kxndal downgrade back to .56 for now and we will have a new firmware available very soon that will be more stable.
Message 170 of 635
Aboodi12345-
Guide

also i have the smae problem with my xr500 

shoild i go back to 3.0.92

i have now 3.0.139 

Message 171 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Aboodi12345 I would recommend going back to pre beta .56 for the moment until we can be certain what caused the issue/the new firmware is available https://kb.netgear.com/000061157/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-56
Message 172 of 635
Aboodi12345-
Guide

thank you and the team for the work .

Message 173 of 635
Bruthless1
Guide

Hello,

I too have had the same problem today.  I had to turn the power off at my house to do some electrical work, and when i turned it back on, none of my devices could connect to the internet.  I kept getting the message "self assigned IP address" on my computer and couldn't access the internet.  I restarted my modem and router about 10 times before I had to hold the reset button and restart the router.  The router however did still have DumaOs 3.0 still installed, I thought that would factory reset it to the default software but it didn't.  Anyhow, now it's back up and running.

Thanks,

Bruthless1

Message 174 of 635
Raf1212
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser For me it happened that qos started to turn off by itself, after an expensive start the router just died, now I miraculously returned to 56 everything works even the devices shows online, I will add a photo when trying to install 56

https://imgur.com/NgTd3Wk

I had no such weird sides before

Message 175 of 635
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7