× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Latest firmware download

Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Latest firmware download

Hello testers,

Here's the latest version of DumaOS 3.0 for the Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500.

When we previously released this firmware, some users reported issues. This was due to a cloud problem which has since been fixed. In our testing, this firmware has not produced any problems.

Changelog:

• Improved Connection Benchmark performance
  • Fix QoS crashing when IPv6 enabled
  • Fix auto-detect speed test producing an error when WAN is disconnected
  • Remove RPC popup when AP mode is active
  • Add update button on the Dashboard top right icons
  • Use default dashboard panels
  • Improve benchmark tests performance
  • Fix for device-manager device status for both wired/wifi devices
  • Multiple improvements for network monitor GUI
  • General system-wide GUI improvements

Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l51bhv5pidt2xfl/XR500-V2.3.2.104-DumaOS3.0-Beta.zip?dl=0

Please report any issues that you find in this thread!

Message 1 of 466
TheFuzzyOne87
Apprentice

Hi @Netduma_Alex,

Has this been recompiled or anything?

I ask as I am using it from last time so wanted to know if I should re-install with this new link image which has the same version or not?

Cheers,

Message 2 of 466
mreich1978
Apprentice

I think this is the wrong firmware. These files have the same date & time stamps as the previous download. This appears to be just a link to the existing broken firmware.

Message 3 of 466
Baturi
Apprentice

yeah i agree
Message 4 of 466
michaeljfig
Guide

I don't mind trying this firmware. I have 3 other routers I can use if this stops working.

Question though, I already have 2 routers hooked up (non netduma routers). One router is wireless ap. I believe I can plug in XR500 to current router which is an ASUS Rog router and use it for PS4 and other wireless devices that way everything will stay online. My question is, it's doable right? Not that long of a question. I know the basics as like I said I have two routers already hooked up. This will simply be adding a third (wired).
Message 5 of 466
Scrubosaurus
Guide

sorry guys, im lost, is this file the new one?

Message 6 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As Alex mentioned it was a cloud issue, so we have fixed that now and so you can install this firmware and you won't get the disconnect type issue that was happening previously. Would suggest doing a factory reset once installed just so you start fresh and we can collate any issues you may have then.
Message 7 of 466
Scrubosaurus
Guide

oh sry m8, didnt get that. ill install it l8r ty!

Message 8 of 466
mock
Aspirant

i cant seem to get it to work i download but it says currupted when i go to open it

@Netduma_Alex wrote:

Hello testers,

Here's the latest version of DumaOS 3.0 for the Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500.

When we previously released this firmware, some users reported issues. This was due to a cloud problem which has since been fixed. In our testing, this firmware has not produced any problems.

Changelog:

• Improved Connection Benchmark performance
  • Fix auto-detect speed test producing an error when WAN is disconnected
  • Remove RPC popup when AP mode is active
  • Add update button on the Dashboard top right icons
  • Use default dashboard panels
  • Improve benchmark tests performance
  • Fix for device-manager device status for both wired/wifi devices
  • Multiple improvements for network monitor GUI
  • General system-wide GUI improvements

Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l51bhv5pidt2xfl/XR500-V2.3.2.104-DumaOS3.0-Beta.zip?dl=0

Please report any issues that you find in this thread!

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 9 of 466
Tripper_
Guide

I updated and I haven't ran into any problems yet.

Message 10 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@mock you need to access the router interface. Go to Settings > Administration > Firmware update and upload the file there and then upgrade. Don't open it on your PC as it won't work.
Message 11 of 466
generozen
Tutor

Hi

Is this a fixed beta firmware file or same file as before.  I read that many users had connectivity issues last week after updating the firmware last week.  I dont want to experience same thing.

Hopefully this is a NEW version with same build # ????

Message 12 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As Alex mentioned it was a cloud issue, so we have fixed that now and so you can install this firmware and you won't get the disconnect type issue that was happening previously. Would suggest doing a factory reset once installed just so you start fresh and we can collate any issues you may have then.
Message 13 of 466
michaeljfig
Guide

Omg you guys did a terrific job at this firmware!!!

So I plugged in XR500 to my Asus Rog router and I'm going to let the rog manage household devices until I see no problems.

I upgraded Xr500 with beta firmware, reset router and it is Smoooooth. On Modern Warfare PS4 it is working great so far.

My only concern is for people on bottom of world where you can't draw a line around countries like Tasmania, possibly even bottom of South America or bottom of Africa. I didn't try any other countries but the pen won't let me shape down there because it's off the page? Or is it my screen size?

I'm in USA but was fiddling around and noticed that.

But Thanks so much for working on this wonderful firmware!!!
Message 14 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Zoom in, then click and hold the map to move it. Then you can create a Polygon there - however there won't be any servers in those very southern locations. Thanks for the kind words!
Message 15 of 466
Glenn693
Apprentice

Only problem am getting on update 104 is when i come to do a connection test i press run test and all it does is a red thing spins next too the run test and nothing happens on the speed test , ping test or ping test underload then after a while it will just log me out of the xr500 and il have to sign back in.
Message 16 of 466
NastySkill
Aspirant

It shows up two witch one do I use
Message 17 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Glenn693 I replied to you in the other topic.

@NastySkill download the .img file and then upload that to the router.
Message 18 of 466
Aboodi12345-
Guide

https://imgur.com/DcPlEWy 

there is 2 file wich one ???? one with 70 size the other onw with 36673850

Message 19 of 466
Aboodi12345-
Guide

wherea the autosetup on QOS ??????? 

Message 20 of 466
Baturi
Apprentice

for me Connection benchmark test gets stuck on a loading loop it was working fine earlier before but now seems to not @Netduma_Alex
Message 21 of 466
Baturi
Apprentice

(UPDATE) its all working now^^
Message 22 of 466
kxndal
Guide

Betreff: Latest firmware download

What I noticed, the router has become more stable and less crashes.
I still have problems with DHCP and the Under Load Test (Upload) no matter what I set in QOS under Congestion Control - it does nothing. It limits the upload but the ping under Load is always a D.
And have a bug that it applying settings every time i go to QOS.

Where is the auto setup at QOS?

Message 23 of 466
Phantomblu
Apprentice

Downloaded last night and installed even I noticed more 'established' . The only thing that still doesn't work even after resetting is the Traffic controller that doesn't work. Otherwise everything is fine.

Message 24 of 466
Retired_Member
Not applicable

when is the next update

Message 25 of 466
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7