× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Latest firmware download

truthx7
Guide

does this firmware still have some devices as not showing?aslo,if this is the same firmware before it was taken down,i forgot to report that this version was causing controller disconnects and malfunctions with my xbox.thanks for your hard work!
Message 26 of 466
rbarba23
Guide

Ive been gettingf tons of errors in logs of xr500.i use to get the same errors before the .56 firmware 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 27 of 466
Retired_Member
Not applicable

reset your router to factory default mine worked when i did that @rbarba23 

Message 28 of 466
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

During my latest testing.I noticed some issues with the beta. 

1. Network speed

2. Changing Theme function was taken off.

3. Advanced > network speed 

4. Connection benchmark 

Router and modem spec

Modem 

Cm1100- Running on spectrum 

1Gb Internet speed

Connected to the router via CAT6 Cable

Router 

Of course XR500

Connected to a diversity of multiple devices 

Network Speed

*The device I'm running these test on is on a laptop hardwire to the router via Cat6 *

Ran test 3 times for each testing site

Speedtest by Ookla- Stands at- Download @900Mbps and Upload @40Mbps

Fast.com- Stands at - Download @420 Mbps and Upload at @36Mbps

Speedcheck.- Stands at- Download @435 Mbps and Upload at @38Mbps

*Ran Network Speed on advanced settings* 

(ran into the same issue) 

*showed the function or action was taking to long to complete*

On Advance>network speed- on average it was 200 Mbps Download and 40Mbps, and on the fourth time I ran into an error. 

-Ran Connection benchmark- same error occurred, but it still managed to complete.But some of my 3 previous rans didn't save.

*the result of the final testing will be shown in my screenshot*

But what I can notice is that the testing was inconclusive since the Ping test (under load) and speed test was all over the place and couldn't narrow down in average. 

This is some of the issue I noticed as a regular consumer. I have no experience in networking beside the regular/basic stuff that concern the regular consumer.

Message 29 of 466
rbarba23
Guide

that was the first thing i did. IPV6 is also not working

Message 30 of 466
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

What I noticed with mine. Is that I had to disable the IPV6 then enable it for it work. 

Message 31 of 466
mreich1978
Apprentice

Guessing a few weeks. they were supposed to have a new updated firmware to fix the current issues, but since that was blamed on a 'cloud issue' and people are able to connect to the internet there hasn't been any talk of it. I am guessing late september for the next release

Message 32 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Aboodi12345 did you manage to upgrade okay? Auto Setup is not available currently on the XR500.
@kxndal Great to hear that. Are you using Always for Congestion Control? Could you post the results of your Benchmark results please? If you clear your browser cache/cookies does that resolve the apply settings? As above for auto setup.
@Phantomblu could you provide a screenshot of the settings you’re using for Traffic Controller please?
@Retired_Member we’ll try and get a new update out soon but we’ve only just put this one back out. We need time to collect enough issues from each version.
@truthx7 that should have been fixed but please provide your feedback regarding this. Yes same firmware but we fixed the original issue, please reupload it then do a factory reset. Then let us know if those issues still occur and also provide more information about those issues please.
@rbarba23 please try disabling, then enabling IPv6 to see if that works as suggested above.
@iielmesswavy did you do a factory reset after upgrading to this version? Could you let us know the speeds you get from here please? https://speed.measurementlab.net/#/
@mreich1978 as the issue was resolved in the cloud we can now collect meaningful feedback regarding this version.
Message 33 of 466
Retired_Member
Not applicable

What do you mean back out did you re-add it so you can fix a few updates on this build. Does that mean I have to update it again to the same firmware
Message 34 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As it we removed the link and we haven't long re-added the link for people to use the firmware. No just do a reset and then provide feedback on any issues you have.
Message 35 of 466
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

Okay I got you

Message 36 of 466
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

I must be blind because I cant seem to find a factory reset option in the menus. Unlesss you mean the actual physical button on the router. 

Message 37 of 466
ivanrei
Star

Hi @iielmesswavy,

Settings -> Administration -> Backup Settings -> 'Erase' Button.

Message 38 of 466
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser

I have now sucessfully factory reset the router and ran https://speed.measurementlab.net/#/.

Ran the test three times

On average 

Download is at 200 to 205 Mbps

Upload is at 34 to 36 Mbps

Message 39 of 466
rbarba23
Guide

ipv6 is working but tons of "error parsing line in arp table"Screenshot (8).pngScreenshot (7).png

Message 40 of 466
Funstuff
Apprentice

I downloaded, unzipped, and updated no problems.

Next I did a hard reset ans you suggested and it had me go through resetting up the router like it was new. No problem there. Do not know if it was suppose to do that or not.  I wouldn't think so. Any way during the process it ran a speet test to determine download and upload speeds for optimization. It came back with 890mMb down and 69Mb up. Ran it a couple times for consistency and then accepted the results.

Now after finishing all the setup and playing around with the functionality a little I also experienced the same issues as iielmesswavvy.  My download was 341/898 mbps and 49/69 mbps. Although I ran some other speed tests ookla and another and they returned 800+ down and 60+ up so I am guessing the speed is there just your reporting Rapp is erroneous.

PS Is there going to be a new thread to report bugs? If I missed it sorry.

John

Message 41 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@iielmesswavy & @Funstuff thank you for the information, I've made a topic for the speeds here, please post there if you have any more information. Setup Wizard is expected after a reset and keep posting issues here for the moment please. https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/Connection-Benchmark-reports-lower-...

@rbarba23 I can't see the pictures, could you use imgur for example and link them?
Message 42 of 466
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

I am also having these errors after enabling ipv6. 

[DumaOS] Error parsing line in ARP table: 'fe80::2bc:60ff:fe92:ec19 dev brwan lladdr 00:bc:60:92:ec:19 router STALE', Wednesday, September 16, 2020 11:27:18 [DumaOS] Error parsing line in ARP table: 'fe80::9af7:81ff:feb8:852c dev br0 lladdr f6:f2:6d:b8:85:2c STALE', Wednesday, September 16, 2020 11:27:18 [DumaOS] Error parsing line in ARP table: 'fe80::2bc:60ff:fe92:ec19 dev brwan lladdr 00:bc:60:92:ec:19 router STALE', Wednesday, September 16, 2020 11:26:43

Message 43 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@iielmesswavy is IPv6 working correctly for you?
Message 44 of 466
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser 

IPv6 is enabled. Furthermore, it is showing active on devices that support it. But the error is still presenting itself on the logs. 

Message 45 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay thank you, if it's working then nothing to worry about. Let us know if you get a log entry if it fails please.
Message 46 of 466
Phantomblu
Apprentice

Re: Ultimo download del firmware

Here's the screen, hoping you're going to seeHere's the screen, hoping you're going to see

Message 47 of 466
Phantomblu
Apprentice

Re: Ultimo download del firmware

In the Traffic Controller error, this appears in the logs:

[DumaOS] RPC call 'add_rule' exception 'ERROR: Validation failed for 'allow' stack traceback: ^I?: in function '__new__' ^I?: i,

Message 48 of 466
kxndal
Guide

Betreff: Latest firmware download

@Netduma-Fraser  Yes, I use "Always" for congestion control. Here are the results: https://imgur.com/7TE5y25 No matter what I use for upload it doesn't get any better. It limits the upload but the ping under load (upload) remains the same. I've tried everything. It's not just me who have this problem, others also have this problem, so I want it to be fixed. Here in the beta forum 2 people have already mentioned it. I cleared the browser cache / cookies. I tried a different browser, even used a different device. The PopUp just doesn't go away. Thanks for your hard work. Hope to see a new fix/update soon. Best regards
Message 49 of 466
Bishop555
Guide

get the same error

[DumaOS] Error parsing line in ARP table: 'fe80::1470:e3b9:3d9d:4cb8 dev br0 lladdr 00:6d:52:f1:9f:10 STALE',

Message 50 of 466
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7