× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Latest firmware download

Raf1212
Apprentice

@iielmesswavy what do you mean, where I was rude, you can't ask, it's already three months of beta and I'm just worried that it is not going in the right direction, and besides, the translator is translating wrongly, so, attorney-at-law, you could also take into account

Message 76 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Raf1212 I do understand your concerns but this is why we’re having the open beta so we can fix any issues like this, doing it this way will make it much more stable for public release. Thank you for your support so far and helping us make the software better.
@mathmath51 We’ve got a ticket open for that IPv6 issue. I’ve made a ticket for the devices going offline issue too quickly so thank you, that can be found here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/Devices-appear-offline-too-quickly/... could you expand on the Geo-Filter list, what do you mean exactly?
Message 77 of 466
niewiado
Apprentice

So I noticed WiFi calling didn’t work for me on the 104 beta. I went back to the official firmware and it seems to have restored WiFi calling. I say “seems” because it didn’t work right away but within a few minutes my phone recognized WiFi calling and the icon returned and calling ability over WiFi returned. Not sure if this is linked to the upnp issues some have mentioned, or ipv6, or if it’s unrelated to the router but I thought it was worth mentioning since for me I have a weak cellular signal in the house so WiFi calling is pretty critical. Thanks
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 78 of 466
mathmath51
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser Here 2 screenshots : one when you add a new device and one when you click on profile (note that the profile button is only displayed when using the circle legacy mode)

https://imgur.com/amLoITm

https://imgur.com/vtRttkw

Message 79 of 466
minino
Apprentice

hello, for apex legends has something been improved in geo-filter? or still can't be used? I don't have anything added to the geofilter for me, apex legends goes worse if I add the console to the geofilter, I only have qos activated and traffic priority to apex. it goes much better than if I add console in geofilter even if it is in spectating mode
Message 80 of 466
Raf1212
Apprentice

in my case from the last problems with version 104 or cloud problems, for me the geo-filter is useless terrible delays on servers up to 20ms more and zero hit detection, so I play without geo filter, now I'm on 56 without geo filter

Message 81 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@niewiado We’ve got a topic regarding this open so the devs can take a look. Please post any information regarding this there: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/WiFi-calling-doesn-t-work/td-p/1977...
@mathmath51 is says Destiny for both, are you wanting it to say Destiny 2?
@minino no not yet, that will require a cloud update not a firmware update so you can use Spectating Mode or not at all for the moment. As you can pick the server in game it should work fine.
@Raf1212 20ms more than you’d typically get on the Geo-Filter or are you referring to in game ping? Are you playing the CoD Alpha? If so that’s not a fair test as it’s not a stable build.
Message 82 of 466
Guitarslynger79
Apprentice

I did have an issue with the 5gh band giving an authentication error with my credentials. A reboot seemed to clear it up, but I haven't checked the logs to see what may have caused it
Message 83 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Guitarslynger79 was that on all devices you tried to connect to it with? Were you typing in the password or was it saved from previous times?
Message 84 of 466
mathmath51
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
@mathmath51is says Destiny for both, are you wanting it to say Destiny 2?

I'm just pointing out that both lists are different (not jsut for destiny, in one you can find Geforce now and not in the other etc.)

Message 85 of 466
Guitarslynger79
Apprentice

Yes, it was all devices. And credentials were saved from previous connections, so I had devices forget said network, and tried to reconnect. Wouldn't authenticate. 2.4 worked fine, and has the exact same login as the 5. A simple reboot fixed it, so I'll keep an eye to see if and when it happens again
Message 86 of 466
Raf1212
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser it is about all games with geo-filter recently giving a large 20 ms delay as if it was blocking connections and I'm not sure that there is a loss of packets,

Message 87 of 466
mathmath51
Apprentice

Hi,

I've noticed that the UPNP table is not always updated, especially PS4 port open by games (but not only PS4) that are not closed more than 12 hours later after the console was put to sleep mode and the game closed.

These ports are in reality not used anymore as if I turn off then turn on the UPNP the table stays empty.

Also, I've noticed that in the device manager, the PS4 is always online, even in sleep mode, when on the other hand the other divices tend to be disconnected too quickly.

Message 88 of 466
mathmath51
Apprentice

Hi,

The ping heatmap rapps is not loading apparently since this morning : https://imgur.com/JMgxqws

I'm using Chrome Version 85.0.4183.102 (Build officiel) (64 bits) on Windows 10.

Nothing is mentionned in the logs.

The page was loading OK yesterday.

Message 89 of 466
Raf1212
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser today I noticed that my xr500 loses its name and disappears from the port in livebox, and appears as a usual device in the connection history

Message 90 of 466
Pull123
Apprentice

So I down load the link to my laptop and when I try to download it to the xr500 it comes up with please assign the correct file the file format is img but I am doing this don't get what I am doing wrong
Message 91 of 466
michaeljfig
Guide

@mathmath51

PS4 will remain online in sleep mode if you have "update while in sleep mode" (something like that) selected. It maintains a constant connection for updating games and stuff. If it's not enabled then yeah it's failing somewhere.
Message 92 of 466
Pull123
Apprentice

I don't get what you mean sorry its for the beta am having trouble with can't seem to download it to the router
Message 93 of 466
michaeljfig
Guide

@Pull123

You did extract the zip right?
Then upload the .img file?
Also, try directly connected with ethernet (wired) because it could be disconnecting you while it attempts to update.

Or try different web browser.
Message 94 of 466
LanceStout
Aspirant

Is this the beta for the xr450 also??

Message 95 of 466
LanceStout
Aspirant

is this the beta for the xr450 also??

Message 96 of 466
Pull123
Apprentice

Yes I download straight to computer and am wired in to when I try the router tells me it's the wrong file and to download the img file witch I am doing
Message 97 of 466

Betreff: Latest firmware download

Hey Team,

iam on 'XR500-V2.3.2.104-DumaOS3.0-Beta and my the issue i found is the recognition of CS:GO UDP Packets to the "High Priority Packets" doesn´t work properly.

When iam ingame and Refresh my Community Browser, these refresh packets are in the High Priority Queue. But when iam ingame and the UDP packets begin to flow the High Priority Queue is sometimes deactivated and alle of the packets are in the background queue.

Only a few acknowledgements are High Priority. In 5 minutes of gaming the counter for High Priority is 10 - 15 packets higher then before.

The whole UDP packets it seems are recognized als "background prio" i also tried to open in "Advanced" the port range from 1 - 65535 for UDP for incoming and outgoing. but it stays the same. UDP packets are not beeing recognized as High priority.

I have IPv6 deactivated. Open NAT.

Because of my Provider "Deutsche Telekom" (iam on FTTH) i use vlan tag by tag group on VLan 7. Without it the router can´t connect to the internet.

I don´t tried it with other games, but like i said for CS:GO it doesn´t work with High Prio Packets. Any Idea´s ? I Had the same issues with old firmware.... it´s nothing new.

Message 98 of 466

first install went well, most features worked well, only issue i found was my connection from the internet would stop working after a few hours and started getting DNS issues, tried changing DNS from 8.8.8.8 to different servers and no difference. Restart of xr500 seemed to be only thing to reset connect to working state. After a couple of days of testing and getting drop outs i reinstalled latest netgear firmware and now got stable internet with out dropouts. So far beta looking good, can't wait for final release!

Message 99 of 466
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Which xr router do u have
Message 100 of 466
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7