× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Betreff: Latest firmware download

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Latest firmware download

@mathmath51 @TimChang @iceway_zhang can you look into the UPnP issue please? Regarding the Device Manager, if it is in sleep mode then it will send packets periodically, checking for updates etc which is what will be keeping it online. If you turn it off fully it would go offline. If you reboot the router does Ping Heatmap load correctly?
@Raf1212 it lost connection? If so that will be this issue https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/Devices-disconnected-100-CPU-Used/m...
@Pull123 please include a photo the file you’re trying to upload exactly and what it says on the router when trying to upgrade with it.
@LanceStout no it isn’t for the 450, we will be releasing a separate firmware very soon for that router.
@nWoMaverick How have you added your device to prioritize CS? If you add it with the Games Console service does it prioritize correctly?
Message 101 of 466
Pull123
Apprentice

It's OK I've managed to download it thanks
Message 102 of 466

@Netduma-Fraser I´ve clicked on "Add Device" selected my PC then clicked on "next" select "Source Engine (CS:GO,DORA2,TF2 etc)" clicked done.   Same with your tip "Games Console" but nothing. Router don´t recognize the packets as High Priority. Same under Advanced Tab with Ports from 1 to 65535 as source port and destination port. Still the same result. No recognition of CS:GO UDP packets as Priority.

We talked about it over twitter a while ago. The Issue is the same.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 103 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@nWoMaverick that is very weird. If you try it with other games using the Games Console service does it prioritize correctly or is it all PC games?
Message 104 of 466

@Netduma-Fraser i don´t have a console to try it. I only have a PC and can check it with other PC games.

Message 105 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes please check it with other PC games using the Games Console service.
Message 106 of 466
kxndal
Guide

Betreff: Latest firmware download

Hey Fraser, sorry for the late reply.

Hope you haven't forgotten my problem (high ping in the upload test via DHCP)
I'm at Deutsche Telekom in Germany. I need a PPOE and VLAN ID7 connection. But I run the ISP router (Speedport Smart 3) as a modem/router Combo because when i put it on Modem Only Mode, I can't use the telephone function, so I run it via DHCP, and never had any problems with it.

Modem/Router Comb (Speedport Smart 3) with Wifi off > XR500 > everthing

The stability was good until yesterday the router lost the connection. I reset the Router. its working again. I think this is due to the problem with the CPU, which is often at 100%

If I change something in QOS then I always get the error message: RPC error 'ERROR_NOENT': Rule not found in chain

Hope you can do something with this.

Best regards

Message 107 of 466

@Netduma-Fraser I´ve Checked:

Division 2: Don´t work with "DumaOS Classified Games" Don´t Work with "Games Console" Don´t Work with "Division 2" Service

Overwatch: Is Working with "DumaOS Classified Games" DONT works with "Games Console" Is Working with "Overwatch" Service

CS:GO: Don´t work with "DumaOS Classified Games" Don´t Work with "Games Console" Don´t Work with "Source Engine Games" Service

Diablo3: Don´t work with "DumaOS Classified Games" Don´t Work with "Games Console"

Amazon Prime is Working with "Amazon Prime Video" Service

Netflix is Working with "Netflix" Service

So at the Moment the Only Game working is Overwatch. Netflix and Amazon i only test because i want to test. I Would never prefer this Packets 😄

But my maingame is CS:GO i play it 95% of my time at the PC. It sucks that this isn´t working. Any Ideas ? or wait for new Software ?

Message 108 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@kxndal okay that sounds like this issue here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/Devices-disconnected-100-CPU-Used/t... if you have any more information regarding it please post there. I've let the devs know about the QoS error also as it should have been fixed.

@nWoMaverick Thanks for the information, I've made a ticket for it here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/Traffic-Prioritization-not-working-... if you have any more information/tests on it please post there. The devs will need to look and see whether it needs firmware or a cloud update.
Message 109 of 466
Raf1212
Apprentice

birds were singing that there will be a new compilation this week @Netduma_Alex  @Netduma-Fraser 

Message 110 of 466
Baturi
Apprentice

@AnonymousGuy_fraser i remember during my time on the Cold war open alpha my (3074) UDP port worked 24/7 and for MW yes sometimes it works any idea why it worked at all times for the alpha
Message 111 of 466
Scrubosaurus
Guide

birds were singing that there will be a new compilation this week @Netduma_Alex  @Netduma-Fraser 

what changes?

Message 112 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Baturi what do you mean by worked and didn't work? It didn't open for MW?
Message 113 of 466
Baturi
Apprentice

i mean it as it did open the port for MW but whenever i turn on QoS the port starts to deactivate it self. the only way i get it to be active all the time is to load up Cold war alpha > close the app > load up MW
Message 114 of 466
michaeljfig
Guide

@Baturi
That's reminds me of something in the past. Lots of people had that problem with previous Call of Duty's. I remember on PS3 after launching Call of Duty they would be NAT type Moderate until they either inserted the disc or launch a different Call of Duty then go back and NAT type would be open. So my thought, it's a Call of Duty problem most likely relating to ports.
Message 115 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As above, there needs to be time so that the router can determine that the ports for that game are no longer needed and need to be switched so I think that is normal.
Message 116 of 466
michaeljfig
Guide

@Baturi Yeah I agree with Fraser on this. So technically your device "possibly" had a different IP address with that port open and upon going back on device it was assigned a new IP but port was still opened on previous IP unless you set a static IP like I do on my PS4.

We have 3 PS4's and rarely have port problems. I think key is assign that device a static IP so port will remain. I didn't read too far up so I might have missed something.

Hope you get it fixed! 👍
Message 117 of 466
Funstuff
Apprentice

After a few more days, not really testing anything in particular I have ran into some of the same issues already mentioned. I have taken screen shots of them for you. The first issue is the unblocking of a device fails with an RPC error.  I comes back with a different one one subsequent unblocking attempts. Deleting the device/s resolves the block. This issue I saw someone report.

https://imgur.com/a/bfs1BQA

https://imgur.com/a/OpBWfz0

The next issue is the devive manage showing devices offline when they are really online.  I can actually watch the device manager actively moving them online to offline and vice versa while everything is basically idle. This issue I saw someone report.

https://imgur.com/a/NRX1EIG

The third item I ran across after trying a proposed fix for the connection benchmark issue, I think, I've read so many post on the issues I am losing track, maybe need to write stuff down 🙂 When I selected 'always' instead of 'auto-enable' in the congestion control I also get an RPC error.

https://imgur.com/a/dZZbl1d

I hope the screen shots are clear enough you can get the info you need.  Holler if you need more.

P.S. I got to learn about imgur, wheeee! 🙂

John

Message 118 of 466
gdwwdg
Guide

i cant find beta for xr700

@Netduma_Alex wrote:

Hello testers,

Here's the latest version of DumaOS 3.0 for the Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500.

When we previously released this firmware, some users reported issues. This was due to a cloud problem which has since been fixed. In our testing, this firmware has not produced any problems.

Changelog:

• Improved Connection Benchmark performance
  • Fix QoS crashing when IPv6 enabled
  • Fix auto-detect speed test producing an error when WAN is disconnected
  • Remove RPC popup when AP mode is active
  • Add update button on the Dashboard top right icons
  • Use default dashboard panels
  • Improve benchmark tests performance
  • Fix QoS crashing when IPv6 enabled
  • Fix for device-manager device status for both wired/wifi devices
  • Multiple improvements for network monitor GUI
  • General system-wide GUI improvements

Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l51bhv5pidt2xfl/XR500-V2.3.2.104-DumaOS3.0-Beta.zip?dl=0

Please report any issues that you find in this thread!

ceo said in his blog its ready

Message 119 of 466
Baturi
Apprentice

i have assigned a static ip and the issue is still the same
Message 120 of 466

Some isp's use a carrier grade NAT which shares a single ip 4 adress with multiple end users. Problem being you can't get a full open NAT in a game no matter what you try. Only way around it is to see if your ISP offers a static ip address which will fix the open NAT problem. I had this with my ISP and they said it's because I've is nearly out of addresses they have to combine them at server end to save addresses as its expensive to buy more.

Quote from my ips aussie broadband

Carrier-grade NAT (CGNAT, also known as large-scale NAT), is a method of sharing a single unique public IP address with multiple services to allow providers to extend their pool of usable IPv4 addresses. This means your modem or router will be assigned a private IP address instead of a unique public IP address. Our network will then translate that into a shared public address allowing you to access the Internet.
Message 121 of 466
Baturi
Apprentice

interesting see i already have open nat i'm also with Aussie broadband i also have opted out with CGNAT its just the i strictly wan't to use that Port for my game only i also did some research using that Port number can give you a cleaner online Hit detection etc its like i need to reboot router to get it working again but then later on it deactivates itself
Message 122 of 466
michaeljfig
Guide

@theghostoftime That is insane and bad for a company to do that. What if someone does something illegal does it punish everyone? I'm sure they still know who. But I like the idea where it's not shared because it can be a problem.

Here in the US I haven't heard of anything like that unless maybe a business or a college. But for security I think it's best for isp's to not share.

I'm not doing anything illegal but hate to get busted for something someone else is doing you know?

Insane though none the less.

Hope everyone fixes their issues.
Message 123 of 466
michaeljfig
Guide

@Baturi Have you contacted your isp to ask them about the port? See cause I have heard of isp's blocking certain ports to stop viruses and hackers but I doubt they block that most gaming ports and what not.
Message 124 of 466

about 3 months ago i started playing COD warzone on PC, for the first few weeks i tried different things from my PC to get full open NAT in game, tried port forwarding in modem and xr500, used DMZ mode, put modem into full bridged mode and just run all DHCP from xr500 only. Manually set a static address in windows and even reinstalled windows 10 and redownloaded Warzone which is 205Gb at the time lol.and could never get it to open any ports game related ports or any random ports, everything was blocked using online port checkers. I did some googling as to why my ports are all blocked and someone in a forum said to see if my ISP blocks ports. after checking out there FAQ page found that they use CGNAT. I ended up opting for a static IP as its $5 a month and straight away i was NAT free in COD. Now i have full open NAT i dont have NAT problems with voice chat or gaming on PC or Xbox one. They do IPV6 as a beta test, but don't think that works in games for ports being open like IPV4 does? Most ISP's are taking their time to migrate to IPV6 and due to IPV4 nearly out of usable addresses, they need to push IPV6 into the market as it supports Billions more addresses then IPV4.

Message 125 of 466
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7