× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Latest firmware download

Baturi
Apprentice

nope i haven't called em up do you think i need to disable UPnP to get my manual traffic prioritization working?
Message 126 of 466
Glenn693
Apprentice

Are we getting a new update today for the xr500
Message 127 of 466
michaeljfig
Guide

@Baturi What I do is this,

Go to router settings:
"Settings" > "LAN Setup". Add static IP towards bottom of page to your device.
Try not to assign IP on your device because sometimes it doesn't work. Make sure your device is set to auto.

Restart your device and it "should" get the IP assign from the router.
Forward the necessary ports.

I always enable upnp because for me Call of Duty uses tons of ports I didn't forward.
Message 128 of 466
mreich1978
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraserany updates about getting a new firmware this week?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 129 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Funstuff Thank you, I’ve made a topic for the Device Manager errors here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/Device-Manager-errors/m-p/1981918#M... are the devices going offline/online wired or wireless? We’re aware of that RPC error, it’s a regression.
@gdwwdg 3.0 for the XR700 isn’t available yet, we will make an announcement when it is.
@Baturi make a port forwarding rule if you want that specific port at all times.
@Glenn693 @mreich1978 not necessarily today but when I have info I’ll let you know, last I heard it was still on track for this week.
Message 130 of 466
Baturi
Apprentice

i've been getting alot of these in logs ever since the open beta here it is > Error parsing line in ARP table: 'fe80::f870:26ff:fec3:716a dev br0 lladdr fa:70:26:c3:71:6a STALE', Saturday, September 26, 2020 02:46:09 [
Message 131 of 466
Guitarslynger79
Apprentice

@Baturi wrote:
i've been getting alot of these in logs ever since the open beta here it is > Error parsing line in ARP table: 'fe80::f870:26ff:fec3:716a dev br0 lladdr fa:70:26:c3:71:6a STALE', Saturday, September 26, 2020 02:46:09 [

Been getting those myself... Not sure what is causing it though

Message 132 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are either of you using IPv6 or having issues with IPv6? If not then you can ignore the entries. The logs are for the developers mainly.
Message 133 of 466
Guitarslynger79
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Are either of you using IPv6 or having issues with IPv6? If not then you can ignore the entries. The logs are for the developers mainly.

To be honest, I havent even entertained switching over to IPv6 yet. Was waiting for the next release to do that. Trying to juggle beta testing, and keeping a stable network for my son while he navigates through pandemic virtual schooling. I will be moving that direction as soon as i know its a bit more stable.

Message 134 of 466
Baturi
Apprentice

Nope fraser i am using IPV4
Message 135 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay no need to worry about it then 🙂
Message 136 of 466
michaeljfig
Guide

For now until someone really needs to use IPV6 I'd say stick to IPV4 and disable the other.

But, it would help Netduma fix the problems by leaving it enabled so they can troubleshoot. After all that's why it's beta, to fix problems to get perfect firmware.
Message 137 of 466
mreich1978
Apprentice

so whats the status of the updated firmware that was supposed to be released this week?

Message 138 of 466
michaeljfig
Guide

@mreich1978 They posted on Twitter that they are getting caught up on things and it should be released next wee.

No biggie. At least it's going well so far!
I have no problems, hopefully you guys get problems sorted though. 👍
Message 139 of 466
michaeljfig
Guide

*Next week. I thought we could edit our posts? Can't now. On phone so auto correct messes with me. 😩😩😩
Message 140 of 466
mreich1978
Apprentice

@michaeljfig wrote:
@mreich1978They posted on Twitter that they are getting caught up on things and it should be released next wee.

no things are not going well. I have to reboot the router daily, sometimes multiple times a day. they mentioned an updated release 2 weeks ago then it got pushed, now it has been pushed again. I would say check the history of this beta but all those posts have been deleted.

so no this is not OK, this is not normal, this is bull**bleep**.

Message 141 of 466
mreich1978
Apprentice

@michaeljfig wrote:
@mreich1978They posted on Twitter that they are getting caught up on things and it should be released next wee.

also why do we have to go to Twitter just to get an update on this?!?

Message 142 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you're having serious issues with the firmware then go back to .56 and wait for a new beta build and then you can try that. It's a beta so issues will happen, if it is frustrating then don't use it until it is more stable.
Message 143 of 466
Guitarslynger79
Apprentice

A couple days ago, I did mention about getting an authentication error when trying to connect to either of the bands, but I can still connect to my range extender. Not sure if that's an issue in the beta build or not, and I honestly have no idea if the logs will show anything regarding that. It's kinda screwy really that somehow other devices are able to connect and authenticate properly, while others aren't
Message 144 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Do you have Smart Connect enabled? It could be to do with that or the extender, hard to say without testing each individually.
Message 145 of 466
Bibobert
Tutor

Betreff: Latest firmware download

Valorant doesnt work with Qos, tried all.

Can somebody help?
Message 146 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Add the device playing Valorant with the Games Console service and then it will be prioritized.
Message 147 of 466
Bibobert
Tutor

Thank You very much, Finally it works with your help. Zero Paket Loss.
Message 148 of 466
Guitarslynger79
Apprentice

I don't use smart connect, so it wouldnt be that. I essentially have the XRM570 setup here in the house, but have a standalone EX6200 as well. The only connection I have is to the 6200, I'm guessing it's somewhere between the xr500 and EX7700. Only started doing this with the newest beta firmware, as it worked fine with the .56 official
Message 149 of 466
Guitarslynger79
Apprentice

A reboot does clear it up, but only for a short time, so I've just been monitoring it to see when it's happening
Message 150 of 466
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7