× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Latest firmware download

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If possible I'd check to see if you experience it connected to purely the XR500 WiFi.
Message 151 of 466
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You will need to factory default it that worked for me because when I updated it to the new 3.0 The first time it was very very glitchy but it works now you have to hold down the button for 30 seconds in the back of it until the power light blinks it will work it worked for me
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 152 of 466
defiled669
Apprentice

when will there be a new update fix for 104

Message 153 of 466
frontline2012
Aspirant

Duma 3.0 is nice but I have some problems. My internet is disconnected at certain times. Although the internet light on my modem is active. This problem started with this update. I use pppoe as internet service.what could cause the problem?

Router;XR500

Message 154 of 466
ivanrei
Star

Good Day,

Do the guys that keep bitching and moaning know the definition of a Beta? That’s why some companies don’t do open betas.

Taken from https://www.productplan.com/glossary/beta-test/

“What is the Objective?

Beta testing is the best chance to find bugs and usability issues before a product is fully released. While internal testing can uncover many problems, nothing can truly simulate real users trying to complete real tasks.

Additionally, beta testing is the first opportunity to test software in an actual production environment versus a lab or stage setting. This ensures the software can perform under real workloads and that speed, storage, and scalability all work as expected.”

I’m also getting internet drops that I didn’t have with the previous beta version, but someone has already reported this issue. So I just have to wait for the next update or just do a downgrade to the stable version and it’s resolved. So if you can’t afford to have issues with your internet, DON’T test the betas, it’s that simple. Or wait for a beta that you see almost no issues or minor issues being reported.

If your problem hasn’t been reported, add it. But if it has been reported wait for an update or downgrade to the stable version. Moaning helps in nothing in software development. Also stop asking for releases or saying ‘but they said a week’, they have already said they’ll release it when it’s ready.

Sorry for the rant, but I work in software development so I know what’s it like for the dev and support team.

Thanks for the great work DumaOS team!!!
Message 155 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@defiled669 There will likely be an update next week.

@frontline2012 That issue has been reported so the team are looking into it and will get a fix as soon as they can.

@ivanrei Thank you for your understanding 🙂
Message 156 of 466

@frontline2012 wrote:

Duma 3.0 is nice but I have some problems. My internet is disconnected at certain times. Although the internet light on my modem is active. This problem started with this update. I use pppoe as internet service.what could cause the problem?

Router;XR500

when i first tried this beta version i had the same issue, only a reboot of xr500 would get me back online, after a few days went back to 2.0. then i retried beta again but this time i did a hard reset of the router and since doing that i haven't had any issues, plus im only using ipv4 not ipv6 as people said they had issues with using this., try factory resetting it by holding down reset buttom on the back of xr500 for about 30 seconds till the lights turn off. 

Message 157 of 466
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

Just an update. Just besides the stuff already mentioned @Netduma-Fraser, I haven't seen any other issues with version 104. 

Message 158 of 466
Guitarslynger79
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser
I did try that, but to no avail. It may be an isolated thing, so I'll try doing the hard factory reset as the OP suggested. Only did the factory reset through the gui, so there could be something that went on doing that. Other than that, I haven't seen any other problems. But then again, I haven't tested much on the gaming end yet, so I haven't been experiencing any issues that some others have. Just focusing on looking for stability issues. Gonna try a few things to see if it clears up any issues. Guys are doing great work so far!
Message 159 of 466
jayest1996
Star

Where is the link for the xr450????
Message 160 of 466
Baturi
Apprentice

i hope on the upcoming firmware update not only we are going to get more stable version but a new featutre added like Add blocker or Auto QoS for ping/bandwidth
Message 161 of 466
Raf1212
Apprentice

@Baturi I hope as well, because we are already here a bit on this beta

Message 162 of 466

Betreff: Latest firmware download

@Netduma-Fraser 

i´ve tested Valorant via Games Console Service. Yes some packets are prioritized. BUT Valorant has 128 Tick Server´s. This Means 128 packets/second Upload and Download. But after 10 Minutes of Gameplay the XR500 says that he has 720 packets prioritized 720 in Upload and 720 in Download. This is way tooo less packets. I think it´s like i said. I Think the Router/QoS is prioritizing the TCP Packets but not the important UDP packets with gameplay Data.

Like i said in the Thread https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/Traffic-Prioritization-not-working-...

It´s stays the same, only game working is Overwatch. Overwatch has 60 Tick servers or 64 Tick servers i Think. Nevlerless. after 10 minutes of Overwatch gameplay there are tens of thousands prioritized packets which the XR500 counts.

so @Bibobert look how many packets are really counting as "High Priority"

Message 163 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@jayest1996 We will provide a 450 build very soon.
@nWoMaverick Thanks for that information, I have made a ticket so we will test it.
Message 164 of 466
kxndal
Guide

New Update today?
Message 165 of 466
Retired_Member
Not applicable

where is the new update cant find it

Message 166 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There isn't a new update yet, when I say next week I don't generally mean the first day of the week as if it's not ready on Friday we won't have it ready for the Monday. We'll let people know when an update is available.
Message 167 of 466
frontline2012
Aspirant

thank you

Message 168 of 466
Bibobert
Tutor

Hello, i made a short Video of Valorant qos

You can watch it and tell me if it is working or not.
Here is the link: https://youtu.be/642TRdeFg48
Thank You

Tj
Message 169 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Bibobert yes it is prioritizing
Message 170 of 466
Brennan73
Aspirant

Good Afternoon, I have a couple quick questions.

1. I updated to this BETA version but didn't factory reset. Should I?
  2. If I should, do I update and then factory reset or factory reset and then update?
  3. If I factory reset, will I lose all of my settings? And will I need to reconnect all of my devices?

Thank you!

Message 171 of 466
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You should update first then factory reset because it will fix any problems it will have on the update there are a few problems that won’t be fixed but there are minor minor problems at least you will not get errors every time you go onto the netgear router ui
Message 172 of 466
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You will lose your passwords and everything but since your Devices no what router and passwords are connected all you have to do is just put in the same credentials and then everything will just reconnect no problem
Message 173 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Answered very well above. I would suggest doing a factory reset.
Message 174 of 466
Baturi
Apprentice

i seem to cannot eliminate frequent ping spikes no matter how low i put my sliders i still get them i also have 1000/50 fibre plan i've sort of found my balance but it doesn't help so weird my household doesn't use much bandwidth as well
Message 175 of 466
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7