× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Latest firmware download

Baturi
Apprentice

i should of posted on netduma forums but oh well and forgot to mention ping spikes are coming from ping underload via connection benchmark
Message 176 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Baturi where are you seeing this ping spikes exactly? Please keep beta issues/queries on this beta forum.
Message 177 of 466
Baturi
Apprentice

this image is one of the examples. and i heard that the spikes that i am getting are resulted if theirs a download/upload going on is that right?
Message 178 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That might be because it is at the start of the test and not necessarily indicative of a spike. Also hard to tell due to the platform it is running on, can you run it on a PC so we can get a better idea of the stability?
Message 179 of 466
Baturi
Apprentice

this was the first test with running 4 twitch backgrounds i also did a second test and that turned out to be a normal result which is weird and inconsistent
Message 180 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You don't need to saturate the network for that test, it will simulate it in the test. That's a very good ping so your QoS settings look like they're set optimally.
Message 181 of 466
Baturi
Apprentice

this test was done with QoS Off although having it on does lower it by tiny tiny % but doesn't fine tune it. also can you please elaborate on " it will simulate it in the test "
Message 182 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The test is Ping Under Load so it shows you what your ping would be when your connection is saturated. You should definitely have QoS enabled and experiment with the Congestion Control percentages to find what lowers that test as much as possible to the normal Ping Test results.
Message 183 of 466
Pull123
Apprentice

I did this and my connection is brilliant the only thing witch am worried about is that because I've got my sliders pritty low like on 15 20 my speeds are low and was wondering if this would affect the house hold connection because I have too boys who also game
Message 184 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

No it should be fine, as gaming doesn't use much bandwidth they should have enough. If it proves to be too low have it auto enable so it only applies when you're actually gaming.
Message 185 of 466
Baturi
Apprentice

i understand now thanks fraser
Message 186 of 466

Why's my ping so spiky?
Message 187 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Dumauser3348493 please see my comments above on how to reduce this.
Message 188 of 466

I've tried different combinations of congestion control. Upload ms is ridiculous.
Toronto area
Rogers internet
Cgn3acsmr modem in bridge.

Think it could be noise issues?
Message 189 of 466
Baturi
Apprentice

my UPnP are opneing these External Ports for CoD what are those ports used for?
Message 190 of 466
Gkontos10
Aspirant

@Netduma_Alex 

As owner of XR500 with current Duma OS version 2

i would like to know if its worth to give a try to Beta DumaOs V3.0 ...

there any improvments on that make it worth to try ?

or just the new interface ???

am wondering more about routers srt

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 191 of 466
Gkontos10
Aspirant

Message 192 of 466
Gkontos10
Aspirant

@Netduma_Alex 

Hello Guys

As an owner of XR500 with current DumaOS version 2

am wondering if its worth to give a try to beta version 3

is there any improvments that worth to try, instead of the new interface ???

am worried more about constant internet drop, wifi range etc

so what do you think 

worth the try ????

Message 193 of 466
TheFuzzyOne87
Apprentice

@Gkontos10 

I mean if you applied for the Beta testing that would make me assume you wanted to try the 'test' firmware?

There is mixed opinions/feedback on the latest Firmware, some people don't have any major issues others have lots of issues, in summary it's a bit of pot luck whether it will be stable or not for you.

As an example, for me I have not had 4+ days of uptime since the firmware was originally released, the GUI wouldn't load but I may have figured out what was causing the issues for me so now counting the days so fingers crossed I get past 4 days of uptime and GUI access Smiley Very Happy

There is reasons for it being a 'Beta' and judging by your comment of 'am worried more about constant internet drop, wifi range etc' I would say not to bother if you don't want to be experiencing/reporting issues etc.

Thanks,

Message 194 of 466
locosano
Star

Hi my experience with dumaos 3.0 beta on the xr500 is simply tiring internet has become very unstable the interface is very very slow, I receive loading buffers on twitch streaming site etc. (which worked very well before) connection benchmark works not the successful test once in 4 and with bad flow in short the qos as soon as I activate it gives me delays in the games ... the servers on the geofilter are badly positioned upnp has a short display problem .. . 2 and a half years since this router came out it has never managed to be stable one word disappointed by netduma and netgear it will surely be my last piece of equipment from these brands

Message 195 of 466
Xlw
Aspirant
Aspirant

怎么下载地址打不开

Message 196 of 466
Xlw
Aspirant
Aspirant

怎么下载最新版本 我打不开

Message 197 of 466
truthx7
Guide

duma 2 0 is stable and reliable.going to 3.0 will frustrate you because of so many issues within that beta.i suggest you try it out since you are intrigued as it wouldn't hurt to go back to the original os since the admin here has linked files.remember,it's a beta for a reason.
Message 198 of 466
Guitarslynger79
Apprentice

In my experience so far, I've had only minor issues here as me there with it. Haven't had complete network drops like others have had, and since the last factory reset I did, I haven't had one problem, outside of the connection benchmark test, but Netduma addressed that already. Took a few tries to get it straight, but I haven't seen anything yet since. If it wasn't stable, I would've gone back to the official. 56 firmware. I have no room for error and issues, as my kids are trying to go through virtual school
Message 199 of 466
Retired_Member
Not applicable

New Firmware Today ?
Message 200 of 466
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7