× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Betreff: Latest firmware download

Baturi
Apprentice

Re: Latest firmware download

patience is virture my friend maybe we will see an update today
Message 201 of 466
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Is it true new firmware
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 202 of 466
Raf1212
Apprentice

hard to say, was supposed to be last week, so they posted on facebook

Message 203 of 466
Phantomblu
Apprentice

Re: Ultimo download del firmware

Sorry but this is a beta the usual speeches from lasiateli forums out. Requests for new updates etc. they are childish and sorry but do nothing else. Rather if you have uploaded the beta just try to help and find bugs.

Message 204 of 466
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Ultimo download del firmware

Users should relized that beta is that, beta, there will be problems seen and found. FW is not bug free. It's part of the development process, and as beta testers, we are willing to help find bugs and bring them to light and to NG attention so they can review them and get them fixed. 

Beta tester also need to relized that being a beta tester and using beta FW, this may bring some level of instability to your home network as the FW is in development and maturing as time goes on. For users with high priority users or have high priority needs, then you should reconsider being a beta tester if your criteria can't be flexible enough to allow for some instability with in your home network. In most cases these days, everyone is working and schooling from home and thus your home network needs to be online and stable. For some users, you may have support of a 2ndary network which might allow for some side beta testing work. This can be used as well in some configurations.

Please understand that when beta testing it doesn't mean that FW updates come out the gate like water. Takes time for bugs to be found and reported and reviewed and developed and fixed. So don't expect FW upated to be handed out willynilly. There are reasons why FW gets released at different time frames. 

So test what you have. Find the bugs and bring them to NG attention. If you can't find bugs, check other places and configurations. Beta FW is not bug free. There are bugs around, you just have to find them. Try different things. 

Message 205 of 466
Dtm25
Aspirant

• Hello Fraser, I just brought my XR500 just yesterday. I placed my modem/router combo on bridge mode so everything is working like it should. The issue I'm running into is trying to upgrade to duma os 3.0. I know you said not to do it from the Pc however, I'm trying to do it from my iPad but when I go to download the firmware and update it I am prompt with "Please assign the correct file. The file format is *img" constantly. What does this mean? Is there something I'm doing wrong? 
    Spoiler

Message 206 of 466
FURRYe38
Guru

Not sure why you were told not to use a PC, it's recommended actually to use a wired PC and web browser, Edge, Firefox or Opera to load FW thru the routers web page. 

Not sure if using a pad can be used as you have to get the FW file downloaded, unpack the .zip file to reveal the actual FW that that gets used by a web browser to send it using the routers FW update web page on the router. 

Navigate to the routers web page at 192.168.1.1...

@Dtm25 wrote:
  • Hello Fraser, I just brought my XR500 just yesterday. I placed my modem/router combo on bridge mode so everything is working like it should. The issue I'm running into is trying to upgrade to duma os 3.0. I know you said not to do it from the Pc however, I'm trying to do it from my iPad but when I go to download the firmware and update it I am prompt with "Please assign the correct file. The file format is *img" constantly. What does this mean? Is there something I'm doing wrong? 
    Spoiler

Message 207 of 466
Dtm25
Aspirant

Thank you sooo much. I did what you suggested and now I was able to update it. That means so much to me! You're awesome mate! I love my XR500 so far! 🙂
Message 208 of 466
Raf1212
Apprentice

take it easy gentlemen, just ask for updates

Message 209 of 466
Baturi
Apprentice

Does bandwidth allocation work?? because before i allocated my ( web general ) application i was using 30+ MB. after seeing that i went to allocate to 10 MB for ( Web general ) and it was exceeding well over to what i set (10MB) it exceeded to 30+MB
Message 210 of 466
Glenn693
Apprentice

Is there gonna be another update this week @Fraser
Message 211 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Dumauser3348493 please post a screenshot of your benchmark results.
@Baturi external ports will not always be the same but they’re all pointed to the same internal port so that is normal.
@Gkontos10 there is no harm in trying, you can always downgrade if needed.
@locosano Downgrade to .56 if you’re not happy with the issues and wait for the next version.
@Xlw 您必须解压缩文件。 然后将.img文件上传到“设置”中的路由器界面。
@Baturi with share excess enabled more bandwidth can be used if other devices aren’t using their allocations.
@Glenn693 it is looking like next week at this stage as there was a persistent bug that was found and finally fixed.
Message 212 of 466
Guitarslynger79
Apprentice

Any word on if the ad blocker might be worked into the beta ahead of official release, or if that may be an Rapp store add on? Just curious on that, because that's one I've been most hyped about
Message 213 of 466
defiled669
Apprentice

ok when is the next update featuring bug fixes to 104 coming

Message 214 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Guitarslynger79 I think it will be a Rapp store add on after official release.

@defiled669 probably looking at the end of next week for that.
Message 215 of 466
Guitarslynger79
Apprentice

Good deal!
Message 216 of 466
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Netduma_Alex when is the new beta coming out

Message 217 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

probably looking at the end of next week for that.
Message 218 of 466
Baturi
Apprentice

Oh netduma i hope y'all add in Auto QoS Feature very soon but i'm assuming that will come along within final build of 3.0 XR500
Message 219 of 466
Knightkast
Star

Hey Fraser,

Will this next build be more stable? I had to revert back to the v2.3.2.32. I was always dropping connection WiFi and lan connections would always drop every time a DCHP lease would renew.

Thanks.
Message 220 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes our aim is to make it more stable with every update.
Message 221 of 466
jayest1996
Star

Where is the XR450 update 🤔
Message 222 of 466
Xlw
Aspirant
Aspirant

我无法下载3.0固件能发一个到我邮箱吗