× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Latest firmware download

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Betreff: Latest firmware download

Probably next week as it is a holiday for Netgear dev team.
Message 226 of 466
Xlw
Aspirant
Aspirant

你这个是xr450固件 我的是xr500也能使用吗

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 227 of 466
zmon
Guide

Is anybody else having on and off issues with the 5ghz band on the XR500? I'm not using smart connect, and have the 2.4 and 5ghz bands named differently. Sometimes I'll be able to connect to the 5ghz band, and sometimes it gives me the "Unable to connect" message. Contemplating doing a factory reset with 3.0, but would like some thoughts first.

Message 228 of 466
ZeroNero
Aspirant

I have the same wireless setup as you and i've been getting the same issues of random devices not being able to connect via wired or wireless.  It's beyond frustrating when a router of this caliber can't seem to provide the basic function of it's existence which is to simply connect your devices to your ISP.  I have noticed when a device tries to connect to the wifi i get this error in my monitor log.  [dumaos] error parsing line in arp table [mac address of device] . if you look in your logs you are probably seeing the same thing.  a number of people have posted this same message in their logs too on this thread.  

Message 229 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Xlw 否,您将需要使用以下文件: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l51bhv5pidt2xfl/XR500-V2.3.2.104-DumaOS3.0-Beta.zip?dl=0

@zmon @ZeroNero use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel for 5GHz and change to that. Keep in mind also that 5GHz has more difficulty penetrating walls than 2.4GHz does so the further you are from the router the weaker the signal will get.
Message 230 of 466
Xlw
Aspirant
Aspirant

我点击链接还是无法连接下载 不能发固件包吗

Message 231 of 466
zmon
Guide

Fraser,

I should note that I'm usually next to the router when it says this. My router's logs are full of error parsing line in ARP table if that matters at all. May go forward with the factory reset with a fresh install of 3.0.

Message 232 of 466
ZeroNero
Aspirant

I'm usually really close to my router too and it has happened on both 2.4 and 5ghz and on wired devices randomly but i will check congestion with a wifi analyzer just in case but I don't think that's it.  Also, i have done a fresh reset on the latest .56 firmware and multiple times since testing out duma 3.0 beta but still the issue persists.  I may drop back down to .32.  I think this was more stable when i tried it before.

Message 233 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Xlw 访问链接时会发生什么?

@zmon @ZeroNero do either of you have IPv6 enabled?
Message 234 of 466
ZeroNero
Aspirant

Initially mine was disabled but i read on this thread or another (can't remember at this point) that enabling it might help my issue and it did work to get one device connected to wifi (my cell phone) but then my amazon cloud cam went offline so I disabled it again.  One thing i did do that seemed to help at first was go to device manager and remove all devices that were offline and reboot the router.  Most of my devices came back up and are still up but then last night my nvidia shield had issues connecting to 5ghz again.  had to fire up my verizon mifi just to watch the vp debate 😞

Message 235 of 466
zmon
Guide

IPv6 is enabled.

Message 236 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@ZeroNero could you try making a guest WiFi network and see if devices can sustain a connection?

@zmon Disable IPv6 and see if that resolves it please.
Message 237 of 466
bryer84
Apprentice

That's a shame that it's been pushed back another week, these QoS/IPv6/5ghz WiFi bugs are almost rendering the router useless at the moment.

Why do you need Netgear to release it? It's a public BETA, so surely you guys can push it out without them.

Message 238 of 466
TheFuzzyOne87
Apprentice

NetDuma provide the code for the parts they own to Netgear (all the cool bits) and then Netgear compile/incorporate it into the image.

Netgear are the producer of the hardware (XR500) so it is down to them to provide the images etc and make sure drivers etc are correct for the hardware.

NetDuma just provide software ontop of Netgears hardware esentially on the XR series routers.
Message 239 of 466
bryer84
Apprentice

Yep fully get that. 

Firmware isn't the issue.

Issues are with the RAPP's that are provided by Netduma, so surely they can use the existing firmware with updated DumaOS beta files, thus really needing Netgear to compile a new firmware with their bits so to speak.

Just seems like a backwards way of doing things in this day and age.

Message 240 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As above, we can't build a full XR firmware on our own - probably due to IP etc.
Message 241 of 466
bryer84
Apprentice

Shame it wasn't done at the design stage to have the OS and firmware seperately so that you could update the OS at your own pace and then work with Netgear when they wanted to do a firmware upgrade to make sure it didn't break anything. 

Message 242 of 466
TheFuzzyOne87
Apprentice

Most other features that will come from the Rapp store will be easy to update/fix if issues are seen as they are just addons/pluggins for features. NetDuma shouldn’t need to rely on Netgear to update their firmware/image for those ones.

It will depend if any of the existing features we see/test now will be an Rapp after the Beta or stay how it is currently (I assume the later).

I think the current features rely on the features of the router OS itself rather than being addons which could explain why they are embedded into the firmware/image rather than just addons/Rapps.
Message 243 of 466
Jayappa
Tutor

Is there a dumaos 3.0 beta for the xr700?

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 244 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As Fuzzy mentioned, we will be able to update Rapps individually in the future. I think the plan right now is to get 3.0 on all the routers, get that pretty stable and then maybe start with individual Rapp updates.

@Jayappa not yet, NG devs are on a holiday at the moment but once they're back they will build a version, go through preliminary testing and I think it will be out.
Message 245 of 466
S1nnerReborn
Guide

Hi, 

How would i go about reverting to the version prior to the 3.0 update? Ever since I updated my router has been disconnecting internet and I have to unplug multpile times a day. I appreciate nay help.

Message 246 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

This is the pre beta version, you downgrade the same way you upgrade. Would suggest doing a factory reset on the beta first if you haven't done one. https://kb.netgear.com/000061157/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-56

Message 247 of 466
S1nnerReborn
Guide

Thank you very much. I haven't done a factory reset on the 3.0 so ill do that first. I'll update to how it goes! Thanks again!

Message 248 of 466
Zenstrukt
Aspirant

I've noticed only two annoyances so far with version 2.3.2.104.

1. WAN connection suddenly drops, but ultimately requires a reboot.
  2. Voice over WiFi (mobile calls made via the iPhone when connected to WiFi), will suddenly cut out.

Other than that, it has been more stable than previous interations.

Message 249 of 466
ASBgaming
Aspirant

hello 

I woulds like to download the beta 3.0 is it available at the moment. if yes were can i download it pleas . asb gaming thanks

Message 250 of 466
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7