× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Latest firmware download

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Within a week or so I believe but I'm asking the team for an update on that at the moment.
Message 276 of 466
bryer84
Apprentice

Kind of getting a little bit long winded now with regards to getting bugs fixed. No wonder the release cycle on security updates with Netgear are so slow.

About time someone told them to pull their finger out as one of the biggest features of the DumaOS is currently broken!

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 277 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What is the biggest feature that is broken for you?
Message 278 of 466
Pull123
Apprentice

The only problem am having at the moment witch is an on going problem before all the updates is upnp dont work when using pppoe with an openreach modem
Message 279 of 466
bryer84
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser QoS doesn't work at all with the setup I have. We've been over it a few times. IPv6 won't work with QoS enabled at all now in the v3.0, and QoS won't work when left to it's own devices!

Message 280 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Understood, thanks for the reminder, that will be fixed for the next firmware. If the NG devs weren't on that holiday update likely would have come sooner, won't be long now.
Message 281 of 466

@Netduma-Fraser

Since i have also the problem that QOS don´t work and that since a long time!  Isn´t a problem from DumaOS 3.0 beta. 

QOS ... DumaOS is about QOS and the most IMPORTANT feature for your Software/routers is QOS. 

What a Shame that the Main Feature isn´t working.... Ok in Overwatch it is working, but in no other game I tested it works.

@bryer84 can u test your QOS and High Priority with these games in this Thread ? : https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/Traffic-Prioritization-not-working-...

I Think High Priority works for the most TCP Acknowledge packets which the games sends. But the Only game really working is Overwatch with more than 60 High Priorioty Up/Down Packets every second. All other games i Tested are way way WAY to less High Priority packets.

Can u test it and Post the results in this thread mentioned above ?

Message 282 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you put the correct ports in that are required it should work for anything, if not make sure IPv6 is disabled and it will work.
Message 283 of 466
vunr3alv
Guide

The beta firmware has been quite good for me apart from the router will drop all connections roughly 36 hours from the last time it dropped, everything else seemed to work excellent with my virgin 500mb coming through the hub 3 in modem mode but a so say the guarantee that all connections will drop means Ive had to go back to the last stable official release.

Router full reset and setup fresh but without fail it will drop all connections every 36 hours of uptime and then requires me to reboot to get them back, the log is full of ARP errors constantly but like I say everything else seemed to be fine.

I think it's a real shame that the updates can't happen faster otherwise you guys are going to be lucky to have an official stable release until 2021!
Message 284 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I have Virgin as well and I'd recommend putting the XR in the DMZ instead as Vhub modem mode can be a little flaky in my experience.
Message 285 of 466
vunr3alv
Guide

Okay mate thanks for the advice do you think it would be worth me going for the DMZ method and trying the beta firmware see if it's more stable? For me especially on call or duty on my Xbox the beta firmware is a better experience all round but having the connections just completely drop off is a nightmare especially on a very connected household with Google's everywhere and multiple mobile phones using the internet in getting too many complaints form the wife!

Just on what you're saying, I instantly put the virgin hub 3 in modem mode and connected the xr500 which then judged my connection at 556mb download and 36mb upload no issues, what do you do with setting the xr500 up via the hub 3 not in modem mode?

Thanks again for you're time.
Message 286 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I think it is worth a try, perhaps at the weekend when people won't mind as much you tinkering with the connection. I have the exact same speeds as you and I put the XR500 WAN IP found on the System Information page into the DMZ of the Virgin hub, that allows me to get an Open NAT on games etc.
Message 287 of 466
vunr3alv
Guide

Okay thank you again I do appreciate you replying at these hours.

Will give it a shot and see how it goes because for sure my call of duty games have way better hit detection and we have much better WiFi video calling with the beta.
Message 288 of 466
vunr3alv
Guide

One more thing Fraser if you can, I have configured the xr500 via the hub 3 DMZ, am I right in thinking the xr500 is still the device handling DHCP? Or do I need to disable DHCP within the hub 3?
Message 289 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The VHub uses DHCP to assign the XR an IP which is fine, you can leave that enabled. Also if you need to connect a device to the hub for whatever reason it will save you a headache. The XR DHCP then assigns IPs to the devices connected to it.
Message 290 of 466
vunr3alv
Guide

Thanks for that.

I have noticed I'm getting s double nat from my Xbox with this config, everything has been rebooted and the IP of the xr500 is in the dmz on the hub 3, any suggestions?
Message 291 of 466
defiled669
Apprentice

hey try taking device out of high prioritization and qos will work

Message 292 of 466
defiled669
Apprentice

im still having problems with auto config speed not giving me my full download speed it has gotten better but its still way off, i have fiber gig up and down, seems the router only wants to allow 1200 mbps passthrough all together.. upload seems to be unstable on benchmark test but dsl reports the download is unstable. also hit detection is horrible in cod modern warfare on xbox and it was crisp 3 shot with any gun now just a mere 8 to 10 in small mode ground war an impressive 15 to 30 shot kill. please optimize xbox for this router seeing the are clearly going to kill it on the new console, would be nice to trust netgear to be my router of choice, but my asus rog rapture is holding up nicely, but i have high hopes for the xr series and hope they can figure this out

Message 293 of 466
vunr3alv
Guide

Just a quick update, I solved the double nat issue.

Incase anyone else runs into this with the virgin media hub 3, it turns out you need to have the vmhub firewall enabled for the DMZ to work you don't need all the features enabled just the basic setting of the firewall.
Message 294 of 466
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

I've been trying to test the hybrid VPN on the router and ran into some issues. I encountered that when pressing vpn setup there is an error stating "The Quick Setup configuration server is down. Please try again later or alternatively you can use the advanced tab to connect via your own config file." and when manually setting it up in advanced in just gets stuck in a loop of connecting to vpn server. 

Message 295 of 466
defiled669
Apprentice

look geo filter does not want to find a match in call of duty. i have the whole east coast set in circle but, its always trying to connect me to west5 coast servers. the data seems to get laggy when running filtered and if you have filtered off it tries to connect you anywhere i mean anywhere. this was the point of the router if thats not fixed soon im going to have to find a new router 

Message 296 of 466
Anton774
Apprentice

I am having a issue with the Geo Filter and chat service on Playstation. I keep adding my friends and dedicated servers to chat over every time i Log on and It seems to be the same Califonia server and even when added to the list it takes about 5 min before any chat audio will go thought and start working. The Geo filter is blocking the chat and i dont understand why it keeps making me add a new ( same califonia server) every time i log on. I have a list about 14 servers all the same and still makes me add new one every time i log on @Netduma_Alex @Netduma-Fraser 

Message 297 of 466
Knightkast
Star

Any news on the next release of software?
Message 298 of 466
Knightkast
Star

Firmware* lol
Message 299 of 466
mathmath51
Apprentice

@Anton774 wrote:

I am having a issue with the Geo Filter and chat service on Playstation. I keep adding my friends and dedicated servers to chat over every time i Log on and It seems to be the same Califonia server and even when added to the list it takes about 5 min before any chat audio will go thought and start working. The Geo filter is blocking the chat and i dont understand why it keeps making me add a new ( same califonia server) every time i log on. I have a list about 14 servers all the same and still makes me add new one every time i log on @Netduma_Alex @Netduma-Fraser 

I have the exact same issue.

But I also think that when using the polygon mode the ping assist feature is ignored and whitelisted server (like the one for Destiny that is near the border of Oklahoma) are getting disconnected event if they are displayed with a white circle around them.

Message 300 of 466
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7