× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Latest firmware download

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@defiled669 The router supports gig speeds, it won’t get any higher, it is hardware limited. Use CC to bring the ping values down as much as possible. TP can affect DSLReports which is why we suggest not to use it. We can’t diagnose based on how many bullets it takes to kill, what is your average ping shown by the Geo-Filter, does it spike? What is the ping shown in game? With the Geo-Filter not in Filtering Mode it won’t filter and the game will pick where you play, that is normal and why Filtering mode exists. Please provide a screenshot of what you’re seeing on the map when this happens.
@iielmesswavy what VPN provider were you using?
@Anton774 does server that you’re adding have the exact same ID everytime or a different ID?
@Knightkast no news but it won’t be too long.
Message 301 of 466
Anton774
Apprentice

diffrent ID all 14 of them so far but same location. @Netduma-Fraser 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 302 of 466
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser i am using ExpressVPN. 

Message 303 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Anton774 there are usually lots of servers clustered in the same location so that is normal, that is why we need to whitelist it. Could you post the IDs in this form here please so we can do that? https://forum.netduma.com/topic/29742-found-mislocated-servers-let-us-know-here/

@iielmesswavy could you provide the config file you're using please?
Message 304 of 466
Julian75th
Aspirant

When will this be available to the XR450?
Message 305 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Message 306 of 466
defiled669
Apprentice

fraser i am surely not try to argue with anyone im saying geo filter used to be releventyou actually could block servers by being in strict mode and leaving filter off. and it would give you a server in circle but players outside the circle could still join. not with filter off it cuts off strict mode also. meaning it connects you to any server. and now the geo filter is hard pressed to find servers in my area hell even on my coast.and i know where the servers are at and it does not want to connect to any of the close servers it wants to put me in servers where the ping is 50 plus. and fraser the router will test 900 plus up and down when i reformat the router and it connects to internet but if irun auto config it  only wants to give me  500 or lower on download speed and 700 or lower on upload speed. and then the benchmak test does not take into fact for the cc and upload speed is just uncontrolable. no mater where i put the sliders. i have to go and set bandwith and use it as a slider. and even then the out come is still sketchy on upload speed, and when i try to play agame its the absolute worst hit detection and i get frame killed. its like im using whole clips to kill one person and they just turn around and look at me and i fall over dead, but kill cam shows they hitting me with half a clip. now are you saying not to use dsl reports or not to use tp

Message 307 of 466
defiled669
Apprentice

and yeah the router supports gig speed but it seems to try to divide the bandwidth to have a gig up and down instaed of gig up gig down, if the download speed is at 400 it only goes up to 700 on upload if upload is at 80-0 the downlo9ad only wants to go to 250. its never 900 to 900. its always divided to get around 1200mbs combined.and heres what happens. it gives me the 800 plus upload but only 250 t0 450 download and at the same time it makes upload speed sparatic meaning its got the speed but it has serious buffer issues

Message 308 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If that happened then it was coincidence, if the Filter is off then none of the Filtering settings apply and you can connect to any host anywhere. QoS won't affect the speeds shown on Benchmark but it will affect the Ping Under Load test. We're still making improvements to the speeds that are shown/detected so that will be a bit off at the moment. Yes I wouldn't recommend using DSLReports.
Message 309 of 466
Scrubosaurus
Guide

helo guys

sry, whats the latest beta firmware to xr500?

Message 310 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The one at the start of this topic.
Message 311 of 466
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

When is a new beta coming out?

Message 312 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Don't have a specific date, basically when it is ready we'll make it available.
Message 313 of 466
Anton774
Apprentice

???

Will the firmware update become available this week @Netduma-Fraser ?

Message 314 of 466
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser 

Okay, I noticed another issue.

I have bought another router (Netgear ax12 wifi 6) still using modem cm1100. 

I have connected my Xr500 and disable DHCP Server and use one of LAN Ports to connect between the two routers. The reason I wanted to this is 1. Upgrading to the new generation of WiFi 2. Dedicating the xr500 strictly towards gaming. But I notice that it took a lot of the features away and don't know if this is the reason why its affecting the the vpn. Please advised if i did wrong or better way to set this up. 

Message 315 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you assigning the IPs manually or is the AX doing this now? It is certainly possible if it is the latter controlling the IPs. You don't need to disable DHCP to do this at all, just put the XR in the DMZ of the AX to avoid double NAT.
Message 316 of 466
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

Okay, So would I keep the connect between two router on LAN and just add DMZ. Furthermore, Changing the third value of the IP address manually in xr500. If not please tell the specific instructions on what I need to do. 

Message 317 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Just do this:
Modem > AX (DHCP enabled) > XR (DHCP enabled)
Take the WAN IP from the XR System Information page and put that in the DMZ on the AX and everything will work correctly.
Message 318 of 466
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

Ax12>xr1500 

will the internet from lan ax12 be connected to xr500 lan or wan?

Message 319 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Connect the XR WAN port to AX LAN port
Message 320 of 466
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

okay, done that and setup dmz server on the ax router like you stated. Now, I run into the issue where I can't see my local media server but the features are back on the xr500. Furthermore, it seems that my xbox NAT is showing strict because of double NAT.

Message 321 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you've put in the correct IP from the DMZ then that will eliminate double NAT, switch NAT to Open in XR WAN Settings though and see if that helps. The media server, can you provide more details?
Message 322 of 466
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

For the media server- I have a 4tb connected to the ax 12 sharing storage to any device. I'm using Readyshare. When xr500 is connect via lan instead of wan the storage shows on Xbox. Also, I'm opening NAT on xr500 to see if it works.

Message 323 of 466
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

I have now opened nat on xr500 but its still showing as stricted with double nat. 

Message 324 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Assuming you entered the WAN IP into the DMZ correctly then there is something else on the AX interfering with ports - disable UPnP if it is enabled and remove any port forwarding rules. Doing this with the DMZ though has likely caused the issue with the server. I imagine when UPnP is disabled you will get an open NAT, you can then try port forwarding only the rules needed for the server.
Message 325 of 466
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7