× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Latest firmware download duma os beta 3.0

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Latest firmware download

No news, will release it when we are able to.
Message 351 of 466
mathmath51
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
No news, will release it when we are able to.

Do you have a tentative list of fixes and new features that could be included in the next version even if it's susceptible to change please?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 352 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I do not no, they will post a change log once they've released an update.
Message 353 of 466
SmoothOne
Aspirant

IS there a XR700 Beta?

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 354 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Not yet but we're working on it right now.
Message 355 of 466
kxndal
Guide

Betreff: Latest firmware download

I get the error again with QOS: RPC error 'ERROR_NOENT': Rule not found in chain. I don't want to annoy you though..When will we finally get a new update? It's long overdue.

Message 356 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That issue is fixed for the next version, I don't think it will be too long now.
Message 357 of 466
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Seriously? Looking at this url from China to supposedly update my router, from something not even from netgear... who would take the chance? Not me.

Message 358 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Retired_Member what are you referring to exactly?
Message 359 of 466
lotustechie
Guide

Sounds familiar...

Message 360 of 466
minino
Apprentice

will the update come out this week? 104 goes very bad, also for apex legends the hit detection is very bad unplayable at least from Spain, I do not know if it will be the servers or that the router does not improve the hit detection, I have already modified qos in all the values and nothing, geofilter off since for this game it does not work.
Message 361 of 466
n3xt3l
Tutor

XR500 nighthawk pro gaming: XR500 V2.3.2.104-DumaOS3.0-Beta

hello I allow myself to post this message on the forum, for me the duma os 3.0 is not stable in beta version it is still in ALPHA version I think because too much problem of instability we do not even know if the dev is working on the problems that the community encounters

first: the fact that we always have to restart the router because it crashes.

secondly: the QOS does not work at all, the bandwidth allocation does not privilege my xbox consoles, and PS4 (it marks me Device not found.) therefore impossible to allocate the bandwidth to the consoles.)

thirdly: impossible to add my consoles in the geofilter (Uncaught Unmatched device) or my 2 consoles are connected

Here are for my part the problems encountered I hope that the dev will work on the problems encountered by the community and it would be good if we are informed by the dev that a new update is available with the date and time at which this said version is available

@Netduma_Alex

Message 362 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@minino I don't have a specific date for an update. Are you selecting the closest server on the game itself?

@n3xt3l We are working on the issues of course. What do you mean by it crashes? I'm not understanding the issue with Bandwidth Allocation, where does it say device not found for PS4? You need to rename the consoles to what they were named before or do a factory reset, the latter would be better to fix that issue, also sounds like you may not have done that after upgrading which is recommended.
Message 363 of 466
Guitarslynger79
Apprentice

For what it's worth, I'm running the build, and have had zero problems. Prioritization works the way it should, consoles are added to the geofilter, and havent had any crashing outside of the ping heatmap occasionally, but a cache clearing in the browser rectifies that.  Best thing to do, which worked for me, is do a complete factory reset, name your network to an arbitrary SSID and run from there. as far as the consoles not being allowed into the geofilter, you have to go into the device manager and make sure the devices are set as games consoles. Only then, will the geofilter allow them to be added. Prioritization will kick in from there. Also, set your bandwidth allocation to the service instead of device, as in my experience, that seemed to work out better for me. Hope this helps you out a little.

@n3xt3l wrote:

XR500 nighthawk pro gaming: XR500 V2.3.2.104-DumaOS3.0-Beta

hello I allow myself to post this message on the forum, for me the duma os 3.0 is not stable in beta version it is still in ALPHA version I think because too much problem of instability we do not even know if the dev is working on the problems that the community encounters

first: the fact that we always have to restart the router because it crashes.

secondly: the QOS does not work at all, the bandwidth allocation does not privilege my xbox consoles, and PS4 (it marks me Device not found.) therefore impossible to allocate the bandwidth to the consoles.)

thirdly: impossible to add my consoles in the geofilter (Uncaught Unmatched device) or my 2 consoles are connected

Here are for my part the problems encountered I hope that the dev will work on the problems encountered by the community and it would be good if we are informed by the dev that a new update is available with the date and time at which this said version is available

@Netduma_Alex

Message 364 of 466
defiled669
Apprentice

alex i had to reformat my router serveral times, its either qos not working or geo filter not working unstable upload speed traffic prioitization cancelling qos auto bandwidth only wanting to give me 400 download and 600 upload. so i had to keep reformating then after i reformat i had to unplug router for 30 secs then check and see what was good and bad, aftwer about 20 plus reformats i finally got most of the apps working all but the auto speed still wants to nerf the heck out of my bandwidth. seems crazy but it is almost like winning the lotery

Message 365 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Just enter the speeds manually, we're working on improving it, it's using the same server as benchmark which is why it reports a little low at the moment.
Message 366 of 466
Tank69
Aspirant

Does this beta fix the issues of DHCP and Internet drops from WAN?
Message 367 of 466
Knightkast
Star

Probably not. I’m sure a stable release won’t be out till next year at the earliest. Your probably better off buying a router that already has a stable build with the 3.0 firmware. They don’t care about us older router guys and just push firmware out on newer routers with stable builds. Also this is a alpha not a beta see how many problems everyone is having and they just give the run of the mill answer “we’re working on it and it should be out next week and the next week after that. Buy a different product that is not Netgear that’s porting the duma firmware over cause this **bleep** don’t work. The only stable build I can run is the .20 and that means losing most of the features everyone bought this router for unless you buy a router that has the stable build on it. Rant over. You’ll get the update whenever it’s available. So everyone stop asking cause it’s always gonna be next week 😉 or working on it. Nothing against the mods but iiwii.
Message 368 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Not as far as I am aware but I'm talking to NG personally now about this at the moment to see what is happening with that.
Message 369 of 466
Fubar__
Star

Hi,

I can only tell the 'beta' is working fine for me, no problems, and good hitreg in CoD.

Much better then the previous DumaOS.

Then for the releases of updates for the beta, it can be better.

Fix one thing in a sprint and then release it for testing. It is a beta test after all.

I dont get the reason that Netgear has to aprove the next build. It is no hardware change and it only delays the software devellopment that is done by Netduma.

Message 370 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It is Netgear hardware so they decided what is released onto the platform. Also the software on the XR routers isn't all purely developed by us so they have their own QA processes etc and procedures we have to follow.
Message 371 of 466
Smewy
Aspirant

I have upgraded to DumaOS 3.0 Beta Firmware V2.4.2.104 and am running into stability issues.

I am able to sustain a stable connection from the router for 12-24 hours before I lose connection from all my devices. Only after rebooting the XR500 will the connection come back.

I have noticed that DumaOS can be extremely slow to load as well, sometimes taking over 5 minutes for dashboard to appear after login. 

CPU Usage was very unstable at first, hovering at around 90-100%. This happened immediately after upgrading to the Beta firmware. Although, after factory resetting and starting on a fresh build of the Beta, CPU usage went down drastically (at around 20-30%). Unfortunately though, the factory reset did NOT help the disconnect issues I am experiencing daily on this Beta build. No settings have been changed after factory reset, and it is still dropping connection. For reference, looking at the Network Map, I have 12 Devices on the 5ghz band, 19 Devices on 2.4ghz band, and 10 on Lan. Router will disconnect randomly within a 24 hour window, sometimes under minor load, other times it will disconnect without any network load at all. 

I have uploaded a log file screenshot if that helps too. 

I am excited for the future of DumaOS 3.0, and I understand this is a beta. I would be happy to help make this more stable by providing additional feedback if needed. Thanks

Message 372 of 466
bryer84
Apprentice

This experience is kind of putting me off though to be fair, I won't be buying another Netgear router with Duma OS on it.

While I fully respect that Netgear need to QA an update, it's a "BETA" build, and the fact that Netduma are the ones being made to look bad as you provide the routers OS, you're copping the flack for their heel dragging, which I called out their Nighthawk Gaming twitter account and they quickly went silent.

I'd personally get your CEO to start threatening legal action or withdrawal of the agreement to provide Duma OS to Netgear, and get them to speed their process up as it's been far too long getting these crucial fixes out for testing by the people who actually bought the router for the promised features, which worked for one build and then promptly broke.

Keep chipping away at them and get them to spilt the OS and drivers so that you can speedily push updates out.
Message 373 of 466
gdwwdg
Guide

3.0 works on xr1000 and i bet even better on the xr700 probablly better than xr1000  and they cant get it to work on others such a joke and a waste of money,this whole process was backwards should of came out on xr700.  now prob never for xr700 that i paid over $499 for 

Message 374 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Smewy we're looking into that disconnection issue with NG currently. Regarding slow loading, clear the browser cache/cookies then try to load each page once and should be faster after that.

@gdwwdg It will be coming to the XR700 I assure you.
Message 375 of 466
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7