× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Latest firmware download duma os beta 3.0

D-mny93
Star

Re: Latest firmware download duma os beta 3.0

It looks great in the box!! I’ve been done waiting asus ROG here we come
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 376 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Latest firmware download

Download the file from the first page, extract the .img from the zip. Access the router interface, go to Settings > Administration > Firmware Update and upload the file there.
Message 377 of 466
D-mny93
Star

Sorry I can’t help with that, I didn’t even bother doing it. it’s a $200 dust collecter
Message 378 of 466
Raf1212
Apprentice

I have been on software 66 for a long time,alfa 104 is not good for anything

Message 379 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the helpful feedback.
Message 380 of 466
Guitarslynger79
Apprentice

Forgive me on putting this in this thread, but I didn't see another active thread for it. Did notice some discrepancies in the Duma app in the geofilter section. It won't allow the toggling between filtering and non filtering since the update to the app. Wasn't sure if it was a cloud issue or an app issue, or a combination of both.
Message 381 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We are aware of the app issue and we're working on it, thanks for letting us know.
Message 382 of 466
ruchster
Aspirant

Which file?shows 2 files in dropbox
Message 383 of 466
jayest1996
Star

May i have the latest file for the xr450 firmware I currently can't find it on my laptop and I was having a lot of fun testing it it would be greatly appreciated
Message 384 of 466
minino
Apprentice

hello, when the new update with auto qos will come out, please we have been waiting a long time for dumaos 3 in xr500, the ping in apex legends and hit detection is horrible with the stable version .66 and beta 104. I hope everything is solved for this game.

Message 385 of 466
bryer84
Apprentice

Hey @Netduma-Fraser / @Netduma_Alex 

We've had no updates from yourselves or Netgear on when they are going to be releasing a new build for testing we are now in November.

While I appreciate that this is a BETA test, we've had nothing for nearly 6 weeks from Netgear, which is unacceptable for a BETA test and they are leaving us with a lot of bugged devices. 

This is not acceptable. 

Message 386 of 466
Raf1212
Apprentice

you're right, but as soon as you write something you will be hated by netdum fans, 3,2,1 .....

Message 387 of 466
bryer84
Apprentice

I'm not taking aim at the Netduma guys

It's Netgear where the problem lies.

Message 388 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Stephen1972 What web browser are you using to do the test on? Does it finish if you use another browser?
@ruchster use the one ending .img
@jayest1996 you can find it here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/XR450-DumaOS-3-0-Firmware/td-p/1987...
@minino That is up to Netgear if they want it to be included in the firmware. If you select the server in game and use QoS then it shouldn’t be too bad, are you getting put on servers that aren’t what you select in game?
@bryer84 totally understand, I don’t have any news at the moment but I know that we’re working on a new build so it shouldn’t be too long.
Message 389 of 466
Newfiedrool
Virtuoso

I'm not taking aim at the Netduma guys

It's Netgear where the problem lies.

To be fair Netgear don't make DumaOS. Netduma does so any updates need to come from Netduma. 
I would say they are very busy and you just have to wait. 

Message 390 of 466
Raf1212
Apprentice

@Newfiedrool and I think the fault is on both sides, why release additional R2 and XR1000 routers, since 3.0 does not work, and on xr500 it is already some kind of massack, and the new software 66 has broken ping assist, it just does not work

Message 391 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Stephen1972 can you try Google Chrome please and see if it completes?

@Raf1212 3.0 was made on the R2, therefore it is optimized for it. Netgear are always going to bring out new products, you have to innovate, you can't just focus on existing products. It is significant work making it work for other router architectures but it will be done.
Message 392 of 466
bryer84
Apprentice

Netduma cannot update and release without Netgear building the firmware. The slow release is down to Netgear!

Message 393 of 466

@Netduma-Fraser @Netduma_Alex any news related next Bios for XR500 ? will it be this Month ? .... can u talk to @netgear and whoop their flicky fingers, so that we can have an estimate date of new beta or grand Update?

Message 394 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I've been told that there should be a new update within the next few weeks but don't hold me to that.
Message 395 of 466
Anton774
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser  heard that before, lol

Message 396 of 466
Raf1212
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
I've been told that there should be a new update within the next few weeks but don't hold me to that.

after what you wrote, I find that the software has a hole like Swiss cheese, a few weeks you probably got it wrong, because it's unimaginable what is happening here 5 months beta testing, a joke

Message 397 of 466
defiled669
Apprentice

hey any news on the 3.0 beta firmware update or we still on 104

Message 398 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Please see my comment above. Yes still on .104 at the moment.
Message 399 of 466
bryer84
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:

That is an absolute joke!

If Netgear think that is an acceptable time scale for a beta test, I think it's time re-evaluate two things.

1.) What is your brand image is starting to look like to XR500 customers?

2.) Do you want to get labelled as incompetent when Netgear are constantly pointing the finger at you for the delays?

This partnership isn't good for either the consumer or Netduma. 

Message 400 of 466
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7