× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Latest firmware download

At this rate, netgear is gonna be back on holiday for thanksgiving before we get a new duma 3.0 beta build.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 451 of 466
Retired_Member
Not applicable

The XR500 was a 700$ device here when I bought it. There are plenty of routers for under $150 to be had. 

I actually regret not just getting a secondhand AC1900 to replace my old one and bang DDWRT on it again.

Could have done that for $20-50

But no, went with this thing, full of bugs and apps that just never happened.

six + months ago I report a fault, that turns out to be a known issue. Solution get into the beta firmware test. 

Come back as I'm looking for a adblocker. Still no apps. Firmware still beta and thread full of people who tried it and its broken/buggy with trouble rolling back.

WTF Netgear.

PS - Dont you dare customer blame or suggest that its unresonable to expect a product be working out of the box...or that its resonable to be expected to beta test as the goto solution at this pricepoint.

And this. Double WTF? 

People with bugs/broken stuff out of the box are supposed to be grateful?

Ok mate

So if the solution to things like this:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/XR500-has-devices-offline-that-are-not...

If that its being fixed in new firmware. Fine then fix it.

You dont get to say that and then this crap.

Netduma-Fraser  NetDuma Partner <-------------------- Wtf

‎2020-11-08 06:09 AM
@Raf1212 when you bought the XR500 3.0 was not the software that was on it, that's not what you paid for. We could have just left it at that, given some fixes here and there as they come up but no we decided that this new evolution of firmware we have been working on deserves to be shared with all our customers despite the router they are on.

Message 452 of 466
coughy2
Initiate

i have said it before and i will say it again 

STOP WITH THE FANCY APPS AND INTERFACE AND ADDING FEATURES

make the dam thing just stay on for more than a day with out power cycleing it what a joke  never never ever buying this netgear exspensive paper weight again

absolute joke has been a pill of S*** since i got it out of the box bad bad bad 

and yes i have been on to netgear tech support and there dumb as a piece of grass

have you try unpluging and repowering the unit

have you try updating the unit and so on

i explainded the routers issues in a 1000 word essay but still or must be something that you have done LOL

if i wonted this crap i would of bought  a ebay $50 cheap router

i need my internet on and stable for working not this garbage

i have to put my dino DLINK back in and WEL YOU GUESSED IT 

IT WORKS 

Message 453 of 466
Newfiedrool
Virtuoso

@alongcory wrote:

Can someone link me to the DumaOS 2 firmware? I am constantantly getting intermittient disconnects ever since I upgraded to the DumaOS 3.0 beta and I'm really fed up with it. I get roughly 3 disconnects a day and a lot of the features are not working for me.

I can link you back to this which is milestone 1.3.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/XR500.aspx

under downloads you will see .66 which is the latest official firmware for the XR500

Message 454 of 466
Xolhid
Apprentice

Yes beta releases are intended to be tested. I play many games and patches are released usually within a day or 2 for major game breaking issues. The constant disconnects for the latest beta is a breaking issue that should have been resolved in an emergency release fix. Because of this issue many people have reverted to standard release and now the beta isn't really being tested as it should be. It's been many months since the latest beta was released. Netduma has historically been really slow at releasing updates. They like to point the finger at Netgear for the lack of updates, but history shows otherwise.
DumaOS does provide new features for gamers that no other router software provides, but at the cost of snail's pace support. That is why people are so toxic about it.
Message 455 of 466
Xcel
Apprentice

Not looking for new features, just want it to work. Having to reboot 4-5 times a day is insane. They know it is broken but don't seem to think there is any urgency in patching catastrophic bugs. 

Message 456 of 466
Xcel
Apprentice

and to be clear, the same bugs that exist in all of the release versions as well. I was instructed to go to the beta to try and solve the issues but SoS.

Message 457 of 466
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

Just updating my notes.
No issues besides the ones already mention. I haven’t had any lost of connection issues.
Message 458 of 466
Anton774
Apprentice

@Stephen1972are you 12 or do you just write like one ? Don't see how these messages can do any benefits if any. I do understand you are frustrated. Most of us are but be reasoable about it and fingers crossed we will get a new update to the beta very soon, if not next week.

Message 459 of 466
Anton774
Apprentice

@Stephen1972  What a stable and nice guy

Message 460 of 466
D-mny93
Star

I’m just as pissed as this guy... I spent a lot of money on something that isn’t **bleep**ing useable!
Message 461 of 466
Anton774
Apprentice

@Stephen1972what a nice vocabulary you are capable of using

Message 462 of 466
Retired_Member
Not applicable

My business relationship is with Netgear. I dont really understand why we are even talking to what is in effect their internal vendor.

A vendor that isnt exactly reprasenting either themselves or Netgear very well either.

My take away from this is not to buy again from Netgear, and to make sure Duma isnt on anything I buy either.

Ah forget it. DDWRT ahoy.

Message 463 of 466
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I think DumaOS is amazing. But its frustrating that Netgear is taking so long getting 3.0 up and running on the XR500 when it has been out on Netduma's own hardware in full form for a while now. 2 months since the last beta firmware revision is just too long.

I am considering bailing on my XR500 and getting an R2, depsite its lesser wifi capabilities.

Message 464 of 466
Newfiedrool
Virtuoso

Can we try to keep on topic please, it's not good for either Netgear and Netduma and the last thing anyone wants is to see moderation of posts or accounts lost. 

Message 465 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We definitely got off topic here, I know everyone is frustrated and we're trying to get a new build out as soon as possible. If you have any issues that haven't been reported please use the Issue reporting topic.
Message 466 of 466
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7