× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need help netduma wont open

DSandu
Aspirant

Need help netduma wont open

I don't know what I have done, but I have tried to open the netduma nat and accidentally change the proxy .... just a figure and it no longer opens the netduma. I have tried to set it to 0 as factory and it still doesn't want to connect

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 18
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: Need help netduma wont open

Where did you change these settings, on your ISP modem or on your network settings in DumaOS?

What are you now seeing when you try to access the interface either via 192.168.1.1 or routerlogin.net?

Message 2 of 18
DSandu
Aspirant

Hi Liam,

Thanks for your replay.

http://192.168.1.1/ is not working. Look the screenshot.

Message 3 of 18
DSandu
Aspirant

Message 4 of 18
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Is this any different if you go to routerlogin.net? Have you tried and incognito window?

If you go to your command prompt and enter the command ipconfig, what IP address are you getting from the XR? This will be listed under 'IPv4 address'. Is it in the 192.168.1.x format?

Message 5 of 18
DSandu
Aspirant

Are you able to do this using Teamview?

Message 6 of 18
DSandu
Aspirant

Replay to you:

1. Is this any different if you go to routerlogin.net? Have you tried and incognito window?

Regarding on routerlogin.net I came into https://www.netgear.com/home/services/routerlogincom/ 

2. If you go to your command prompt and enter the command ipconfig, what IP address are you getting from the XR?

This will be listed under 'IPv4 address'. Is it in the 192.168.1.x format?

IPv4-Adresse 192.168.178.45

Message 7 of 18
DSandu
Aspirant

Can you help me using Teamview please? I don't know what to do!

Message 8 of 18
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

I'm afraid we're currently unable to provide support via remote access or over the telephone as we're only a small team!

What do you get in your browser if you go to 192.168.178.1?

Where did you change these settings, on your ISP modem or on your network settings in DumaOS?

How are you connected to your XR700, via wired or wireless?

Message 9 of 18
DSandu
Aspirant

1. What do you get in your browser if you go to 192.168.178.1?

I have my original Router FritzBox 6490, and I can easily login-in without problems.

2. Where did you change these settings, on your ISP modem or on your network settings in DumaOS?

I changed right to the end by settings section and I clicked open NAT, because I wanted to play Cold War and my NAT was moderate, and I wanted to open it, and right below of the NAT was something about proxy or something like this, I don't remember the button. Right there was 192.168.1.1 and I changed on 192.168.1.4 or something like this, I actually don't remember...sorry Liam.

3. How are you connected to your XR700, via wired or wireless?

My XR is XR1000 and not XR700 actually. I used to connect via cable at the night, but in the day I use wireless, because the cable I used for another PC in the house.

Message 10 of 18
DSandu
Aspirant

I founded a picture on internet. Please check the picture and you can see where I changed all this stuff

Message 11 of 18
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

OK thanks for answering these.

The IP address you're getting would suggest that you're connected to your Fritzbox via wireless rather than the XR1000, is the XR1000 broadcasting a Wi-Fi network and are you connected to it?

Your issue would likely be resolved by factory resetting the XR1000, but I want to see if we can fix the problem without having to do this.

Message 12 of 18
DSandu
Aspirant

1. The IP address you're getting would suggest that you're connected to your Fritzbox via wireless rather than the XR1000, is the XR1000 broadcasting a Wi-Fi network and are you connected to it?

Actually I have tried both modes via cable and via wifi, and it does not want to connect either to dumaOS dashboard.

Until I made these incorrect adjustments about 2 hours ago, both ways have worked perfectly before changes, both via cable and via Wi-Fi.

2. Your issue would likely be resolved by factory resetting the XR1000, but I want to see if we can fix the problem without having to do this.

I've never made more adjustments to dumaOS, so I wouldn't mind restocking it from the factory. Just tell me how to do it.

Message 13 of 18
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

OK, thanks for your understanding.

Could you please hold the reset pin on the back of the XR1000 for thirty seconds, you may need a paperclip to do this.

Then allow it a few minutes to reset itself. I'd suggest connecting to it via wired and go to 192.168.1.1 in your browser to go through initial setup again.

Message 14 of 18
DSandu
Aspirant

It worked! Thanks. Now everything goes as before. The only thing I wanted is to open the NAT. How do I do it?

Message 15 of 18
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Great! Thanks for confirming.

Could you switch NAT to Open in the Settings without entering anything into the DMZ and see if this changes matters? You'll need to make sure you fully reboot the game after changing these settings if you've already got it open.

Let me know!

Message 16 of 18
DSandu
Aspirant

1. I have opened the NAT, by simply pressing the ''open'' and then I opened the game, but unfortunately in Cold War it is still in '' NAT Moderate '' mode. I think must have to adjust something else ...

2. Tell me something please: Before buying the XR1000, I have heard that we can choose to play on servers in other countries far from mine (Germany), but the problem is that the ping is much higher ( ex: 200 ping) and it does not connect either.
It is assumed that this device should have the VPN running so that they do not detect my location, and be able to play as if it were from that area ... such as "Singapore" (is an example) or India ... What can you tell me about this?

Regards

Message 17 of 18
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

OK, sure, what's the exact make and model of your modem? It may be that we need to put the XR1000 in the DMZ to ensure nothing for CoD and other devices/applications is getting dropped.

It may be that you're able to force very distant servers with Geo-filter, but it's not really how it's intended to be used and not really something we've tested. Playing on high ping servers will ruin your in-game experience so it's not the most desirable way to matchmake. Similary, CoD servers will probably see how high your ping is and won't put you on that server so you'll likely experience really long wait times and/or won't actually get into a game at all. DumaOS doesn't have an in-built VPN that conceals your IP from game servers, this would again just increase latency. Let me know if you have any other questions on this!

Message 18 of 18
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7