× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Network monitor showing "uncategorized" traffic for everything re: v2.3.2.108 (XR500)

ep2015
Apprentice

Network monitor showing "uncategorized" traffic for everything re: v2.3.2.108 (XR500)

After several weeks of the "stable" build simply falling apart on my RX500 I decided to go with the NetDuma 3.0 beta. 

It seemed to have been running smoothly for the last several days but today all of a sudden my internet stopped working and the Network monitor showed only uploads being sent . I recall this happening a few years back and it nearly drove me to buy a different router. 

After a reboot the internet is back, but all traffic in the Network monitor are showing "uncategorized"... sigh... now what? 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Network monitor showing "uncategorized" traffic for everything re: v2.3.2.108 (XR500)

Did you do a factory reset after upgrading? If not I would highly recommend that as there could be some old low level code causing the issues.
Message 2 of 6
ep2015
Apprentice

Thank you. Yes, I did a factory reset after installing the new firmware. 

After another reboot and after waiting several minutes, some of the categories show up, but still many are "uncategorized" across mutliple devices. 

Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Not all traffic will be categorized, what traffic is being used at that time?
Message 4 of 6
ep2015
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Not all traffic will be categorized, what traffic is being used at that time?

At first, anything and everything would be "uncategorized" but after several days now it seems like more categories are being identified. Maybe it just needed some times to stabilize? 

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Potentially, I've not seen that happen though, do keep us updated on that - I know some work needs to be done in this area, I've already let the devs know.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7