× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Firmware v2.3.2.108

CoronalAurora
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
@Toadie0909Each platform running the beta or 3.0 will have its own bugs some are exclusive to the platform and some not.
@mreich1978I’ve chased so hoping by end of day.
@rbarba23do devices get an IPv6 address in Device Manager at all? Public IP is still showing IPv4?
@CoronalAuroraglad to here it is working now. Okay thanks, I’m assuming devices aren’t disconnecting or anything while this is occurring?
@Retired_Memberokay interesting, and I assume you’ve tried different cables/ports to rule those out? Okay so no IPv6 shown for devices in Device Manager and public IP still IPv4?
@Anton774that is brilliant to hear! I will request a Blu Ray option and lock again.

@Netduma-Fraser  no I don't think devices are actually disconnecting, my son is playing fortnite atm and I have seen the PC go offline/online a few times whilst he was playing in a public match.

On a positive note the geo location and QOS detection seem to be working flawlessly with the PC set to be an XBOX in Device manager, and Console in GL & QOS. That is something I've not seen for a long time and is really good if it keeps working. Its still a little annoying that you have to set the PC as a console. It would also be much better for me to be able to disable All Dumaos classified games and add the xbox with Apex and Fortnite manually, the same for PC too, so that the Congestion control only kicks in during those games. Means my limited bandwidth isn't throttled for no reason when playing single player games. But I'm happy enough with the way its working for now. 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 26 of 769
Sergio2020
Guide

Bom dia fraser, Estou com o Xr500 e aí vi que isso nunca se resolve com o dumaos 3.0, gostaria de saber se o netduma r2 ou o xr1000 funcionam muito melhor e sem problemas com o dumaos 3.0? Obrigado pelo seu empenho
Message 27 of 769
minino
Apprentice

Apex legends geofilter spectating mode and qos 62-62 always , lost packets and bad ping
Message 28 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@CoronalAurora okay that is a good sign! That is great news! The reason for that is that the DPI has to be updated a lot to keep up with any changes the games make. It's why I usually recommend making the device a console so it can just work all the time. You should be able to add them with the Games Console service and it will work.

@Sergio2020 O que nunca foi resolvido especificamente? Todas as plataformas terão bugs, é assim que o software é. O R2 é otimizado para DumaOS, portanto, é provável que seja mais estável.

@minino I get that as well without the Geo-Filter so I think that is just the game.
Message 29 of 769
bryer84
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser 

Hello,

OK so I'm seeing a fair bit of the Xbox Live traffic not being picked up and prioritised to the Series X, it's just treated as normal traffic,thus increasing pings etc, as soon as I tinker with it, and force the QoS to prioritise the device it works, but I have to do this every session and every game to get it to detect, it seems to suffer from short term memory loss.

With regards to the IPv6 DNS, it's changing the defaults in the IPv6 setup screen. I use a Draytek Vigor 130 in bridge mode to connect to the internet, so the XR500 handles everything regarding the connection settings. I've set them in the ASUS router and they're picked up and assigned and you can see that in every device connected to the changed DNS, with the XR500 each device reports my ISP standard IPv6 DNS servers, even though the assigned ones in DumaOS are Cloudflare.

With Android 10 and 11 they started the devices assigning a random MAC address to every wifi network you join, you can turn it off but it then starts to cause issues on that side, but each time the phone connects to the router, it gets assigned the same IP address, but then it appears the XR500 checks the MAC address of the device to the static assigned IP address and notices a conflict and then blocks the device, thus showing as a disconnect, device name and IP address stay the same, but it doesn't like the random MAC side of Android. Well that's the only logical explanation I can come down too with the amount of testing.

Message 30 of 769
zmon
Guide

Hmm, looks like IPv6 DNS servers aren't working properly in this build. Had no trouble getting 1.1.1.1/help to detect the Cloudflare DNS servers on 103, but now they won't at all in 108. All ipv6 tests fail as well. Did a factory reset prior to upgrading, upgraded, then did another factory reset.

Message 31 of 769
bryer84
Apprentice

@zmon 

Try to Disable QoS completely in the QoS screen and see if they start working. 

As I've said in my post above, you can't have QoS and IPv6 working together at the moment, it seems to have carried over from the previous version.

Message 32 of 769
zmon
Guide

Interesting. Was able to use QoS and ipv6 in the last beta. That's fine I guess for now, at least it's working with QoS disabled.

Message 33 of 769
CoronalAurora
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser unfortunately my router completely locked up, non responsive, pc network card said not connected, all devices unable to access internet...had to power cycle. Fortnite being played at the time, qos was on as was geo filter. Not happy, going back to .66 although I had similar issues on 56 so not hopeful.
Message 34 of 769
bryer84
Apprentice

@zmon 

In the last build IPv6 and QoS worked perfectly for about 24 hours, then they stopped and the only way I could get QoS to work was to disable IPv6, or vice versa. 

Message 35 of 769
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

is a factory reset required?

Message 36 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@bryer84 Is that with DumaOS Classified Games that it isn’t being picked up? When you tinker with it was does that mean exactly, disabling then enabling, adding a manual rule? Okay great thanks for clarifying the DNS issue. Okay thanks for that explanation, I’m not sure there is much we can do there as it will base it of MAC.
@zmon is it the same as Bryer? It applies in Settings but doesn’t actually work?
@CoronalAurora Okay sorry to hear that, we’ll see if we can reproduce that.
@iielmesswavy not required no but if you have any issues please do a factory reset to see if it solves them before reporting.
Message 37 of 769
Dsilvernail
Aspirant

Geo Filter is not working properly.

I added my computer to traffic prioritization as a games console.

I then added my computer to the geo filter. I selected Call of Duty PC I get a message that states:

"Device Added SuccessfullyTLE - Call of Duty-PC

Your device has been added with Filtering Mode disabled. You will still be able to ping and monitor servers in real-time. Filtering Mode is not currently supported for this game."

I cannot turn filtering on!

So I added my computer to Call of Duty...

Geo Filter no longer works

Message 38 of 769
zmon
Guide

@Netduma-Fraser Yes, you can apply IPv6 in settings, but it doesn't actually work. bryer84's solution of disabling QoS fixes it though oddly enough. I know he mentioned he had issues with IPv6 and QoS in build 103 after an hour, but mine stayed on and worked fine. Unfortunately, again, I had to disable QoS completely to get IPv6 to work in the 108 build.

Message 39 of 769
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

Setup 

XR500 connected to Netgear ax12 ( DMZ set up. Worked with @Netduma-Fraser on this. 

Issues - 

1. Benchmark not showing the speed as show during set up. Attachment are posted as well. 

2. In geo-filter- when adding device you have the option to do recommended or do manual. Now, when do recommend it doesn't show many games or doesn't concur with console. For example, Its an xbox and its showing me games for PC. 

3. IPV6 not working correctly, I don't know if its due my set up or if it the router. 

@Netduma-Fraser please reply as soon as you can. No rush

P.S. there are no issues with disconnectivity or anything else really. 

Message 40 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Dsilvernail Give your PC the PlayStation device type in the Device Manager and then add it to the Geo-Filter and select the manual option.
@zmon thank you very much for clarifying that, I will pass it on.
@iielmesswavy Benchmark isn’t reporting full speeds at the moment so you can ignore that. When adding to the Geo-Filter use the manual option and it will work. We’ll look at the IPv6 issues.
Message 41 of 769
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

Message 42 of 769
quadrophenic
Apprentice

After seeing some others have some success I upgraded last night. No factory reset YET. Observations so far:

1. Network speed previously set on QoS didn't carry over to the new areas where it is referenced. QoS looks fine but when opening network speeds from top bar it shows 1000mbps up and down. Despite changing this it is not reflected on the connection benchmark. No dashed line.
  2. Devices that are in included in traffic prioritisation do not respond to bandwidth limits. Not sure if this is intentional but havent seen this behaviour in previous builds. 
  3. As already mentioned device manager is still a mess in terms of online and offline devices. Showing devices that are live on the network is very helpful for network monitoring and admin. It really should not rely on them accessing the internet. I have network switches, WAP and NAS that never access the net so they are constantly offline. Every other router I have ever owned is capable of showing a list of 'connected' devices. If you think seeing devices actively connected to the internet is helpful then have 2 screens. Online devices&connected devices. Even if the 'connected devices' just runs an arping request when its open that would be better than seeing devices jumping about all the time. 
  4. Connection benchmark, not saving test results. Also already mentioned that the QoS limits are not applied during under load test resulting in poor results every time. Rapp taking too long warning occurs during the test. 

Looks like you are getting there and hopefully you are in a position to just roll out Rapp updates for fixes as opposed to waiting months for new full firmware. 

p.s. love the new device settings popup as opposed to the slide in side bar. I saw this on my mates R2 and happy to see it on XR500. Feels loads better. 

Message 43 of 769
CoronalAurora
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser  Router just locked up completely again. No games being played no QOS active as far as I am aware. 2nd time in less than 24 hours. Symptoms are that everything seems to be connected to wifi but no internet and the web interface for the xr500 was just unresponsive, pages just with spinning circle so can't even get any logs or see whats going on. Theres 5 people in the house so I do have a busy network with TV's, Sky, smart home devices and a lot of phones and tablets...39 in all about 25-30 showing online at any one time. Really fed up with this. I got cut off from an important work call this time. I am going to try .66 for a while and if it keeps happening then I can't continue with this router any longer. What's my recourse with Netgear? 

Message 44 of 769
minino
Apprentice

With the new version it is very difficult for you to log into origin.
on the other hand I wanted to ask if it is better in pc normal geofilter or put it as a console game, I currently have apex in spectating mode pc mode and traffic prioritization apex legend (nothing console game) the qos 68-45
When I start apex it always gives me lost packages, put the values ​​that I put, any solution?

Message 45 of 769
mreich1978
Apprentice

@CoronalAurora wrote:

@Netduma-Fraser  Router just locked up completely again. No games being played no QOS active as far as I am aware. 2nd time in less than 24 hours. Symptoms are that everything seems to be connected to wifi but no internet and the web interface for the xr500 was just unresponsive, pages just with spinning circle so can't even get any logs or see whats going on. Theres 5 people in the house so I do have a busy network with TV's, Sky, smart home devices and a lot of phones and tablets...39 in all about 25-30 showing online at any one time. Really fed up with this. I got cut off from an important work call this time. I am going to try .66 for a while and if it keeps happening then I can't continue with this router any longer. What's my recourse with Netgear? 

@CoronalAuroraI suggest you keep a browser tab open on routerlogin.net/debug.html. I had that same issue with the last firmware. The router will go to 100% CPU and just crash. It was happening multiple times per day for me. Sounds like they didn't fix that issue, well since there are no release notes, we don't know what they fixed.

Message 46 of 769
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

@Xavg wrote:

Ipv6 (Orange) is not working because no dns is returned by the xr500. Setting up manually and it's working. Also when the ipv6 is turned on, the block services is working only with the ipv4.

Which Block Services feature are you talking about? The one in the settings section or the one in Traffic Controller?

Message 47 of 769
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

@Killerelite06 wrote:

4.Still have devices that show offline 

Can you still access the internet on these devices that appear offline? When clicked, do they still have an IP address? Can they be deleted?

Message 48 of 769
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

@rbarba23 wrote:

Screenshot (11).png

Which IPv6 mode are you using? Auto detect?

Message 49 of 769
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

@Anton774 wrote:

2/ Ping Heatmap still does not work

What's broken in Ping Heatmap?

Message 50 of 769
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7