× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Firmware v2.3.2.108

rbarba23
Guide

I’ve tried auto detect auto configure and dhcp all have the same results turning qos off resolves the issue but I’d like my router to function with ipv6 and qos enabled
Message 51 of 769
Raf1212
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser hello yesterday I installed new software, the installation went smoothly, re-installation to the factory settings:
-upnp doesn't show anything
-qos flower doesn't save percentage, worked for the fifth time
-vpn all the time dns leaks
-I had one message all qos functions disabled, go to qos section and enable
-ipv6 prefix is still appended to devices (ipv6 disabled)
-ping hitmap shows only one server in europe cod warzone
-device manager working fine
I will check out more options by the end of the week

Message 52 of 769
Anton774
Apprentice

shows only one server in warzone in eu.

Message 53 of 769
minino
Apprentice

I definitely go back to .66, in the new beta it is just as bad, lost connection, hangs, restarts, does not load the dumaos interface many times, etc ...
Message 54 of 769
Falcon1255
Aspirant

RE:  Hybrid VPN with ExpressVPN

Error recently started popping up (Uncaught TypeError:Cannot read property 'type' of undefined) on .104  updated to .108 this morning and still occuring.Unable to load devices to vpn.

Did Factory reset and reboot also cleared all browsers

Config files are correct and Connects to ExpressVpn server without problems

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 55 of 769
Xavg
Star

@Netduma-Fraser 

@Netduma_Alex 

"@Xavg Will report the Ping Under Load issue. Block services are you referring to the feature in Settings or Traffic Controller? Can you provide a screenshot regarding being unable to change DNS with Orange DHCP please?"

Hello 🙂

It's the blocking feature in Settings and not in the Traffic Controller. If the Traffic Controller do a better job maybe it will be good to remove this on the settings side or a backlink to the Traffic controller... ? I will try with the Traffic Controller with this version.

For the Orange DHCP, the capture is linked to this post.

For the IPV6, the conflict is when the QOS is enabled for sure.

Thanks for following up

Message 56 of 769
minino
Apprentice

Re: New Firmware v2.3.2.108 (XR500)

I have installed my old tplink router and I can assure you that I get less ping and better hit detection than with xr500 in version.66 in apex legends, I have spent € 250 on a router for nothing .... netgear has disappointed me with this
Message 57 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@quadrophenic 1) What web browser/device are you using to access the interface? Could you provide a screenshot of the completed benchmark test showing no dashed line please? 2) That’s correct behavior, although it depends on how you prioritized it exactly but they supersede QoS. This is not usually an issue as you prioritize small bandwidth traffic like games. 3) Good point, thanks, will talk to the devs about that one. 4) They’re not appearing at the bottom of the page? Thanks for the kind words. Could you please do a factory reset and see if any of these persist please?
@CoronalAurora really sorry to hear that. It is probably the persistent DHCP issue. Thank you for the information though, that really does help. In terms of your recourse that really depends on where you purchased etc and warranty.
@minino Could you expand please on what is difficult about logging into Origin on this update please? I personally would recommend to treat the PC as a console, so PlayStation device type in Device Manager, add to the Geo-Filter with the manual option and select Games Console on Traffic Prioritization. Do you get packet loss the whole way through the game? – If you enable the newly implemented network stats from settings you can see this when playing.
@rbarba23 thanks for clarifying.
@Raf1212 If you do a connection test on a console for example can you see any ports appear? How did you adjust the percentage exactly? Were you switching between applications/devices? Aware of VPN, we’ll sort that out. I don’t follow what you mean regarding QoS. So devices are getting IPv6 addresses without IPv6 being enabled? We’re working on updating heatmap for that, it will be done via the cloud. Thanks for the feedback so far.
@Anton774 we’ll be updating heatmap for those games, it will be done via the cloud so nothing needed on your end.
@minino Could you expand on those issues please? Are wired/wireless devices losing connection? The router is rebooting on its own? What web browser/device are you using to access the interface?
@Falcon1255 Could you provide a screenshot of this error/where devices can’t load please?
@Xavg understood, that is for HTTP sites and so as most of the internet now uses HTTPS it probably won’t work all the time. Yes Traffic Controller should be much better, thanks for that suggestion. Thanks for the screenshot, so it won’t let you type at all into the DNS boxes? Thanks!
Message 58 of 769
minino
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser I thank you for your attention always, if I continue with netgear it is for your collaboration and work, if I have everything correctly set but as I told you the hit detection is very bad in xr500 any version, at least in apex legends that I play competitively, but it is impossible between how bad the apex and xr500 servers are for this game, what I can't explain is how with a normal tplink router the game is much better for me ...
Message 59 of 769
quadrophenic
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser thank you for your reply. I was using chrome but did not clear cache. After a router reboot the connection benchmark seems sorted. Dashed line appearing as normal and previous tests now appear to be saved. 

I intend to do a factory reset at the weekend when I have the strength to go through the process. 

One new issue, xbox live parties appear to be getting randomly blocked by geofilter. Something is identifying as in the US and it boots me from an already established party. My friend with an R2 is having the same problem. Is this something you have seen?

Message 60 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@minino if you experiment with Congestion Control or adding specific ports for Traffic Prioritization this is likely to give you a better experience. Thanks for the kind words.

@quadrophenic That's great to hear! If you notice something blocked on the map when you try to join a friend/chat then add it to your allow list, does it work then? We've only seen that on a different platform currently not those 2.
Message 61 of 769
quadrophenic
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser I was watching my geo filter and a 'player' randomly appeared in the US so i allowed it but still couldnt rejoin until i enabled spectate mode. all servers were shown inside the filter radius. My friend with R2 couldnt reconnect at all. I recommended the R2 to him so I am getting some serious abuse Smiley LOL

Message 62 of 769
Raf1212
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser I only played cod brewed, there is an open port 3074 in the game, and with qos - I got the message qos was turned off, I had to turn on

Message 63 of 769
Xavg
Star

@Netduma-Fraser "so it won’t let you type at all into the DNS boxes?"

I can't do anything . The "Get Automatically from isp" seems to be mandatory 😕

For the "Traffic Controller" i can confirm this is much better ! The old block service can be removed maybe... 

Message 64 of 769
minino
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser do you know the specific ports for apex?
Message 65 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@quadrophenic It may take a few tries to allow them as there are usually lots of servers clustered in one location. If he is using the Geo-Filter then he may have to do the same as well.
@Raf1212 Had you turned it off on the previous firmware?
@Xavg what browser/device are you using as I saw another user using their mobile browser and the option was there to change it. Great to hear about Traffic Controller.
@minino you can find the Apex ports here: https://portforward.com/apex-legends/
Message 66 of 769
minino
Apprentice

Do I open the ports in port forward or in traffic prioritization?
Message 67 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@minino port forwarding is unlikely to provide any gameplay benefits so do it with Traffic Prioritization. Make the source ports 1-65535 each time and just change the destination to the ports mentioned on that site.
Message 68 of 769
Raf1212
Apprentice

last week I turned off for a while, then I turned it on and it worked,

Message 69 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Raf1212 is it all working now?
Message 70 of 769
Falcon1255
Aspirant

Don’t have screen shop. Error message (Uncaught TypeError:Cannot read property 'type' of undefined)
flashed on screen loading Hybrid VPN Rapp
I did a 30/30/30 reset this morning that cleared the error, however I have not loaded the open config.file from exspress vpn yet.
Message 71 of 769
lotustechie
Guide

HybridVPN connects fine, but when I check my public IP on the device selected, it shows my ISP's IP address.

Message 72 of 769
CoronalAurora
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser  Following another 2 crashes yesterday I decided to try and send the router back to where I bought it. It's unlikely I'll be getting my money back from Curry's as I got the router in May so looks like I'm stuck with it. To that end, I have tried one more thing before downgrading to .66. I've put a another switch in between my wired devices and the xr500 (Now have 2 switches plugged into port 1 and port 2 on the xr500, about 8 devices in total goig through these) and also another switch between the xr500 and my modem off the WAN port. I read about similar issues going back to 2018 and that it could be instant on set on the xbox or some other wake on lan sleep power type problem with wired devices. I've also read a few threads that changing the modem can help but I can't do that at the moment. Btw my xbox has always been in power saving mode anyway and auto game updates switched off so don't think thats this issue. One thing I have noticed is that my modem only has a 10/100 interface and also my main Sky box is only 10/100 also. So I've put the switches in to take the hit on any negotiation or power saving problems. So far no crashes but its only been 12 hours and overnight when its not being used much. I'll let you know how it goes but I must voice my displeasure that a 2 year old problem hasn't been addressed fully, if that is indeed what is ocurring. Maybe it's a weakness in the LAN & WAN ports on the xr500 and is down to hardware, in which case maybe can't be fixed which is no consolation whatsoever.

Message 73 of 769
Raf1212
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser not now not working, any suggestion for upnp,one more thing, when I add an NTP server in the settings, change the time automatically to summer time, after a few hours it returns to the original settings, returns the saved setting

Message 74 of 769
minino
Apprentice

any firmware that goes perfectly qos and traffic prioritization? the .56 and .66 seem to be not going very well
Message 75 of 769
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7