× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Firmware v2.3.2.108 (XR500)

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Falcon1255 you can take a screenshot using Windows, not software required. Okay keep us posted on that issue please.
@lotustechie That is something we are aware of, change the router DNS to that of the VPN server and it should work.
@CoronalAurora sorry to hear that. If that is the issue as well I will be less than pleased as I reported it all those years ago, please let me know the outcome of that so I can take it to NG.
@Raf1212 I don’t understand the QoS issue fully, can you expand/clarify please? Disable UPnP, reboot, then apply and reboot. What NTP server did you use?
@minino what do you mean exactly?
Message 76 of 769
minino
Apprentice

I want a software that works well for apex, the .56 and .66 does not seem to have an effect on traffic prioritization or qos
Message 77 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@minino does it show that it is prioritizing?
Message 78 of 769
minino
Apprentice

I have already tried everything so that it does not lose packages in apex legends even disable everything in netgear xr500 and it keeps losing packages in apex legends. so I remove netegear and put router tplink, I no longer lose packets and lower the game ping. It is very rare but it is like that. I need a version of netegear xr500 that works well even if it doesn't have the latest improvements.
Message 79 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Then it is most likely QoS settings on your end that you will need to experiment with to find what works best for you.
Message 80 of 769
Raf1212
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser  QOS -qos gets this message when accessing the page

https://imgur.com/4WGAkJq

upnp-it did not help,what you told me to do

NTP serwer -Bruksela,Kopenhaga,Madryt,Paryz

Message 81 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Raf1212 I assume that says it's been disabled in English? Are you saying that the message is appearing even though in Congestion Control option menu it is enabled? NTP apply without Daylight savings, then tick it and apply it again and see if it saves. What is your physical setup exactly?
Message 82 of 769
Raf1212
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser today the first problem with the device manager appeared, my son came from school and connected his pc gaming asus tuff, and after connecting it disappears after a while, then it appears randomly, and disappears again, and thus qos does not detect it

Message 83 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Raf1212 is this using DumaOS Classified Games? What game is he playing specifically?
Message 84 of 769
Raf1212
Apprentice

qos-not after the message, it is off, must be turned on,only twice it was like that

NTP-you did not understand the server writes well, just refuses to save the daylight saving time setting

configuracja-livebox 4 ip static dmz -xr500 ip static 

device manager - shows asus, and then it disappears in a circle anyway, removing the device and re-adding nothing helps (I think that's why it does not detect games in games clasifield)

Message 85 of 769
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Quality Update, Works Great.Smiley Very Happy

QOS updated, big thanks! 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 86 of 769
CoronalAurora
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
@CoronalAurorasorry to hear that. If that is the issue as well I will be less than pleased as I reported it all those years ago, please let me know the outcome of that so I can take it to NG.

@Netduma-Fraser  So its been about 36 hours since I put the switches in. No lock ups.....

If this continues for a week I'll be personally pretty happy, however its a real shame that I have to go to these lengths just to get things stable. I'll be getting Full fibre in about 6 months (FTTP on demand, build starting this month) and am hopeful that I can get rid of at least one of the switches then, the one between modem and XR500 WAN port as the FTTP ONT will be a gigabit port.

So everything seems to be working just fine apart from ping under load test on connection benchmark and the annoying bug with network snapshot scaling, its missing the bandwidth used label at the bottom when windows scaling is set to something other than 100%. This happens on any windows device if I set windows scaling to something other than 100%. This is a minor annoyance though not a major problem. Ping under load test though is a bigger issue for me as it was useful in finding out what the Congestion Control sliders should be set to.

Anyway, I'm a lot more hopeful now than I was 48 hours ago. Hope this post helps others with similar issues.

Message 87 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Raf1212 NTP, even if you save without it selected and then save with it selected it doesn't save? It should still detect traffic, how was it added to Traffic Prio and what was the game being played?

@CoronalAurora Okay that's a good sign and something I can feed back to NG. We'll report both of those issues and get them sorted, do keep us updated!
Message 88 of 769
Raf1212
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser update-device manager started to show asus tuf, but qos still does not detect the game (rocket league) the rest probably detects, I checked for example Valorant and it works, and I can not add manually to prioritization because there is no rocket league option
pinghitman-started showing more warzone servers
NTP - no matter how it saves the automatic change to summer time, it returns to the default settings

Message 89 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Raf1212 add it using the Games Console option and it should work. We've updated Ping Heatmap, just took some time to come through. Okay thanks I'll report that to NG.
Message 90 of 769
wiso121
Initiate

After update new firmware  now work not issues For me.. Spectrum 940  down and 40 up .. My módem netgear cm1200..🇵🇷✌️

Message 91 of 769
Raf1212
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser A few days have passed since the software was released, everything was working, a few minutes ago the internet disappeared on all devices, then it randomly came back and disappeared again and came back, I restarted the router so far it is good, I will add that the problems started after deleting the browser data, I will add that I had to clean the browser through all the tutorials, the router settings remained unchanged

Message 92 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Raf1212 okay thank you, likely to be that DHCP issue. If it happens again try to get the log file please before rebooting.
Message 93 of 769
Raf1212
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser I downloaded before running ,how do i send it to you

Message 94 of 769
Raf1212
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser 

https://imgur.com/N0vrD0f

https://imgur.com/VErmRPX

I don't know how to upload the log file

Message 95 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Raf1212 click the Log panel menu and download from there. Then click reply instead of quick reply here and you can attach it there.
Message 96 of 769
Raf1212
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
@Raf1212click the Log panel menu and download from there. Then click reply instead of quick reply here and you can attach it there.

I can't add it, I downloaded the logs in my notepad and my notepad file is incompatible

I can paste everything, but there is a lot of it

Message 97 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Raf1212 it should be a .txt file, in which case click on the 'Reply' button on this message, then click choose file under the text box, find the txt file and you should be able to do it that way.
Message 98 of 769
elCuculuz
Apprentice

updated to the latest ver also , at first after a factory reset and installing the new version & doing another reset , I setup my device it detected the internet ,I config the router and everything went dark in terms of connection to the internet, restarted the router and the pc a few times and it would not connect to the internet so I left it for 3 hours and when I checked again everything was working , no idea what caused the disconnection in the first place like that 

Message 99 of 769
Jawwk
Star

I'm sorry but I've had enough with this router. I can't even get QOS to work properly after resetting to factory settings with the latest Beta update, it always bugs out. Still happens when XR500 is plugged into the ISP’s router and set in DMZ or Transparent bridging through modem. Nothing has changed for me since last beta .104. This causes me to have really bad ping under load. My question is, what is the point of this router?

Video: https://youtu.be/P4yAp3Im_9U

ISP Protocol: PPPoE
Transport Mode: PTM Tagged - VLAN 201
Wan type: VDSL2 Bonding
Line Mode: VDSL2-17A

Message 100 of 769
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7