× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Firmware v2.3.2.108 (XR500)

ivanrei
Star

Hi @Netduma-Fraser ,

Just to check. I couldn't find anyone mentioning this for this version, only with the previous version and maybe you guys are already aware of it, but the LAN port numbers are still swapped in the Device Manger.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 126 of 769
Baturi
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser any news on the change log FW update
Message 127 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@minino is this for port forwarding or for Traffic Prioritization?
@ivanrei yes I did mention it to the developers, the technical answer is it is technically correct and its the board that is incorrect but I will try to get them to switch it.
@Baturi thanks for the reminder, I will chase the team for that.
Message 128 of 769
tekonsite
Apprentice

Anyone else having issue loading the Ping Heat Map?

Message 129 of 769
quadrophenic
Apprentice

@tekonsite I wasnt, but I have just checked after reading your post and mine wont load either. Operation taking longer than expected error. 

Message 130 of 769
n3xt3l
Tutor

thank you duma team

Message 131 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@tekonsite @quadrophenic are you still seeing this or is it loading correctly now?
Message 132 of 769
quadrophenic
Apprentice

Still happening on mine.
Message 133 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@quadrophenic could you reboot the router and see if it loads please?
Message 134 of 769
quadrophenic
Apprentice

Yes a reboot sorted it.
Message 135 of 769
tekonsite
Apprentice

I'll let you know tomorrow. Is this cloud related or is the rapp hung? I have been having issues with DHCP prior to installing the beta and so far so good. I have not lost connection for almost 5 days now. It was getting bad where I had to reboot the XR500 every day. I am reluctant in rebooting because of my previous issues that I showcase on another thread.
Message 136 of 769
tekonsite
Apprentice

After I rebooted the XR500 the Ping Heat Map is now loading.
Message 137 of 769
minino
Apprentice

When update cloud for apex legends? Geofilter not work activate
Message 138 of 769
bellington
Tutor

@Netduma-Fraser 

With all due respect, I have to call B$ on the response to the question posed by @ivanrei regarding the ongoing issue with port numbering being incorrect.

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
@mininois this for port forwarding or for Traffic Prioritization?
@ivanreiyes I did mention it to the developers, the technical answer is it is technically correct and its the board that is incorrect but I will try to get them to switch it.
@Baturithanks for the reminder, I will chase the team for that.

If you look under Settings > Monitoring > Statistics the ports are indeed correctly labled and in order from WAN to LAN 4. As shown in my 1st screenshot, I have CAT6 connections to WAN + LAN 1 - 3 and LAN 4 is not connected. This is correct and shows exactly how the ports are cabled.

Statistics Ports TableStatistics Ports Table

However, if we look at the Ports Table output under Device Manager (table view) > Ports Table we can see that LAN 1 & LAN 4 are flipped. As shown in my 2nd screenshot it reports my LAN 1 as "Disconnected" and my LAN 4 as "Connected". This is 100% incorrect.

Device Manager Ports TableDevice Manager Ports TableIf the hardware (board) is incorrect as the developers state, then the resulting output being pulled and displayed should match.This is still happening as of the most recent Beta firmware XR500 V2.3.2.108 and has existed in the last few Beta releases. Yes, it is a cosmetic issue and has no adverse effect on the overall performance of the hardware we get that. But if the dev team really stands behind the answer you gave on their behalf....

Message 139 of 769
Baturi
Apprentice

(Update) its been another full week and no Internet DC good stuff on that however we still waiting on change log 😉 @Netduma-Fraser
Message 140 of 769
minino
Apprentice

I put different rules of ports in traffic prioritization but they do not always work, it is always in 0 instead when I put game console it does work, I'm in beta .108
Message 141 of 769
kopyone
Aspirant

Hello,

I updated to this beta firmware recently.  I had some issues, so downgraded back to 2.3.2.66 and now my Wifi will not turn on and i always get the message "DumaOS not loaded yet"

I tried resetting to factory with the reset button on the back, i tried the 30-30-30 reset.  i have flashed other previous firmwares, by TFTP, i can not get the wifi to come back on, and always get the "DumaOS not loaded yet" message when trying to log in to the interface.

If i do a factory reset, it loads the initial setup screens and i can set the admin password, wifi SSID and password, etc.... but after that,  nothing.  and the Wifi never turns on.

Any idea what could have happened or how to fix it?  I have searched for the issue, and none of the fixes i've found work...

Ironically, as a last resort, I TFTP'd the latest supported DD-WRT build, and everything works great... wifi and all.  But as soon as i try to upload and of the official firmwares, the same thing happens.  I'm at a loss of what to do now.

Thanks for any help I can get!

Message 142 of 769
drcheesenipz
Guide

So what is the verdict? Should I be updating from .104, or hold off for now?

Message 143 of 769
Rockemail
Aspirant

Re: New Firmware v2.3.2.108

When QOS enabled, IPV6(PPPOE) is broken.

With QOS enabled. Lots of games on my Android 10 phone like Mario Kart Tour, Pokemon Masters EX for example get connection problems.

Message 144 of 769
Dioler
Aspirant

I just installed the beta version and the first thing I've noticed is that in that the connection show very low speeds. Let's say half the one of Speedtest. Is it normal?

thanks!

Message 145 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@minino what rules have you entered exactly?
@kopyone could you post in the general support section for that please, meanwhile re-upgrade to .66, disable WiFi entirely from Advanced WiFi Settings, reboot, enable, reboot and see if it works.
@drcheesenipz I'd suggest giving it a go, it should be better than .104 but you can always downgrade if needed.
@Rockemail we're about and looking into that. How is QoS enabled exactly when you have issues?
@Dioler did you do a reset after the update and are you also looking on benchmark for the speeds?
Message 146 of 769
kopyone
Aspirant

I will repost in general support... thanks.

I can’t get into any settings as it only says DumaOS isn’t loaded yet when I try to log into the web interface
Message 147 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@kopyone clear your browser cache/cookies as that may help, otherwise a reboot should do it.
Message 148 of 769
Rockemail
Aspirant

@Netduma-FraserQOS settings are all default factory settings, as long as the QOS is enabled, there will be problems.

Message 149 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Rockemail what kind of connection problems were you getting?
Message 150 of 769
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7