× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Firmware v2.3.2.108 (XR500)

Eric2497
Aspirant

I can not get this link to work I'm currently running 2.3.2.104

Message 251 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Eric2497 what is the issue you're having with the link exactly?
Message 252 of 769
Eric2497
Aspirant

I get a 

please assign the correct file the file format is *.img 

Message 253 of 769
Eric2497
Aspirant

596F53AC-84FE-41FD-91E7-DDD44DD2E807.jpeg

Message 254 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I can't see the picture, can you use imgur.com and post the link or attach it directly please?
Message 255 of 769
tekonsite
Apprentice

I think more and more people need to express their experiences with Netgear and the XR series routers like @mrbuckweet and @lamcity. I think if we keep expressing the issues on this forum they will eventually take notice. I also recommend you express your opinions on social media sites (Twitter, Instagram and Facebook) like @nighthawkprogaming, @netgear, @netduma. Any site that advertises the XR500 and XR700 series Nighthawk routers. If everyone on this forum starts to add their stories about the horrible firmware experiences and lack of support the word will get out and they will take notice. As customers we should not sit idle and wait for large companies like Netgear to take our money and provide a poor product. It is not @Netduma-Frasers fault, as he has expressed he is trying to get the devs to take notice. Let's get the word out to social media and see if Netgear steps up and claims accountability of their products and fixes these issues that has been going on since 2018.
Message 256 of 769
Eric2497
Aspirant

Message 257 of 769
mardock2009
Guide

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 258 of 769
Eric2497
Aspirant

I realize that but the link has that attachment I will try this one

Message 259 of 769
Eric2497
Aspirant

working great thank you

Message 260 of 769
Eric2497
Aspirant

should i do a factory reset after the udate

Message 261 of 769
mardock2009
Guide

is recomended due to new feature in firmware 

Message 262 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for helping Eric @mardock2009!
Message 263 of 769
Eric2497
Aspirant

unable to get rapp to load error

Message 264 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Did you do a factory reset from the interface after upgrading?
Message 265 of 769
Eric2497
Aspirant

Everything is working after reset and now my only problem is getting ivp6 working correctly 

Message 266 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Eric2497 currently if you want IPv6 to work you will need to disable QoS entirely - we are looking into that and will fix.
Message 267 of 769
rounder
Aspirant

Most of things work but we would need bit more user friendly  UI and features  in Geo-Filter setting.

Connecting via Fiber 1000/500, vlan tag group 101, sidestepping isp router which could never give open nat.

Full Duplex CAT 6 1000Mbits.

PS5 in wired mode, nothing really running in background while gaming so QOS is not an issue although switching it off and on didnt provide any visible difference.

First things that dont work.

• I have a speaker (muso) which supports only 2.4 ghz so if I use smart wifi and my phone is connected to 5ghz then i cant connect to  MUSO, this was issue before beta as well. Havent tested ethernet but for now I keep my phone on 2.4 ghz
  • Some interminent wi fi conenction issues, have to disable and enable (recconect) in order to get internet working. Not that often but once in a while.
  • Speed test only shows 450 down and 500 up but ps5 does 950 , is speed test limited to client connected speed?
  • Ethernet ports numbers are switched in network map (table).
  • Sometimes need to reboot and admin portal would time out (high cpu usage?)

Geo-Filter

Its kind of find it useless even though this was the main reason for purchasing  xr500. Got tired of laggy servers....

Errors:

Lots of times it doesnt show ping or send/tickrates for opponent.

Sometimes it shows 2 ms where game shows 30 or sometimes it shows 15 and game shows 50 etc, sometimes its "correct"

UX/Features request

Zoom in and out - please do not zom map if I just want to scroll down (trackpad) really annoying as only option is to either use sidebar or clickon very bottom of screen.

I say its useless beacuse its very hard to manually ping players or server on map and manage them meanigfully.

Would be nice to connect ping heat map with geo IP filter somehow so we dont need to chase servers on the map before they dissaperar. I am guessing Fifa uses some server routing stuff and even geo map shows only connected to peer I still need a server as "proxy".

Maybe show some server history so we can allow/deny/test... double clicking on servers or peers is hit and miss...

I would like basicelly to only conect to certain servers that are close to me as EU north, central and west no matter what my selected range is (polygon is super nice featrue though)

Also ping assist is nice idea but it deosnt work as stated above (errors) so i get super laggy games.

I would love to have option within my geo area to limit to certain ping threshold too otherwise i still get super bad games..

Please update cloud for fifa 21 (ps5) pls. it only shows 2 servers but when starting the game it shows  a lot more.

Bascielly , my wish would be to work a bit on geo-ip user friendliness and features  (its a lot better then before but still missing a lot)

Cheers

Message 268 of 769
Smiley3303
Star

Have you added a spot to set DHCP Lease time or at least schedule renew time yet? This issue is still killing me. Dropping a connection for such a silly feature is so dumb. Just add in a spot to let me have the lease time set for a year. We need this from a $300 router.

Message 269 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@rounder The speaker, I don't think that is an issue with the router, if it only supports 2.4GHz then it wouldn't work with Smart Connect. NG are looking into the connection issues currently.
Are you referring to the benchmark test? If so we're working on improving the speeds that are reported - it doesn't mean you are limited to these speeds. Addressed the ports before but I've asked a dev to change it. Why do you need to reboot? It will timeout, that is standard for security. Why is the Geo-Filter useless? Are you using Auto Ping? - It will only show those additional stats on Auto Ping. The Geo-Filter shows the ping direct to the server, the game includes things like processing delay in their calculation which is why it is higher. All games have it but not all choose to show it as there is nothing you can do about it, it is server side. Both pings are correct. We've had the zoom request before, devs are aware. What do you mean manage the players/servers? We will be updating FIFA once the team are back next week. Servers can be misclassified as peers so was likely a server. History for each host could take up a lot of memory but we can look into it. We are looking at combining ping heatmap and the Geo-Filter together but this will take some time.

@Smiley3303 I'll nudge the NG lead on this.
Message 270 of 769
minino
Apprentice

When new update for xr500? Traficc priority and upnp dont work fine
Message 271 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@minino it's been the holidays so not much development time, they will be back to work next week so will have a better idea then.
Message 272 of 769
rounder
Aspirant

@Netduma-Fraser re speaker, even if one device is on 2.4 it should still be managable from lan or 5ghz network connected devices...

I was able to see it before with asus router, my phone on 5ghz and speaker on 2.4 but not possible on xr500

Yes, benchamrk test, not that important as I can test myself but def fix would be nice.

Well, i needed to reboot or recconect  couple of times, device would show its conencted to wi fi but wouldnt be able to access internet.

I lll let you know if it happens again as it only happneded couple of times.

Also an odd thing re fifa servers in particular (seasons) it would show me all of them with 1-2 ms ping... They are hosted on amazon so there might be something going on there.... see attached...

Would def love to have option to limit ping within selected geo area and combined ping heatmap so we can preselect servers...

Cheers

Message 273 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@rounder sounds like you were unable to ping the actual server IP so it tried to ping something along the route so could be it was just unpingable - CoD have done this recently but we've been getting round it. May need to do the same on FIFA.
Message 274 of 769
AlaKru
Initiate

This did solve my issue with brand new router restarting several times a day. I was about to return it.

Message 275 of 769
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7