× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Firmware v2.3.2.108 (XR500)

gisuck
Apprentice

You mean like this?

https://imgur.com/a/XPPqoqA

I know that an antivirus software running on my Mac prevents me from displaying this page unless I kill one of it's process, but yes it works.

Message 526 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Interesting, what Anti-Virus prevents it loading?
Message 527 of 769
gisuck
Apprentice

ESET CyberSecurity Pro for MacOS. The webfiltering service has it's esets_proxy process just go into an infinite loop. All I get is the red background and the wheel loading of objects. If I kill the esets_proxy process the page will load. No problems in Windows.

Message 528 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great thank you, I will keep that in mind!
Message 529 of 769
tekonsite
Apprentice

Thanks for confirming it was only me with the issue on Ping Heatmap.  I got it to work with a reset under "Backup Settings / Revert to factory default settings".  I can confirm the Ping Heatmap is now working.

I can also confirm that when I did that the QOS did not clear my settings as mentioned in other posts.

Message 530 of 769
drcheesenipz
Guide

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
@ep2015That may be a visual issue rather than actually it being at 100%, what does CPU load say on http://routerlogin.net/debug.htm

@Netduma-Fraser not sure about @ep2015 's case, but when it would peg CPU0 to 100%, my router would crash reboot. The only conditions under which I could get it to do that is when scanning documents to PDFs from my HP MFC machine which is wirelessly connected to the XR500 via 2.4GHz; but the crash reboot wouldn't happen under those conditions every time, just sometimes. I have sent debug logs in a PM to @TimChang, but haven't heard back from him yet. I never had that problem prior to the beta versions, and .108 seems to be more frequent than the past versions. I haven't tried out the .112 or .114 yet.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 531 of 769
crmontoy1
Apprentice

Im having the same issues with (Dos attack:

I will send the pic of the log!!
Message 532 of 769
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

These entries are nothing to worry about, though I understand why they may appear to be a cause of concern!

Message 533 of 769
tekonsite
Apprentice

Hi guy's, here is some information for you to understand the [DoS Attack: ACK Scan]

Should You Worry about ‘’DoS Attack Ack Scan’’ in Router’s Logs?
Almost all routers show these attack logs; usually, these are just bots looking for open ports to exploit. As long as your ports are closed, and the firmware is up to date, you should not worry about them. As mentioned before, if your router logs are displaying them, it means the security settings are right, and all the bots are being blocked. In some routers, you may also get these logs from the websites you visit, that’s why some people have reported having IP addresses of companies like Google, Amazon, Facebook in these attack logs, nothing is malicious if it’s happening with you, your router is probably confused about it. We believe these ports scan should have a better description, so people don’t freak out when they see them.

When to worry about this?
Bots looking for open ports on the internet are pretty normal. If your security settings are right, they will be blocked from your network. Usually, the router logs show these attacks in minutes and sometimes there can be a gap of hours between them. But if you see multiple entries every second, it will be considered a DoS attack. As mentioned in the intro, a strong DoS attack can slow down your internet or shut it off for a while.

How do I Prevent DoS/DDoS Attacks on Router?
1. Even if you have never been Ddosed, you should do some basic things to prevent DoS/DDoS attacks in the future.

2. Don’t tell anyone your IP address.
3. Use good antivirus software on all devices.
4. Make sure the firmware of your router is updated.
5. Keep your operating systems (iOS Android, Mac, Windows, Linux) updated.
6. You can copy the IPs from the logs and block them in your firewall.
7. Ensure your router’s settings are configured properly and turn off automatic WPS configuration and turn on WPA2 encryption from the router’s admin page.

If you are under attack, restart your router, if you have a dynamic public IP address, it will change once your router reboots. You can also contact your ISP (Internet service provider) and tell them everything you are experiencing.

Enable ‘’Disable Port Scan and DoS Protection’’ on Your Router

If you have a Netgear router, you can enable the DoS protection feature from the NETGEAR router GUI.

1. To enable this feature, open a web browser and type http://www.routerlogin.com in the URL.
2. Type the user name as admin and the password as password and click OK.
3. Select Advanced > Setup > WAN Setup.
4. Enable / Disable Port scan and DoS protection. (This is enable by default in the XR500)

Message 534 of 769
rounder
Aspirant

Did an auto update to XR500 V2.3.2.114 , factory reset. so far

Ping heatmap missing

No polygon option in geo filtering

No speed test option

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 12.57.38.png

Message 535 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@rounder can you provide a link to the image please? I can't see the image until it has been approved by moderators.
Message 536 of 769
rounder
Aspirant

@Netduma-Fraser 

Image just shows UI without ping heatmap, polygon and speed test. you should be bale to see image now.

I cleared cache etc...

Message 537 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Can you post a screenshot of the System Information page please? Specifically the System Info panel.
Message 538 of 769
Hydros85
Guide

3.0 build 114does not see open ports for ps5 in upnp , on my computer in upnp torrents works and i have open ports, i have already reported it before on 2.3.2.66 it works normally

Message 539 of 769
V1Z10N
Star

@Netduma-Fraser 

All the features from the previous version .108 are all gone,its like its back to .56 before the DumaOS 3.0 Beta,it was an automatic update,hope yall can fix this issue. e0nKMPz

MSQ7twz

Message 540 of 769
rounder
Aspirant

@Netduma-Fraser 

Here is screenshot of sys info.

Also i noticed with 114 CPU goes bananas when visiting sys inof screen or default dashboard.

Another thing is lease from ISP

Now it defaults to 30 min only even after renewal, before 114 second lease after restart would be 2 hours.

sysinfo.jpg

Message 541 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I wasn't aware there was an auto update going out, can you do a factory reset please and see if those features return/the issues disappear?
Message 542 of 769
rounder
Aspirant

@Netduma-Fraser 

I did factory reset twice already...

Once after upgtrading, couldnt even access duma web managment page before factory reset.

Message 543 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay thank you, I'll need to contact the team about what has gone on here and what the intention was. It may be an auto update to .114 without 3.0 to fix the DHCP issues rather than as an update to the beta.
Message 544 of 769
V1Z10N
Star

@Netduma-Fraser 
Yeah,i did a factory reset as soon as the update went live,still no 3.0 features but i can confirm that i dont have any DHCP issues anymore,lol,my days,i have faith you guys will get it sorted.

Message 545 of 769
tekonsite
Apprentice

This is not the 3.0 beta! This is the latest production firmware from .66

Bug Fixes:

Fixes security vulnerabilities.

For more information about security vulnerabilities, visit https://www.netgear.com/about/security.

Download Link: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/XR500/XR500-V2.3.2.114.zip

Firmware Update Instructions:

To update your product’s firmware, follow the instructions in your product’s user manual. You can get the user manual at https://www.netgear.com/support/product/XR500.aspx#docs.

Last Updated:02/05/2021 | Article ID: 000062867
Message 546 of 769
tekonsite
Apprentice

Looks like @VIZIONS is right!
Message 547 of 769
Fubar__
Star

I received the auto update aswell.
.114 and it seems it is an old firmware not duma OS 3.0

Is the link you give the correct version, or just the same (test) version as you describe?

Message 548 of 769
Vicious_Results
Aspirant

Can we get a quick fix to the 3.0 update. I feel like I just got beat up and robbed for all my clothes. I feel naked after the 2.3.2.114 update. It erased all the new 3.0 features including the geo filter system where I could draw more than one geo filter area. 

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Okay thank you, I'll need to contact the team about what has gone on here and what the intention was. It may be an auto update to .114 without 3.0 to fix the DHCP issues rather than as an update to the beta.

Message 549 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the heads up, if you're on beta then probably best to disable Auto Update. You can find the 3.0 .114 update here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/New-Firmware-v2-3-2-108-XR500/m-p/2...
Message 550 of 769
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7