× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Firmware v2.3.2.108 (XR500)

Delx
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser I'm still getting disconnects from random devices all day!

Message 626 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay please collect the log files Tim has asked for and make sure to send them to him in a PM so he can take a look.
Message 627 of 769
Emiaj7000
Aspirant

How do I download without DropBox
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 628 of 769
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

You don't need a Dropbox account to download the firmware, you should just be able to download it from this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mwe5sx81gsc129/XR500-V2.3.2.114-DumaOS3.0.203.img?dl=0

Message 629 of 769
-JK-
Star

I just downloaded straight to my smartphone (img file) from the link @netduma_Liam put on here.

Open the browser on your phone and go on to your router admin/ dashboard then settings, administration, firmware... browse files on your phone then upload
Message 630 of 769
Funstuff
Apprentice

@Netduma-Liam 

Ok, on the plus side the reboot jump started the network monitor apps into reporting again.

However even after unplugging my PC (named Funstuff) from the router it did not go into offline mode until after the reboot. No, I do not have a wireless NIC in it.  My other PC (named JT) however is the one that automatically goes on and offline sporatically in the device manager.

It did clear the old IP and displayed only the correct one.

Strangley I checked on JT in the XR500 device manager and with Funstuff unplugged, before the reboot and it showed the old IP for Funstuff from before I changed the router IP. I am thinking the device manger should be dynamic or is that not the case?

John aka Funstuff

Message 631 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great news! Yes it is dynamic. If you give each device a reserved IP in LAN Settings do they behave more as expected on the device manager?
Message 632 of 769
Funstuff
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser 

Hmmm...

Ok I set up Funstuff and JT to static IPs in the LAN IP reservation. It assigned the IPs fine.

https://imgur.com/ulBGzRi

Then I went to device manager. Funstuff and JT both showed offline with no IPs.

https://imgur.com/Scf6kvZ

I rebooted the router (through menu) and the device manager showed Funstuff online with the correct IP and JT offline at first with no IP and after a minute or so JT went online with the correct IP.

edit: forgot to answer your question... no they do not 🙂

John aka Funstuff

Message 633 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

They don't? It sounds like it's behaving more as you would expect there no?
Message 634 of 769
satty021
Aspirant

How do I get the Connection Benchmark to display different results? I adjust the QOS sliders and have it “ALways” enabled but always the same results. The ping under load is the biggest concern. The upload ping even follows the exact same graph in the 950 ms range regardless of what I do.

DSL Reports shows at least some variation on bufferbloat when adjusting sliders but connection Benchmark always looks the same with bad “D” results on upload under load.

IPV4 and IPV6 enabled using DNS 1.1.1.1, 208.67.220.123

Firmware is DumaOS v3 beta .114
Message 635 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Did you factory reset after upgrading @satty021?

Benchmark uses the Google servers so probably using the other DNS will have an affect on these results. You could try it with the Google DNS instead. We are still working on improving those results as well.
Message 636 of 769
Kingofbk86
Aspirant

I'm getting this error on the geo filter where it's not locating my PS4 so I can stay in my serve.
Message 637 of 769
drcheesenipz
Guide

Whatever you guys did in 2.3.2.114 seems to be working. Router is a lot more stable with the .114, and it stopped doing the crash reboots. I strongly recommend doing a TFTP install of the firmware, and a reset to defaults. So far so good on the .114.

Message 638 of 769
kxndal
Guide

Betreff: New Firmware v2.3.2.108 (XR500)

My results with .114 (beta) so far
- Anti Bufferbloat slider has no effect on the ping under load test in the connection benchmark. (Tested all with Always from 100 to 10 upload and download) but bandwidth is limited, i.e. Anti Bufferbloat works but test does not.
- ipv6 works perfectly but not with Anti Bufferbloat (bandwidth dont get limited.)
- I don't see any ports under UPNP. (Previous betas were showing ports)

The .114 beta is definitely more stable. Thanks for the new options under TP. When will we actually get a new beta which is not just a DHCP fix?

Message 639 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Betreff: New Firmware v2.3.2.108 (XR500)

@Kingofbk86 could you clarify exactly please? It doesn't locate you automatically, you will need to set your home location and your settings.
@kxndal is this after a factory reset? What do you mean exactly - it has fixes and those new options - not every update will bring something new. There is unlikely to be any significantly big new features for a little while now.

Message 640 of 769
Funstuff
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser 

I said it is not acting as expected because I had to reboot the router to get it to even recognize the devices were online in device manager after changing the IPs. Definitely not dynamic.

The JT named computer switching states periodically is seperate it looks like since I have seen others post similar situtations.

Message 641 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Ah understood, does it behave better now that the reboot and reserved IPs have been done?
Message 642 of 769
satty021
Aspirant

Factory reset yes.

I also changed DNS to Google (8.8.8.8) and no impact on the connection benchmark. And especially the very high upload ping under load at 950ish ms. Thoughts?
Message 643 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@satty021 can you provide a screenshot of your Connection Benchmark results please? It's most likely incorrect and something we'll need to look at - are you using PPPoE, VLAN, IPv6 etc?
Message 644 of 769
Funstuff
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser  and @satty021 

My connection benchmark has never been right. I posted it back in September, I believe.

From .104

https://imgur.com/9N85XGn

From .114 build

https://imgur.com/HH985Xk

Just adding info

John aka Funstuff

No PPPoE or VPN or ipv6, using special those reserved IPs I set and DNS 1 and 2 set to Cloudflare and 3rd is Cisco, the rest is default.

Message 645 of 769
Junior33Oh
Aspirant

I have set up polygons around the best ping servers ... I allow and deny servers and peer to peer... I try and use strict mode but then no one, including allowed peers can join me, when I take it off strict mode.. it only ever connects me to one server and it's a bad ping one.. what am I doing wrong?
Message 646 of 769
satty021
Aspirant

My ping results look similar to the graph provided here but doesn’t dip back down at the end. I’m using DHCP, IPV4, IPV6; no vpn. Under load, my upload spikes and dips at the same spots and ends up at 950ish ms. My normal ping not under load is typically 30’s. DSL Reports I can get A’s and A+ but my connection benchmark always shows A, B, D with D stemming from ping under load.

That’s using several different DNS including 8.8.8.8 and using several different slider settings in increments of 5 and 10.
Message 647 of 769
ivanrei
Star

Hi,

For me the 114 beta (factory reset done) is not working as well as the 108 beta. It doesn’t look like disconnects, but everything that needs a download is slow. For example, E-mails with images the text downloads fine while blank spaces appear where the images should be. I then have to wait quite a while for the whole E-mail to appear or if I switch to 4G Cellular the images appear instantly. The same thing happens while browsing the web. Pages don’t load and if I switch to 4G they load instantly. Games also don’t connect instantly to servers, Black Ops Cold War sometimes goes Offline on startup.

I have disabled QOS thinking it was that, but still the same problem. IPv6 is disabled as well.

The other thing that hasn’t worked even on 108 is UPnP with a PS5 and Black Ops Cold War. Nothing shows up in the table and the game has a moderate NAT type. I had to add port forwards to switch to a open NAT. All I have is the PS5 in filter mode for Call of Duty, location set, Call of Duty Profile and 55 ping assist.

Is there anything I should try? Update and factory reset again or go back to 108?

Thanks in advance.
Message 648 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Funstuff we're still looking at that but been unable to reproduce it so far.
@Junior330h when using the Geo-Filter you do not need to deny/allow servers from the ping panel every time, it is likely you have denied too many servers which has left you with one server. Remove those and just use the polygons to allow/deny servers and see if it is better.
@satty021 We will look into it, more work needs to be done on making it more accurate.
@ivanrei What speeds are you getting through the router using speedtest.net for example? Is it only wireless devices or wired as well? The Geo-Filter can cause a misreading of NAT on the game but it will actually be open - what did the console network settings say for NAT?
Message 649 of 769
namsayin
Tutor

Wait, it the firmware linked here different than the one on the Netgear XR500 firmware download page? I'm assuming that is official (non-beta) release since it's on their official page?

Thanks.

Message 650 of 769
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7