× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New Firmware v2.3.2.108 (XR500)

ivanrei
Star

Re: New Firmware v2.3.2.108 (XR500)

Hi @Netduma-Fraser ,

I have been testing it for the last month. I have removed my ISP's DNSs and set DNS to Cloudflare, Google and OpenDNS, it's a bit better but still have some issues that I didn't have on 108. Sometimes Chrome has DNS errors saying that it cannot resolve IP, E-mails still have a delay for images sometimes.

The other thing that I mentioned before is I'm still getting disconnects on 114 Beta. Various machines and cellphones all of a sudden disconnect. It's vary random but is happening quite a lot. On Windows 10 it shows as if I have no internet connection and sometimes it looks like I lose my network settings as I can't even connect to the router. I have to then either keep trying to connect switching off Wifi on the machine or cellphone or rebooting the router.

I have tried reloading 114 beta and factory resetting and it works for a bit but the same problems come up.

When I get a disconnect I check the log and it's normally has a DHCP lease change:

[DumaOS] DHCP lease change., Saturday, March 13, 2021 11:59:07
[DumaOS] DHCP new event., Saturday, March 13, 2021 11:59:07

DHCP renews:

Lease Obtained0 Days, 3 Hours, 0 Minutes
Lease Expires0 Days, 2 Hours, 45 Minutes

I have these DHCP lease change in the log sometimes in a minute, I don't know if these are device DHCP lease changes or the routers.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 751 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@ivanrei okay so the fix implemented hasn't worked for you, could you do this please prior to the issue and save them after it has occurred, then send to @TimChang
Plugin a USB device into the router. Open debug page:
http://192.168.1.1/debug.htm
Select the checkbox “Enable WAN/LAN Packet Capture”.
Choose “USB Device” in store location.
Click "Start Capture" button.
Once issue occurs, press the Button “Save debug log”.
Message 752 of 769
D3vious
Star

@netduma_fraser

Yes I have been running .114 since release.

Sorry mate. I know you have no sway over Netgear. But they are rubbish. And the dumaos implementation on the xr500 affords no benefit. QoS does not work when using a vlan. Full stop. It hasn't been fixed... Even with multiple years or promises.

So disappointed.
Message 753 of 769
Raf1212
Apprentice

@D3vious beta has been running for 8 months now, and nothing is working as it should

Message 754 of 769
tekonsite
Apprentice

Netgear is dragging their ass on this and the problem is they don't care. As long as you vent your frustration in this forum they have no reason to act on it. Start going out on social media and express your frustration there. You need the high up execs to see that the customers are pissed off. Start complaining on netgears marketing channels on Twitter and Facebook. Do the same on Instagram. The more people who start talking about this in the public the more action Netgear will take on fixing these issues.
Message 755 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay thanks @D3vious I've asked the team to take a look at the VLAN QoS issue again and see what is happening, hopefully we can get it resolved for the next version.
Message 756 of 769
Raf1212
Apprentice

@tekonsite I do it too, even the posts are not available anymore, because I have expressed my opinion several times

Message 757 of 769
crmontoy1
Apprentice

To be honest!! Is really disappointed I bought a bugatti but the engine doesn’t work is the same with the XR500.... actually im using my router asus ac1900 waiting for NETGEAR fix all the issues... I believe them just understand to us we are pissed off has been a long waiting ... i tried every settings with the beta and i gave up ... and connected my asus ac1900 and everything run smooth
Message 758 of 769
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

We understand your frustrations guys, we're working as hard as we can to get these issues resolved, it's just something that takes time to fix and test.

Thank you all for your patience.

Message 759 of 769
Raf1212
Apprentice

@Netduma-Liam I would understand if it lasted two months, but the beta has been running for 8 months, even the original software114 does not work normally, and do not ask what does not work because I know that these are cosmetic things, but they do not work, I installed and uninstalled because the disconnections still annoyed the household members, and the worst part is 3.0 doesn't work well on any platform, and that worries me,

Message 760 of 769
Sergio2020
Guide

Good evening, I've had enough of the Xr500, promises after promises and it's been 2 years.... So yesterday I ordered r2, now I will expect to receive it as soon as possible and see if it works as promised by netduma ... I'll try it out for a couple of months, but if it doesn't work and continue as the Xr500 I'll buy an Asus! Let's see how it goes, hopefully much better compared to the Xr500.
Message 761 of 769
nparanzine
Aspirant

I am trying to download this firmware version but the file is corrupted.

Message 762 of 769
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

There's actually a newer version of the beta firmware now, you can download it from this post:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/New-Firmware-v2-3-2-120-XR500/td-p/...

Then follow these steps to install it:

1. Open up your web browser and go to http://www.routerlogin.net.
  2. Log into your XR500 using the admin username and password.
  3. Click Settings > Administration > Firmware Upgrade page.
  4. Click Browser and locate the firmware image file.
  5. Click Upload.
  6. Wait for the firmware upgrade to complete.
Message 763 of 769
ivanrei
Star

Hi @Netduma-Fraser,

Just to give you some feedback and maybe help some of the other people with problems. I tried the steps that’s some folks did and that seems to have basically fixed almost everything.

What I did was install the latest stable build and factory reset. I then installed the 120 beta and factory reset again.

Since then I have only had about two/three disconnects and the DNS problem no longer exists. I’m even using my ISP’s DNS. My UPnP is still not working with COD BO Cold War and a PS5, but I bypassed that with port forwarding.

Form this experience it looks like something is buggy with the factory reset in the beta version. Maybe some config is sticking around when you have already used another beta. I know the QOS configs aren’t resting, but maybe something else might not be getting reset like the stable version.
Message 764 of 769
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for feeding back, that's really useful.

We'll bare that in mind for future troubleshooting and development!

Message 765 of 769
geomoondog
Aspirant

This link is NO help at all, keeps going in a loop to clicking this same link again!!

Message 766 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Link is working fine here, perhaps open it in an incognito window and see if it loads
Message 767 of 769
JustinRandazzo
Aspirant

guys I'm so confused!  I have  XR500-V2.3.2.114 do i want to update to  XR500-V2.3.2.108 because when i go to install it says its an older version?

Message 768 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@JustinRandazzo the latest beta version is .120 so I'd recommend you try that but if you want .108 then just say yes to that. It detects it as older due to the numbering.
Message 769 of 769
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7