× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New Firmware v2.3.2.108 (XR500)

Nick777
Aspirant

Re: New Firmware v2.3.2.108 (XR500)

After downloading my download speeds are very slow. I pay for 945down/35upload. I get all the upload, but after installing the update I only get about 100-250 download. I haven't had any issues since setting these up. When I try the setup wizard everything works fine and it shows my actual speeds on the initial speedtest. Everything works as normal until after it checks for the latest firmware update. The next screen just shows "www.netgear.com refused to connect" (Which has never happened before). I have never had a speedtest get under 800 before this firmware and i now only get 50-250 at most. I even tried reverting to the old firmware and still no luck going back to normal.

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem, XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 201 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Nick, I've just responded to you on Twitter so lets continue there for the moment.
Message 202 of 769
SLeePLatED
Aspirant

@Netduma-Fraser 

I used XR500 as main ISP router by PPPoE throught WAN.

I got 2 errors after update .108 firmware without factory reset after install new FW

1. Ping Heatmap does not work

2. Device name list not show the new device on the list even it connected and online (this case is my PS4)

However, after factory reset, everything work fine. Thanks @Netduma-Fraser

Message 203 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@SLeePLatED thanks for the feedback so far, glad its all working after reset, keep us posted!
Message 204 of 769
Raf1212
Apprentice

Hello, since yesterday I started to lose all connection to livebox, today also at the same time 17:00, I have a static ip

Message 205 of 769
Dashbord
Guide

xr5duma12.23.20.PNG

Still cant add device. i updraded then facrory reset but still cant add device, norhing happens when i click on add device.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 206 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Raf1212 have you set a static IP for the XR in the livebox?
@Dashbord I can't see the image until it's been moderated, could you use imgur or similar and provide a link please?
Message 207 of 769
Dashbord
Guide

Message 208 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Dashbord how did you do the factory reset exactly? Did you have to go through the setup wizard again?
Message 209 of 769
Dashbord
Guide

@Netduma-FraserEverything is perfect now, thanks for the help.

Problem was my backup file, after reset router i was restoring my router with my backup settings file. Now i reset my router and manually put all my settings e.g port forward, reserve ip etc. Thanks for the help.

Message 210 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Dashbord great to hear that and thanks for the solution. Backup files can restore issues you had previously, especially if it was made on a previous firmware version. Happy Holidays!
Message 211 of 769
Baturi
Apprentice

Its been about 20 days or more now and i have just went through my first random internet DC and it usually did happen on every saturdays once a week On 1.04 FW i do hope the DHCP Issue does not come back to this 1.08 FW @Netduma-Fraser
Message 212 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Baturi glad that it isn't as frequent now, NG are currently investigating so I am hoping for a fix as soon as possible.
Message 213 of 769
maxgro
Guide

Overall how is the stability. I am very curious to test the beta, but right now we are in home office and I rely on this router for work. I know manufacturers always recommend to stay away from Betas when it comes to their main devices, but with a router there is usually only one. Overall, how is reliability and how is performance? I have a 1 Gbit up and down fiber connection and at the moment get the full Gbit and a below 5ms ping when I do speedtests with the Nighthawk mobile app (speed measured at ther router directly), is performance going to be an issue?

Of course this is a beta forum and there are 9 pages of troubleshooting, which depending on the amount of testers can be worrisome or can be very good. How often do poeple run into issues? If I have problems, how fast can one get back to the old firmware and settings?

Since I use it for work too, can you recommend using it, or do I have to wait?

Message 214 of 769
Totti_10
Aspirant

Hey.

My Question:

I turned off all wifi devices then reset the nighthawk using the button on the xr500. Then I configured the XR500 and changed the Wifi name and created a new password. After that I have completely (2.4ghz and 5ghz) disabled wifi. In the device manager only my lan pc was visible. Then I activated ipv6 with the automatic detection. It was detected pass through. Now I tested on ipv6-test.com and found that I only had native ipv4 support. So I disabled QOS and tested again. Now Ipv4 and ipv6 was supported but unfortunately without QOS. I would like to use QOS in conjunction with native Ipv4 native and Ipv6. What do I have to do for this?

PS: my firmware XR500 V2.3.2.108   and btw Merry Christmas 🎄

Message 215 of 769
Totti_10
Aspirant

Maybe the issue is caused cause my Fritzbox (Router) is not in Bridge Mode. 

Message 216 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@maxgro if your stability right now is good and you're not having any issues then I'd say just stay on your current version as if you can't afford to have any issues then it is better to wait. It would probably be fine but if its not broken don't fix it!

@Totti_10 we're aware of that issue and looking into it so at the moment it is one or the other unfortunately. Merry Christmas!
Message 217 of 769
maxgro
Guide

@Netduma-Fraser Hi Fraser, thanks for the reply. Currently, I am not using the beta though. I might try it on a weekend. I assume getting back to the current production version should be easy?

Message 218 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@maxgro yes it is easy, just downgrade the same way you upgrade by uploading a previous firmware file.
Message 219 of 769
maxgro
Guide

@Netduma-Fraser Great, thank you.

Message 220 of 769
PSPatricko
Aspirant

When can we expect stable 3.0 firmware release for XR500? 

Message 221 of 769
Retired_Member
Not applicable

This was the first beta update i have testet and was very sceptical based on others feedback. But to my suprise it has been going really well. I havent done any advanced adjustments other than QOS, geofilter and ping tracking and im very satisfied. No problems other than one crash (had to reboot my router and modem) and a drop in wireless connection sometime. The new inferface is so much better to use than the old one. Huge thumbs up and keep up the good work guys!

Message 222 of 769
kxndal
Guide

Betreff: New Firmware v2.3.2.108 (XR500)

Working for weeks, no wifi disconnect. Now very unstable since 1 week Wifi keeps crashing. Have tried everything, different settings.. nothing worked! If that is fixed then great. The Ping Under Load test in the Connection Benchmark does not work properly, but I think you already know that. The AutoQOS function would also be great. 

Hope for a new beta build soon! I wish you happy holidays.

Message 223 of 769
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@PSPatricko it depends on how well the beta goes, there will need to be at least one more beta build.

@Retired_Member that is great to hear, thanks so much for the feedback!

@kxndal is it just WiFi devices that disconnect or does it stop broadcasting etc? Yes we're aware of that so will get that sorted.
Message 224 of 769
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Netduma-Fraser With my router it stops broadcasting on all devices both wireless and wired. It happens mayby once a day now. I just need to push the on/off button on the back on the router and its working fine again. If there is anything i can do to help diagnosing the problem pls let me know.

Message 225 of 769
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7