× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Firmware v2.3.2.120 (XR500)

Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

New Firmware v2.3.2.120 (XR500)

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience, we’ve got a new firmware for you to test.

Highlights of this update:

• Big improvements to IPv6 compatibility
  • Improvements to general stability
  • System-wide GUI improvements
  • Updates to game and device detection
  • Fixed DHCP renewal causing internet to drop

I would highly recommend you do a factory reset after upgrading for the freshest installation.

Firmware: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l3oeb6dw25ngmwm/XR500-V2.3.2.120.zip?dl=0

Message 1 of 607
Raf1212
Apprentice

format files not goog ,

Message 2 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What do you mean exactly?
Message 3 of 607
Guitarslynger79
Apprentice

Think I'm waiting a bit before jumping to this build. Previous builds kept crashing so I had to downgrade back to the official build. I'll see what the general consensus is from others before I jump. Stability is paramount in my house as I use this as my primary router, so my kids can be doing school uninterrupted by issues.
Message 4 of 607
Holiday-X
Guide

Is the 5GHz setting missing under Wireless Setup?

@Netduma_Alex 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 5 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Holiday-X it is still there, can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing please?
Message 6 of 607
Holiday-X
Guide

@Netduma-Fraser 

I just posted a link of the image, but it disappeared.

https://www.screencast.com/t/lwUxbDK7ZXg

Message 7 of 607
Code_kill
Guide

Can I just get a router that works like it's supposed to? Bought this thing in 2018 for 300$ and still trying to get it working right. I mean come on..
Message 8 of 607
Code_kill
Guide

Sorry if I sound like I don't appreciate the hard work put in to this, it's just been a long time since I've seen anything stable and it's not exactly a cheap device. I would love to upgrade to a new netgear router with duma os but with all the problems I've had it's hard to trust it. Again thanks for your hard work and dedication to the xr500 I just wish it was stable 2 years earlier.
Message 9 of 607
Xolhid
Apprentice

Thanks for the update. Will test it soon.

Message 10 of 607
Xolhid
Apprentice

@Holiday-X wrote:

Did you clear the browser cache?

Message 11 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Holiday-X try the browser cache suggestion above. Did you do a factory reset after the upgrade? If not that may be why so please try that.
@Code_kill no need to apologize! Give the beta a try, factory reset after, if you're having any issues after that feel free to start a topic and we'll be happy to help.
Message 12 of 607
Holiday-X
Guide

@Xolhid wrote:

@Holiday-X wrote:

@Netduma-Fraser 

Did you clear the browser cache?

Thanks. It's working now. I did clear cache, but for some reason it didn't work. I tested on inprivate mode and it's showing now.

Message 13 of 607
kxndal
Guide

Betreff: New Firmware v2.3.2.120 (XR500)

Has this Build the AutoQOS Feature?
Message 14 of 607
Jamstaaa
Apprentice

@Netduma_Alex @Netduma-Fraser 

I've noticed in this latest build that if you leave your browser window open too long on a page it starts eating more CPU and becomes extremely laggy and if you dont navigate to another menu it eventually crashes the chrome tab. As soon as you navigate to another screen its absolutely fine again

Message 15 of 607
Raf1212
Apprentice

@Netduma_Alex sorry everything is alright, my zip got buggy when unpacking it,but I need help share play on playstation 5 does not work, I mean I can't join my friend, and my friend can join me, even turning off the geofilter does not help, and I will let you know about the new version in a few days

Message 16 of 607
quadrophenic
Apprentice

Upgraded last night, upgrade process was not smooth for me. I updated the firmware and then performed factory reset from GUI. All seemed to be well, but my QoS settings had been retained and constantly gave 'device not found' error. Tried another couple of resets and got the same. Tried pin hole reset on the router, same issue. Eventually I had to downgrade to a previous version, perform a reset and then upgrade again. Bit of a nightmare really. 

First impressions, I was getting packet loss while playing CSGO with the PC specifically added to prioritisation rules and set as 'Game Console' Duma classified gaming was turned off. QoS detected the device and the showed as being prioritised. Can't rule out an internet issue but willl keep an eye on it.

Device manager is still using your new nonsensical logic of only showing devices that are accessing the internet. Devices show offline even when they are clearly connected to the router. 

Connection benchmark is still ignoring any QoS sliders when testing 'under load' and therefore always gives a bad result.

Also when entering answers to 'security questions' the encrypted version is displayed when clicking next. 

Message 17 of 607
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

@kxndal This build does not have Auto-setup just yet!

@Jamstaaa Had you factory reset after installing the new firmware? Are you noticing this on any particular Rapps or on all of them? 

@Raf1212 Are you experiencing these issues on this new firmware? Make sure you've factory reset after installing it please.

Message 18 of 607
Jamstaaa
Apprentice

@Netduma-Liam wrote:

@Jamstaaa Had you factory reset after installing the new firmware? Are you noticing this on any particular Rapps or on all of them? 

Yes I did a reset. It happens on all screens whether its an Rapp or just the WiFi settings page

Message 19 of 607
Jakosaur
Guide

@quadrophenic I had the same issue with QoS after a factory reset on the previous version. Traffic Prioritisation was not loading and causing that error to show for me. Once the device(s) that were in there before the factory reset came back online, QoS loaded fine. 100% needs to reset everything in QoS during a factory reset. Device manager and connection benchmark - I am also seeing that.

Message 20 of 607
Jakosaur
Guide

On the Netgear settings - this was mentioned on the previous firmware post by someone, but I would also like the "Allow guests to see each other and access my local network" guest network toggle being split into two separate toggles. Also, for those who use Smart Connect, optional Smart Connect for the guest network to match the normal wireless network.

Message 21 of 607
View9
Guide

Waiting a “bit” your kids will be retired before this is stable for release. I think my router will be obsolete before they release a GM version of DumaOS. Its quite apparent they need more developers working on this
Message 22 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Jamstaaa does it only occur on Google Chrome or on other browsers? How long are you leaving it on a single page where you're seeing this behavior?

@View9 are you having a specific issue? Have you updated to this version?
Message 23 of 607
spdsk8race
Apprentice

Completed the update and factory reset without too much pain. Quick thoughts so far:

Tutorial pops up everytime, on every page and I can't seem to find a way to turn this off. If there could be a option to turn this off, that would be amazing.

My polygon Geo-Filter drawing keeps deleting itself every time the router reboots. This is very annoying especially since the router reboots 2+ times a day (the rebooting issue is experienced on both of my XR500 routers, and has been happening long before the beta updates.)

Connection benchmark is still not showing the correct speeds, running a speedtest through Netgear's Nighthawk app shows download of 921 Mbps and upload of 930+ Mbps, while the connection benchmark shows under 600 Mbps on both and gives a D rating every time.

Wireless speed has dropped drastically since the update, used to get 500+ download, 600+ upload, now seeing issues getting above 300 on both download and upload.

Device manager is reporting devices offline, that have a active wired connection, This is something that wasn't a issue previously. It also shows the device in question as online and connected through the Nighthawk app.

Router is still rebooting daily, at random and at least twice per day without any reason. This is my second XR500 also and still experiencing the same problem as before and this was happening without the beta firmware. This is a major problem that should be addressed, especially with a $300 router that can't have the same up time as a $50 router.

Will spend some time playing Call Of Duty tonight and see how it performs.

Message 24 of 607
Raf1212
Apprentice

@Netduma_Alex yes, on the new software 120 I have a problem with share play, any suggestions what to do, today sony android tv lost the connection completely after, a new restart fixed the problem, after factory settings did not remove the value of the old software (phones) the rest reset successfully, this week I will watched qos, and will see ipv6

Message 25 of 607
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7