× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Firmware v2.3.2.120 (XR500)

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Jamstaaa In IPv6 settings does it tell you what the routers IPv6 address on WAN is or does it say not available? Change LAN to use DHCP server.
Message 76 of 607
Jamstaaa
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser 

Says not avaliable 

Message 77 of 607
Jamstaaa
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser 

Routers IPv6 address on LAN is still showing not available even with use DHCP server selected. It was fine when i had it on auto detect.

Message 78 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay thank you, can you take a screenshot of what it shows you for auto detect - you can omit the public IP
Message 79 of 607
Jamstaaa
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser 

There is no public IP on auto detect as it uses 6to4 so its still not getting a public IPv6 address even though Sky does have an IPv6 network & I get an IPv6 address on my Sky hub. Screenshot below shows what I get when using auto detect.

The only difference is that the router gets a LAN IPv6 address when using auto detect.

https://pasteboard.co/JTyP2Bx.png

Message 80 of 607
Jamstaaa
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser 

Although odly enough when i test it I am apparantly getting an IPv6 public IP however its not functioning properly as its still in 6to4 mode on the router and if change it from that the whole thing breaks

https://pasteboard.co/JTyQQSa.png

Message 81 of 607
Jamstaaa
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser 

This is what the results look like on my Sky router. So something on the XR500 isnt right for IPv6, for Sky fibre at least.

https://pasteboard.co/JTz1VvR.png

Message 82 of 607
Xolhid
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser
Been on the new update for about 24 hours and just experienced the first complete internet outage for all devices. It's 4am CST. This issues has existed for many firmware releases. I'm not sure why you guys claim to have fixed it when in fact it still persists.

Before you ask your basic support questions. Yes I performed a factory reset on the software and also on the back of the router as well. Everything seemed to have been fine until just now.

Going back to my reliable r1 until the next update and I'll test. Beta testing is not fun when you guys don't actually fix the issues that have been present the entire time.
Message 83 of 607
Raf1212
Apprentice

10/40 minyt ,tunel 6t04

Message 84 of 607
Raf1212
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
@Jamstaaacan you switch IPv6 to use DHCP6 please and see if it is better?
@Raf1212how long are you on each page before it freezes? Which IPv6 type are you using in settings?

10/40 minyt ,tunel 6to4

Message 85 of 607
Xolhid
Apprentice

Yah. When I said it was my first. I meant first for the new firmware. I have been having Intermittent outages for the last 8ish months as well. It's become a meme in this house.

Me: "Hey guys there is a new firmware that promises to fix the intermittent outage issues I want to try out."
Family: "Ok, let us know when you switch back to the working router."

It didn't take long and I was able to switch it back to the older, less expensive and reliable r1 while everyone was still sleeping. 😴
Message 86 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks @Jamstaaa @TimChang can you take a look at why this is happening please?

@Xolhid if we've put a fix in place then we think it is fixed but that's why the beta exists so people can test those fixes. If you provide some logs to @TimChang he can see what is happening.

@Raf1212 I think some devices not showing any IP is because of a reboot and have not yet connected back to the router. Some devices showing offline frequently is something we're aware of, it's to do with the Device Manager, not IPv6.

Message 87 of 607
Xolhid
Apprentice

I'm not a programmer or software engineer. I'm not sure how to make a log. It is your job to fix what is broken. I don't get paid to learn or spend time debugging your software for you. Of course I want it to work. All I can do is report the issues best I can.

I tried signing into the router during the outage and I was unable to access the router UI. The UI page or the login box never opened. It was as if the router froze like my PC does sometimes. I had to unplug and plug it back in.
Message 88 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Xolhid not asking you to debug, just to provide a log so we can debug. If you have access when it occurs then you can get it from the System Information page. Okay thanks for the information, what the XR connected to - what is the model of the modem.
Message 89 of 607
Xolhid
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser
Don't assume people know what you are talking about when you ask for a log or how to get it.

Modem SB8200
It's only hardwired to my PC. It's a custom build. It's plugged into the motherboard ethernet port.
Asus TUF Gaming X570 PLUS (Wi-Fi).
Everything else is connected via Wi-Fi.
The power adapter is plugged into a power conditioner. I've tried from the wall too, but same results. The r1 is connected to the same devices and power conditioner with no issues at all.
Message 90 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the info, nothing there that could cause it that I can see. If you can get the logs over to Tim that would be really helpful thanks. He may ask for some other logs in necessary which he'll tell you how to get. @TimChang
Message 91 of 607
Bruthless1
Guide

Hello,
I am having the issue of the connection benchmark showing way less speed then when I’m plugged into my laptop running Speedtest.net. Is there a reason this is happening and can it be fixed
Thank you
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 92 of 607

I just wanna share that I've also experienced wifi speed issues. Wifi speeds are 120mbps when true speed should be 350+. Lan devices work fine. Qos makes no difference. Had no issues on 108.
Message 93 of 607
TimChang
NETGEAR Employee

Hi @Xolhid 

You can help us to get the debug log via the below steps.

0. Make sure you've reproduced the issue.

1. Open the web browser via a PC, go to http://routerlogin.com/debug.htm
  2. Click “Enable LAN/WAN Packet Capture”
  3. Click “Start capture”, and wait for 30 seconds.
  4. Click “Save Debug log”.
  5. Send the log to us.

These steps are based on you are still able to access the Router GUI. You said after doing some unplug and plug, it can be back? Do you mean you can get the access to the GUI?

Message 94 of 607
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

If connection benchmark isn't seeing full speeds, that would suggest that the problem is not with the XR. If it isn't already, could you please go to the three line menu in Congestion Control and Disable QoS?

Message 95 of 607
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Where are you seeing these reduced speeds, in connection benchmark or via a third-party speed test?

Did you perform a factory reset after upgrading?

Message 96 of 607
Jamstaaa
Apprentice

@TimChang @Netduma-Fraser 

IPv6 is now completely broken on my network after about 24-48 hours. Nothing changed but all devices now get a complete failure for IPv6 even on the 6to4 tunnel.

Message 97 of 607
crmontoy1
Apprentice

Hi!! I always trust in netgear team support and i came back to my XR500 i was using My Asus AC1900 so yesterday I decided install the new firmware .120 to make my review!! I’ve tried all the updates and all the posible settings to help and improve my experience!! So yesterday i did all the steps I’d factory reset and applied all my settings i did the benchmark first result was A - A+ - C but the second was A+-A+-A+ Then 20 minutes later all my devices lost the internet so i see thats the current issues until now was the first problem that i saw.... and the ping heat map fifa21 servers ara the same? Just showing me 1 closer in florida and i live upstate NY ...

What’s value i can use in ping assist? ( suggestion my speed is 480Dwn -23Up when i do the speed test show me 8-18 ms ping anyway i know that is not same in game

Netgear Team I appreciate your engagement i hope that u can fix this ASAP i want my bugatti (xr500) working 200% i need his extramile thks
Message 98 of 607

I did perform a reset via GUI.
I'm seeing a difference in speedtest.net but its completely obvious anyhow because downloads now take forever.

I had ipv6 enabled but have disabled and the speeds are still not correct. Even webpage loading can be slow.

I will try disabling qos
Message 99 of 607
BIG_DOG
Luminary

Hi @Netduma_Alex @Netduma-Fraser 

Dug out my XR500 and added this new firmware and it is looking well.  Nice to see some love for the XR500. Everything is running fine, I cannot test ipv6 as my isp does not support it yet. 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 100 of 607
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7