× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Firmware v2.3.2.120 (XR500)

spdsk8race
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser
Well since turning off resetting and turning off the traffic meter, I have officially hit 24 hours of uptime and no disconnects, no errors, no wifi failures. I believe the issue all along was the traffic meter... I will let it run for the weekend and see if it reboots or any other issues. For the first time, the router is functioning properly.
Message 176 of 607
minino
Apprentice

with this new version in the qos section, device not found appears and I cannot prioritize the traffic

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 177 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@spdsk8race that is really interesting, well done for figuring that out and thank you for letting us know. @TimChang please take a look at this
@minino did you factory reset after upgrading to the firmware?
Message 178 of 607
Phantomblu
Apprentice

The same thing happened to me, QOS stopped working and no longer prioritized. I tried to restart but nothing. All this happened to me when I put the meter, the traffic indicator on . Is this just a coincidence? I can't say

Message 179 of 607
minino
Apprentice

yes, I have already factory reset 3 times and I have even reloaded the firmware and nothing

Message 180 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Phantomblu if you disable that does it work?
@minino re-add the device that was there previously, give it the same name, device type and connect it the same way and the error should disappear.
Message 181 of 607
Phantomblu
Apprentice

I also reset from the administrative panel without carrying out the hardware reset but not, it does not work ... , even the light even if it would soon turn on when QOS was set to never .... I also tried to remove the device and put it back, nothing to do. The XR 500 cascades behind another cascade router of my ISP and is based on openwrt where IGMP is enabled by default. I tell you this because I don't know if it can affect or not ..... Also it was not placed in DMZ but still I had NAT open.

Message 182 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Phantomblu Traffic Prioritization will still work if you set Congestion Control to Never as it is a separate feature. What is the exact problem you're facing?
Message 183 of 607
Roy3805
Tutor

I had the same problem with Device not found in QoS. All I did was go to System Information > Installed Apps > Click on 3 Bars and change retry attempts from 3 to 5. And reset to factory settings. ☺️
Message 184 of 607

I had to finally give up on this router.  Initally it has some good features but the fact that this device has never had a single stable firmware release and has been in beta for YEARS now, made me give up.  I recently switched to the Asus ROG RAPTURE GT-AX11000 Wifi 6 gaming router and have never been happier.  Been going on 3 months now without a single reboot. Not to mention the amazing gaming features it boasts.  IPv6 actually works alongside IPv4 and the 2.5 gbps dedicated gaming port pushes some amazing speeds.  If any of you just want a router that works then I recommend you start looking elsewhere.

Message 185 of 607
Holiday-X
Guide

Hi Team:

Will the new firmware add support for Link Aggregation? My ISP increased my internet speed to 1200Mbps. My netgear router CM1100 supports Link Aggregation. It will be nice if i can get Link Aggration on the XR500 to take advantage of the 1200Mbps.

https://www.screencast.com/t/pMskAautih

https://kb.netgear.com/000059679/What-gaming-features-does-the-Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-router-support

Thanks,

Message 186 of 607

The XR500 does not support WAN Link Aggregation unfortuantely.

Message 187 of 607
Holiday-X
Guide

@Brainbleach wrote:

The XR500 does not support WAN Link Aggregation unfortuantely.\

Is it a hardware limitation?

Message 188 of 607
plantseeds
Aspirant

How is the geofilter on that? 

Message 189 of 607
mathmath51
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
@spdsk8racethat is really interesting, well done for figuring that out and thank you for letting us know. @TimChang please take a look at this
@mininodid you factory reset after upgrading to the firmware?

I've deactivated the traffic log, rebooted my router Satruday, and it crashed during the night 😞

With the traffic meter activated it usually lasted for a week before crashing so not sure it's related 😞

Message 190 of 607
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Sorry to hear that.

Was the interface still inaccessible in the morning? Were you able to capture a log file at all?

Message 191 of 607
gycuk1
Apprentice

@quadrophenic wrote:

Device manager is still using your new nonsensical logic of only showing devices that are accessing the internet. Devices show offline even when they are clearly connected to the router. 

This is the very reason i will never upgrade unless this is changed or can be changed. Not everyone uses these routers for gaming only and have 4 items connected . Ours covers our whole house smart home, plugs lights, iptv tv, tablets, laptops and all the family needs. We have 80 ish devices connected at a time what good is it

How are we ment to work out if a device is having isssues if device manager is connecting and disconnecting everything

Message 192 of 607
Holiday-X
Guide

@Holiday-X wrote:

Hi Team:

Will the new firmware add support for Link Aggregation? My ISP increased my internet speed to 1200Mbps. My netgear router CM1100 supports Link Aggregation. It will be nice if i can get Link Aggration on the XR500 to take advantage of the 1200Mbps.

https://www.screencast.com/t/pMskAautih

https://kb.netgear.com/000059679/What-gaming-features-does-the-Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-router-support

Thanks,

@Netduma_Alex 

@Netduma-Fraser 

Message 193 of 607
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Sorry about this, we are aware of issues with device manager and are working on resolving these for the next firmware. Are you seeing specific devices that are having this issue or does it appear across all of them? We're aware of some Linux devices having this issue.

Message 194 of 607
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the suggestion, this won't be included in the next firmware I'm afraid. It's not actually something we at Netduma will be able to add as it would be a feature of Netgear's network settings, that being said I wouldn't rule out that it may come to the Pro Gaming range in future!

Message 195 of 607
gycuk1
Apprentice

@Netduma-Liam wrote:

Sorry about this, we are aware of issues with device manager and are working on resolving these for the next firmware. Are you seeing specific devices that are having this issue or does it appear across all of them? We're aware of some Linux devices having this issue.

On the pre 3.0 device manager has a keep alive IE aslong as the device is connected the router checks if the device responds. On 3.0 if the device/IP doesnt send or recive data after a few mins the ip/device is placed into 'offline'

Which means your seeing flying red disks all over the place is only game consoles or iptv and streaming stays on. Anything else moves off/on line.

This way must use more resources in the routers? Does it on both XR500 /XR700 with 3.0

Message 196 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I wouldn't have thought it uses much resources as it's a very quick action but we'll work on it
Message 197 of 607
LiLAsN
Star

Hi. I would like to bring an awareness that could be causing an issue because the timing of my installation of the new V2.3.2.120 update just a few days back and this problem popping up and not being resolved after days as well is too coincidental.

I am basically having an issue where my Amazon Echo dot devices are not able to execute their routines but most obviously with playing the radio.

So I have routines set up to turn on the radio (which will be launched via TuneIn) for my Echo Dots. However, the last few days, they kept on failing to play the radio stating "The TuneIn station that you are trying to listen to is currently unavailable." I tried to 'resolve' the issue by inputting multiple commands to launch the radio station with the Alexa routine. Sometimes, it will finally be able to play the radio after you verbally ask Alexa to launch the radio or if I add the same command line into the Alexa routine.

Not fun when you keep on hearing the same command being denied by Alexa when the TuneIn station was perfectly fine. It seems that whichever Alexa devices that were not in use for some time will have this issue when trying to launch the radio via voice or routine.

My suspicion is with the new Router update as it has never happened for years. And only now, when I installed the .120 update that this issue began to pop up.

What's my option now? Should I downgrade?

Message 198 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@LiLAsN I assume this is after a factory reset on this version? Are you using Smart Connect for WiFi at all?
Message 199 of 607
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

update- the new update seem to  have screwed up something. I have factory restored 5 times on new beta version and old .114 but now I am getting device not found is QOS. Also, in the new version .120 it seems to disconnect devices.   

Message 200 of 607
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7