× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Firmware v2.3.2.120 (XR500)

Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

I've responded to you in the other thread, but if you're on an XR500 it makes more sense that I respond here:

So you're still seeing the same issue in QoS?

Is it just particular devices losing connection or is it all devices?

Do you still have access to the interface when this happens?

Message 201 of 607
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

@Netduma-Liam
On the computer, it loses connection permanently. Furthermore, I have to go into network troubleshooting and seek for diagnostic & fix through windows 10. On Xbox it just randomly disconnects. On QOS, yes I am still seeing the issue on .120 and .114. I didn’t have the issue presenting it self until upgrading to .120 , which is now affecting the router when I downgrade to .114. If I correct the issue on windows as explained above I do have access to the interface.
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 202 of 607
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

OK so you don't have access to DumaOS when this happens?

You'd need to factory reset again after downgrading to ensure there isn't any low-level code left over from .120.

It's interesting that a Windows diagnostic restores the connection, do you need to reboot the XR at all or does Windows Diagnostic alone recover the connection?

Message 203 of 607
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

I have reseted multiple times on either version, yet the outcome is still the same. When the issue shows it self I run the windows diagnostic so it fix it self. Though, that issue could be caused by a program I am using. Nevertheless, it’s still causing my Xbox to randomly disconnect and QOS stating that no devices are found.
Message 204 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Give each device a static/reserved IP address in LAN Settings and see whether that prevents them disconnecting
Message 205 of 607
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

I wonder if I go back to duma 2.0 then back to .120 if that will fix that issue for QOS .120 device not found.
Message 206 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you go back, factory reset and then upgrade that would work
Message 207 of 607
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

Testing theory right now. On the other hand, is there a way to force Ipaddress to change. A friends ipaddress keeps getting attacked ddosers.
Message 208 of 607
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

What fixed the issue for me... for the “device not found” in netduma 3.0 .120. Was to go to netgear website get the latest stable version from there then upgrade to .120. I didn’t factory reset. Issue fixed 🙂
Message 209 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great to hear that! Unplugging the modem for 10 minutes if you have a dynamic IP will usually do that
Message 210 of 607
V1Z10N
Star

@Netduma-Fraser 

Sorry about my rant last week,if i feel that way again,ill just smoke weed... it helps.

Anyway after tickering the whole week,i found the fix for r-apps not loading,geo-filter not working and intermittent internet drops.

I disconnected my XR500 from the ISP Modem,i requested for my ISP to change my dyanmic IP then booted the ISP Modem,changed my XR500 Static IP and put the XR500 in DMZ.( I only advise doing this if you playing games online via console,use a vpn for other devices).

For all users that are still on .114 dont upgrade to .120 straight away,downgrade to the official firmware .66 then upgrade to .120 ,factory reset. Once .120 interface shows up after initial setup then reboot the router from your DumaOs3.0 interface,after doing this which only took me an hour,all  my issues were resolved.

I may have taken the long route but it worked,hope it works for anybody having issues.

Fixed.
Geo-Filter

Device Manager

Intermittent Internet Drops
Rapps loading times

Back to Happy Days again.

V1Z10N

Message 211 of 607
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

No problem at all, we can understand your frustrations for sure.

Glad to hear you got it all working now, thank you for posting your approach too, hopefully that can help other users in the future too!

If you need anything else, just let us know!

Message 212 of 607
brandoff7
Star

Just had first WAN drop since 19th March.

Randomly about 25 mminutes ago the Internet stopped forwarding traffic to the ISP Gateway. Was unable to ping the ISP gateway or get any further. Status page in XR500 showed the WAN was up. Everything on the LAN was working.

Soft reboot from within the Router interface restored the connectivity. This is similar to what was seen on previous beta's, possibly with WAN DHCP.

Have captured a Debug Log before reboot & after. Where do I send this to?

Message 213 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@brandoff7 you can send this to @TimChang
If you're able to set a static/reserved IP for the XR on the ISP Gateway then this may help to prevent that issue in future as well.
Message 214 of 607
brandoff7
Star

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
@brandoff7you can send this to @TimChang
If you're able to set a static/reserved IP for the XR on the ISP Gateway then this may help to prevent that issue in future as well.

Thanks @Netduma-Fraser I've sent a private message to @TimChang with link to the debug logs in OneDrive.

I'll try a static WAN assignment next to see if we have another drop in 2-3 weeks.

Message 215 of 607
jhonnr08
Aspirant

don`t let me in.don`t let me in.

don`t apears the leyendsdon`t apears the leyends

Message 216 of 607

Ciao, Fraser io ho un problema nel senso ho l xr 500 in pppoe aggiornato al 120,velocità dimezzata da 940 mb a 450,ma oltre a quello ho R2 duma come router che è inchiodato a 100 mb e non riesco a capire perché è normale? E colpa del 120 e tarato ad andare alla metà? Grazie
Message 217 of 607
mathmath51
Apprentice

Hello,

Got a strange issue today.

At some point, it seemed that I lost the DNS feature. My DNS are 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 so I'm pretty sure they were up. My on going download and Teams call were still ok.

I could'nt reach the router via http://www.routerlogin.net/, had to rely on it's IP.

Pinging the router showed that more than half the packages were dropped.

Every thing was ultra sluggish and I couldn't load the interface.

I was expecting the router to crash like it happened many times but everything went back to normal after 5-10 minutes.

I managed to grab some logs when the issue was ongoing, who can I PM to share them ?

Thanks

Message 218 of 607
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

@jhonnr08 How often are you seeing that top error? Are you able to get around it by clicking OK?

You won't see any icons until you are actively playing a game online. When playing you will see the particular server that you're playing to and possibly other peers as well.

@Massimiliano197 

Hai abilitato QoS sull'XR500? In tal caso, la velocità si ripristina se si disabilita completamente QoS dal menu a tre righe in Congestion Control?

Per quanto riguarda l'R2, suggerirei di creare un post sul forum di Netduma e possiamo aiutarti in questo. https://forum.netduma.com

@mathmath51 That doesn't sound like an issue with the DNS servers you're using, I agree. Has the issue occured since? Did you make any changes specifically to resolve this or did it recover on it's own? When you were pinging the router, where you using it's IP or the URL? Let us know and we can then decide where's best to direct these logs.

Message 219 of 607
Ruthannocala
Aspirant

Model r6120 only 3 yrs old and trouble

Purchased in 7/18, now having constant issues...shouldn't this thing last more than 3 years?
don't remember purchase price, but net gear is "supposed"to be a good prouct, would expect more than 3 stinking years, or am I being unreasonable??

Model: R6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 220 of 607
spdsk8race
Apprentice

Re: Model r6120 only 3 yrs old and trouble

What model router do you have @Ruthannocala ?
Message 221 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Model r6120 only 3 yrs old and trouble

@Ruthannocala as above what router do you have?
Message 222 of 607
mathmath51
Apprentice

@Netduma-Liam wrote:

@mathmath51 That doesn't sound like an issue with the DNS servers you're using, I agree. Has the issue occured since? Did you make any changes specifically to resolve this or did it recover on it's own? When you were pinging the router, where you using it's IP or the URL? Let us know and we can then decide where's best to direct these logs.

Hi,

It didn't happen since, but I have rebooted the router after the issue resolved by itself just to be on the safe side.

When I was pinging the router, I pinged its IP adress directly.

Thanks

Message 223 of 607
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

OK thank you, please let us know if it happens again/becomes a recurring problem.

Message 224 of 607
brandoff7
Star

So connectivity dropped again yesterday on the XR500 with .120 running less than a week after previous event. Unfortunately I was not home and my partner could not do any troubleshooting beyond rebooting the modem.

All she was able to confirm was connectivity was lost on PC (Ethernet & DHCP), iPhone & iPad (Both on WiFi & DHCP). TV was still running Youtube & Twitch, albeit constantly buffering. Unfortunately I couldn't get her to trace where the connectivity was stopping whether it was DNS, Gateway or ISP.

Historically I've seen these drops be either DHCP WAN loss or an issue with using the XR500 as DNS. On previous occasions when it appeared internet was lost changing DNS on devices to either public DNS or ISP DNS resolved issues.

I'm capturing debug logs today to see if we can get anything and I'm getting LAN/WAN Packet capture to a USB device. Will try to capture an event.

Message 225 of 607
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7