× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Firmware v2.3.2.120 (XR500)

Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

What's the actual problem? Wireless devices are disconnecting?

I think you've mentioned that you've reverted back to a previous firmware there but if you're interested in troubleshooting the beta firmware let us know, we'd be happy to help.

Message 476 of 607
SoCalS
Aspirant

For this update you stated the DHCP renewal was fixed in this release but I was still expierencing it on my router, to the point I had to unplug it and hook up an old router. 

I did a full reset and set it back up from scratch and even downgraded, reset and then upgraded. 

Any indication if a fix is in progress or a solution? 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 477 of 607
gisuck
Apprentice

I'm recently noticing a pattern with the .120 firmware where the bridge/switch is broken after a period of 14 days. Looking at the GUI of the device directly shows a ton of qos messages being applied to wan lan and br0 I think is the other. These messages shows up in the log in 2/3 minute increments. Sometimes doing a ping -t to devices on the lan will show echo responses and then show "transmission errors" and a short period later echo response. A cold reboot of the router always fixes the problem.

Another small bug I found is that IPv6 RA for DNS is being sent fine to the ethernet ports, but not to the wireless bridge. RA for default route works fine, but X500 seems to be filtering the RA for DNS on the wireless network.I'm using auto detect on the WAN and config config on the LAN setup for my ISP.

Message 478 of 607
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

@SoCalS We believed this beta version would help with the issue and it has in many cases, but we're aware it's still an issue for some users. Netgear are working on it and we will fix it, I just don't have an accurate ETA I can give you at this point.

@gisuck What are the symptoms of this issue? Are devices disconnecting or experiencing connectivity issues?

Message 479 of 607
gisuck
Apprentice

@Netduma-Liam wrote:

@gisuck What are the symptoms of this issue? Are devices disconnecting or experiencing connectivity issues?

Yes, both local LAN and on the internet. No connectivity to any device. I can sometimes access the X500 user interface.

Message 480 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Interesting, if you disable QoS fully does it keep it online longer?
Message 481 of 607
gisuck
Apprentice

I can try it. What test case did you want me to do? Turn off QoS now and see if I stay connected longer, or wait until I have that connectivity issue again, turn off QoS and see if I get back online?

Message 482 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Turn it off now please and then see if you stay connected longer as I'm unsure whether that would get you back online and then we still wouldn't know for certain whether QoS was causing it or if it was a coincidence. Make sure it's fully disabled from the Congestion Control 3 line option menu

Message 483 of 607
gisuck
Apprentice

Okay, I have QoS Disabled and Congestion Control set to Never as well. I'll let you know if it happens again.

Cheers

Message 484 of 607
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

any updates on new firmware?

Message 485 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Nothing at the moment but shouldn't be too much longer
Message 486 of 607
generozen
Tutor

The latest Beta firmware has many issues with xr500.  The Device Manager screen just starts spinning and then wifi stops working - 1x a week and only resolution is a reboot.

Has anyone else seen this?  What could be causing this issue?

Message 487 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Did you do a factory reset after the upgrade? It's highly recommended you do this so old low level code from the previous version doesn't carry over and cause issues.
Message 488 of 607
generozen
Tutor

yes , i did multiple times thru the gui.

Message 489 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What web browser/device are you viewing the interface on? What do you mean the WiFi stops working exactly, a disconnect or it disappears?
Message 490 of 607
generozen
Tutor

The Wifi show connected on devices but internet is not working.  Multiple browsers - chrome, safari, . It doent matter.

Then I login to router and check device manager and its spinning.  Then I reboot router.

Happens quite often now

Message 491 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Does ethernet continue to work? Are you using Smart Connect for WiFi? Do you have wireless (e.g. headphones, remotes etc) or electrical devices within close proximity to the router? Reboot the router from the interface but wait 2 minutes before accessing or connecting and the Device Manager should load.
Message 492 of 607
generozen
Tutor

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Does ethernet continue to work? Are you using Smart Connect for WiFi? Do you have wireless (e.g. headphones, remotes etc) or electrical devices within close proximity to the router? Reboot the router from the interface but wait 2 minutes before accessing or connecting and the Device Manager should load.

Ethernet continues to work.  I do not use smart connect as I have multiple SSID's for differerent frequencies.   I reboot the router and then Device manager loads again but need to know why does device manager get into this spinning mode?

Message 493 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you tried to access it before it loaded after a reset or reboot it may have prevented it finishing the load
Message 494 of 607
elCuculuz
Apprentice

Are ever going to get a full release of Duma os ? thing has been now in beta for ages , to be honest it has been to long now .

Message 495 of 607
generozen
Tutor

Netduma-Fraser,

please post all the known optimized settings for the Xr500 w.  latest beta firmware and I will compare with mine.??

Thanks

Message 496 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@elCuculuz we're working on it yes, new update shouldn't be far off.

@generozen you can see our optimal settings guides here: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646
Message 497 of 607
generozen
Tutor

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
@elCuculuzwe're working on it yes, new update shouldn't be far off.

@generozenyou can see our optimal settings guides here: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

When will the non-beta 3.0 firmware finallly come out?  Its been years now and we only get empty promises.  I am sure netgear and netduma has made enough money on these routers that they can hire enough knowledgable developers.

Message 498 of 607
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Once it is at a level stability-wise that we're happy with, so at least another beta update. The XR500 didn't launch with 3.0 and the extra features it brought, it's being offered as a significant upgrade for free. I do get your frustration but it does take time, especially with the pandemic which makes it harder
Message 499 of 607
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

We don't have an ETA for the full release yet I'm afraid, we need to work out a couple of bugs before we can formally call it the full release.

Message 500 of 607
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7