× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New Firmware v2.3.2.120 (XR700) (?)

Federiko11
Guide

New Firmware v2.3.2.120 (XR700) (?)

Hi everyone,
I am so sad to write this after 17 months of waiting after my purchase.
On November 17, 2019, I purchased an XR700 ($ 599.99) with the hope of receiving the DumaOS 3 update soon.

I bought it mainly for that for the features presented on social media and on the official website.
Could we please have minimal support on this? Can we imagine a date?

I have read around that after DumaOS3 there will be no updates for the future. Does that mean you're going to kill this router?

Personally I think the XR700 is still one of the best routers on the market, but it can be better with all the options offered by DumaOS3, with the mobile app available and perhaps with better support for mesh systems.

Waiting for your kind feedback,
Greetings,
Federico

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: New Firmware v2.3.2.120 (XR700) (?)

Thanks for posting!

You can currently try out the beta version of DumaOS 3.0, but I can understand your frustrations with it not being fully released yet.

What firmware version are you currently using?

Also, where did you read that support for the XR700 is stopping? This is certainly not the case.

Message 2 of 6
gycuk1
Apprentice

I could not agree more. the xr700 is one of the best home routers i have ever owned and more capable than the xr1000 which is newer!!! However the XR700 has been dropped i feel its beacuse its over spec than the newer xr1000

However the support for the XR range has been shocking. I did put DD-wrt on the XR700 and it changed the router for the better. BUT i didnt not have the time to configure it so switched back to Dumos.

For various resons i  have not upraded to 3.0 it appears to me they have broken more than they fix as the firmware moves on.

Message 3 of 6
Federiko11
Guide

Completely agree with you about the overpower on the XR700 instead of the XR1000.
I was also thinking about going from 700 to 1000, but checking out the stats and reviews, I convinced myself to keep the XR700.

What really disappointed me is that I have had Netgear for YEARS with amazing support and a firmware update.

The XR series looks like an amazing product out of Netgear's control, and that's really sad and weird!

And why, the XR500 which costs half the price, has more support? It is as if BMW put fewer gadgets on the 7 series instead of the 1 series.
Because you sold more? but this isn't professional!

It makes no sense. I'll try a DD-wrt flash and see what happens.

Thanks for your feedback @gycuk1 .

Message 4 of 6
Federiko11
Guide

Right now i'm using: v1.0.1.38 - A7Legit.

Where can i find the latest Beta firmware?

On certain digital shop, you can find the XR700 and on specs under "OS" its written: "DumaOS3 - No Longer Supported".
Search for XR700 under google shopping, and as me you will find the above.

Thanks for the support and lets hope for an update.

I really trust on NetDuma team, but i don't know why XR700 is the last item of your ToDo List.

Ciao

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You can find the beta firmware here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/XR700-DumaOS-3-0-Beta-Firmware/m-p/...

People who have issues will post about it but you won't see those who don't so there is no guarantee you will have issues when trying the beta. You can always downgrade if needed.

The routers both have different architectures so it's not as simple as releasing it for all routers at once. We wouldn't have created a beta for 3.0 on the XR700 if we weren't still actively developing for it - I feel the shop in question misunderstood - the XR700 is no longer being manufactured but we're still bringing 3.0 to it.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7