× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - XR450/XR500 Firmware Version 2.3.2.130 Released

DredPirate13
Apprentice

Also, traffic prioritization is not showing up. 

Message 26 of 169
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It will only show devices since the reset as a reset wipes everything and starts from the default. Unless you're unticking disable share excess you don't really need to adjust Bandwidth Allocation. The two features to focus on are Congestion Control and Traffic Prioritization really. We are aware of the issue, if you downgrade then upgrade again it should resolve it in the meantime.
Message 27 of 169
DredPirate13
Apprentice

Will I need to do a factory reset again once I finish downgrading and then upgrading?

Message 28 of 169
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

No need to do that as it would likely bring the error back again
Message 29 of 169
Raf1212
Apprentice

a few months too late I would sit and check something for you, and I will add that this is already the official version (alpha-beta) that did not fix anything and was released only to close our mouths,

Message 30 of 169
FURRYe38
Guru

Huh? v130 is not alpha nor beta nor alpha-beta. It's full on RELEASE. 

@Raf1212 wrote:

a few months too late I would sit and check something for you, and I will add that this is already the official version (alpha-beta) that did not fix anything and was released only to close our mouths,

Message 31 of 169
DredPirate13
Apprentice

I'm not sure if this related but everytime I have to restart my computer or the internet or close the window or anything like that, when I go back into the router's dashboard page (I am having a blank on what it's called) the tour pops back up for each tab. More annoying than anything. 

Message 32 of 169
FURRYe38
Guru

Seen anything simiar to this? https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/New-XR450-XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2...

Something I noticed when I lost internet access thru my XR. 

Have you done a full on factory reset and setup on your XR since v130 was applied? 

@DredPirate13 wrote:

I'm not sure if this related but everytime I have to restart my computer or the internet or close the window or anything like that, when I go back into the router's dashboard page (I am having a blank on what it's called) the tour pops back up for each tab. More annoying than anything. 

Message 33 of 169
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you bookmarked the page to access the interface by any chance or when you close your browser does it clear the cache/cookies?
Message 34 of 169
Raf1212
Apprentice

@FURRYe38 what kind of a full version, a full version of what alpha-beta), you are joking with people, nothing in this software differs from 120, ha ha some eggs in 120 although ipv6 detected and nothing here that the interface works a little better, it's a waste of time to test this **bleep**, and you keep nodding to netgear, you're good at it

Message 35 of 169
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

As we've said, there will be another firmware to follow soon and it'll have more noticeable changes to the user. This firmware was primarily for security updates. We completely understand your frustrations and do our best to help, please treat other forum members with respect.

Message 36 of 169
Raf1212
Apprentice

@Netduma-Liam it's not that I do not appreciate your work, I'm glad that you are trying, but I don't like when someone writes that this is something new and it's not (beta), as it is not, and pushes people dark and official software (alpha- beta) that no one has even tested in the beta, after all, what netgear does is beyond thought, what is going on here

Message 37 of 169
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Understood, it’s more that it is out of beta now so everyone who doesn’t like using beta firmware can try this
Message 38 of 169
FURRYe38
Guru

FYI, anything that NG posts to NG download support web pages IS considered RELEASE FW. NOT beta! NG doesn't post betas there. Only RELEASE FW and Security Patches when those become get posted. Any BETA versions are posted here in the beta forums or may come directly from NG support in "some" certain cases that WHEN available, fixes some users problems. 

Thank you @Netduma-Fraser for your support. 👍

Message 39 of 169
DredPirate13
Apprentice

Yes, I did see that. I had updated my firmware and started over from scratch, which was a bit of a pain considering how many devices I have that connect. I even tried to reboot the XR450 a couple times with no change. I didn't lose internet connection however which I think was due to when I manually put in all of my devices into the LAN. I did back up my settings before doing to factory restart. Once it wasn't working and I was told to revert back, I just loaded the backup to where I was just before the factory restart. For the next several hours I was getting the same messages but then they kind of just stopped. Today, I havn't gotten any of those messages so far and everything seems to be working great except the couple things that weren't already working before like UPnP and my Dashboard tab. 

Message 40 of 169
He4DHuNt3r_XIM
Aspirant

New - XR450/XR500 Firmware Version 2.3.2.130 Released

Hey Fraser

Recently upgraded to FTTP (City Fibre Network, ISP - TalkTalk) and now I'm experincing random WAN drop outs when QoS is enabled 😞

It could be fine for a couple of days and then suddenly my XR500 will lose all internet access until I reboot it.

I saved a copy of the logs before I rebooted: 

Link to logs on Pastebin

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 41 of 169
mathmath51
Apprentice

@He4DHuNt3r_XIM wrote:

Hey Fraser

Recently upgraded to FTTP (City Fibre Network, ISP - TalkTalk) and now I'm experincing random WAN drop outs when QoS is enabled 😞

It could be fine for a couple of days and then suddenly my XR500 will lose all internet access until I reboot it.

I saved a copy of the logs before I rebooted: 

Link to logs on Pastebin

Hi, this is an existing bug since the beta. Even if you completely turn off the Qos you may encounter this issue.

Try disabling DHCP

Message 42 of 169
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

So if you have QoS Disabled, you don't experience these connection drops?

You can disable QoS by clicking the three-line menu in the top left of the interface, then tick 'Disable QoS'

Message 43 of 169
Dominicanbeast
Aspirant

whats the setup to block the servers , i cant find warzone call of duty servers , its not blocking the servers ,? help 

Message 44 of 169
Compoza_
Luminary

@He4DHuNt3r_XIM wrote:

Hey Fraser

I'm having that issue as well on my XR500, firmware .130.

Message 45 of 169
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Dominicanbeast Can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing when it's not blocking servers?

@Compoza_ will reply to your topic on the Netduma forum
Message 46 of 169
Raf1212
Apprentice

@FURRYe38 soft 120 (alpha-beta) soft130 official firmware (all known 120 issues have not been fixed) 7 months waiting for nothing

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Message 47 of 169
FURRYe38
Guru

QoS and DHCP reservations are working here for me on v130. 

Message 48 of 169
wmxp
Aspirant

Still bummed out that the HybridVPN still leaks IPv6. At the very least, could an option to disable IPv6 on a per device basis be added?

Message 49 of 169
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

We believe to have fixed a DNS leak issue with Hybrid VPN, that'll be ported over to the XR500 for the next firmware.

Message 50 of 169
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7