× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - XR450/XR500 Firmware Version 2.3.2.130 Released

DredPirate13
Apprentice

Any possible updates for the issue of upgrading, factory resetting and having it not work? Am I going to have to push the small button on the bottom and restart back from the very beginning? Do I need to factory reset, upgrade to the .120, reset, upgrade to the .120 beta, reset, upgrade to .130 and then reset again?

Message 51 of 169
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We'll have to resolve it in an update but really what should definitely work is a downgrade to the .120 beta, reset, then upgrade without reset
Message 52 of 169
FURRYe38
Guru

I prefer to use the web pabe ERASE function found under Admin/Backup/ERASE. This worked for me after I installed v130, ERASE and the setup wizard appeared for me in the web browser. 

@DredPirate13 wrote:

Any possible updates for the issue of upgrading, factory resetting and having it not work? Am I going to have to push the small button on the bottom and restart back from the very beginning? Do I need to factory reset, upgrade to the .120, reset, upgrade to the .120 beta, reset, upgrade to .130 and then reset again?

Message 53 of 169
Darksyde0818
Aspirant

Recently run into dropping of devices while on the .114 and then more frequently when I updated .130.  Read to conduct a factory reset and this resulted in no change.  In response decided to revert back to the .108 when I was not having the issue. But alas that was in vain. Even on .108 I'm experiencing my devices dropping heavily off my network. Any thoughts on what I should do.  Buy a new router maybe?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 54 of 169
DredPirate13
Apprentice

That is what I used. I know I probably should have gone down to the beta and back up to the .130 but right now, it seems most things are working fine. I don't always have a lot of time to mess with this unfortunately. By going back down to the beta, factory resetting and then upgrading to the .130 and not knowing if something will happen gives me caution. It took me several hours after the resetting from the .130 to get everything back up, settings adjusted, all my devices put into the LAN. When the next firmware update comes out, I will go back to the beta, factory reset, upgrade to the newest .130 firmware, factory reset, and go from there. 

Message 55 of 169
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Could you please try reserving IPs for the devices that are dropping from the XR Network settings, then see if they're still getting dropped after this? 

Message 56 of 169
Darksyde0818
Aspirant

I've done the reservations but they were still dropping.

Message 57 of 169
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Could you please set the DHCP pool to be from .50-.253 then reserve IPs from .2-.49. It may that DHCP is still having a say in this if the IP is within it's pool.

Message 58 of 169
FURRYe38
Guru

I set my IP address pool size to .100 to .200. Not seeing any problems with devices getting dropped with having a few IP address Reservations set. 

Message 59 of 169
-Kevin_N
Tutor

Hi Netgear Support:

.120 or .130.120 or .130

I upgraded the firmware from 2.3.2.120 to 2.3.2.130

I did a reset via the router GUI.

Everything seems to work as expected.

The issue is that the Dashboard displays the firmware as v2.3.2.130 but the System Info Rapp displays the firmware as v2.3.2.120.

Which one should I consider accurate?

TIA

-Kevin N.

Message 60 of 169
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The Dashboard, you may need to clear the cache/cookies on the web browser for it to update on System Info.
Message 61 of 169
-Kevin_N
Tutor

Thank you, clearing the browser cache did indeed resolve the issue.

Message 62 of 169
crunkyken
Aspirant

Hello.  I’m having a problem with my XR500.  I’m not sure if it is a firmware 120/130 related issue or a hardware problem.  Yesterday, I was working on trying to improve my upload latency under load (which is another issue I need to discuss), so I was working with the QoS settings.  While experimenting with settings, I turned off “Goodput” and when I ran a speed test, my download speed dropped from 60 Mpbs to 5-6 Mpbs.  So of course, I turned “Goodput” back on.  Running the speed test again, I am still getting 5-6 Mpbs with on line speed test.  If I disable QoS all together, then my speeds come back in the on line test, but as soon as I turn QoS back on, it is back to 5-6 Mpbs. 

I was running firmware 120 at the time, so today I upgraded to 130 and then reset using the “Erase” function.  I then ran another speed test on line and I am still getting 5-6 Mpbs download (with QoS and goodput both on). 

As a note, I confirmed by downloading known files that I am getting my full download speed.  Downloading a 1GB file took only 2 minutes (which it should).  This seems to be only a display issue, but I would like to get it fixed, as it keeps me from testing speeds and bufferbloat correctly with on line test sites. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Message 63 of 169
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's an interesting one, goodput helps speedtests appear more accurate so it may have got stuck in an off state. Disable good put, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes, enable good put, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes then see if speeds are back to normal
Message 64 of 169
DredPirate13
Apprentice

So, you are saying that if I change my reservations to be from 50 or 100-200 that my currently saved addresses will remain there if I were to go back to the beta .120, factory reset, then go update to .130?

Message 65 of 169
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@DredPirate13 no settings will persist through a factory reset but if you do the reservations and the pool while you're on .130 then reboot from the interface it can help with the disconnections.
Message 66 of 169
wolf3591
Guide

I am on the latest firmware and I did a factory reset for irrelevant reasons to this discussion and I noticed one of my "rules" survived the factory reset?  Everything else seems to have reset correctly.  Any ideas why this would have persisisted?  I cannot erase it it is is only listed on the pane on the top right, the list on the left is empty.  The list on the bottom right shows if it is running or not.  

Message 67 of 169
truthx7
Guide

Yeah,same here.i have done many factory resets and something always stays behind.the latest one I did, the congestion control setting didn't reset
Message 68 of 169
CyBer82
Guide

So people Dumao's team, so there have been a lot of problems with yours in the last few weeks
XR500 V2.3.2.130 FW. I want to get a hotfix this week, strange that all the disconnects have and you just give as answer, reset flash back, priority and a lot of crap.
Therefore the product is just a year old and I don't get a solution this week, I'll send you the router, complaints come as I said and other user threads open with the same problem. Without a permanent solution.

https://imgur.com/WUruCKI 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 69 of 169
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@wolf3591 what lists are you referring to exactly?

@CyBer82 as much as I appreciate your frustration, the threat of returning the router can't make the teams develop any faster. NG are working on the disconnects. In regards to the error message in your picture I believe that is because you have an Adblocker enabled on the browser, disable that, refresh the page and it should work.
Message 70 of 169
FURRYe38
Guru

How are you factory resetting the router? Using the reset button or the ERASE fuction with in the web page? 

I always use the ERASE function and everything is removed. 

@truthx7 wrote:
Yeah,same here.i have done many factory resets and something always stays behind.the latest one I did, the congestion control setting didn't reset

Message 71 of 169
wolf3591
Guide

@Netduma-Fraser 

The lists I am referring to are on the Traffic Controller page.  Specifically, Traffic Analytics and Event Capture.  The rules are the Traffic Rules.

Message 72 of 169
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@wolf3591 we haven't had that report before so thanks for letting us know, I'll pass it onto the team
Message 73 of 169
FURRYe38
Guru

How are you factory resetting the router? Using the reset button or the ERASE fuction with in the web page? 

What browser are you using? 

@wolf3591 wrote:

I am on the latest firmware and I did a factory reset for irrelevant reasons to this discussion and I noticed one of my "rules" survived the factory reset?  Everything else seems to have reset correctly.  Any ideas why this would have persisisted?  I cannot erase it it is is only listed on the pane on the top right, the list on the left is empty.  The list on the bottom right shows if it is running or not.  

Message 74 of 169
wolf3591
Guide

@FURRYe38 wrote:

What browser are you using? 

@wolf3591 wrote:

Yes I used the ERASE function in the web page.  I am using Chrome.

Message 75 of 169
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7