× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - XR450/XR500 Firmware Version 2.3.2.130 Released

FURRYe38
Guru

Try using MS Edge or FireFox next time. I use these with my XR450. 

Be sure all browser caches are cleared out prior entering the routers web page and after the reset kicks in. 

@wolf3591 wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

How are you factory resetting the router? Using the reset button or the ERASE fuction with in the web page? 

I always use the ERASE function and everything is removed. 

What browser are you using? 

@wolf3591 wrote:

I am on the latest firmware and I did a factory reset for irrelevant reasons to this discussion and I noticed one of my "rules" survived the factory reset?  Everything else seems to have reset correctly.  Any ideas why this would have persisisted?  I cannot erase it it is is only listed on the pane on the top right, the list on the left is empty.  The list on the bottom right shows if it is running or not.  

Yes I used the ERASE function in the web page.  I am using Chrome.

Message 76 of 169
Raf1212
Apprentice

I saw that R2 got new software on the 19th of last month, and how long will you wait, because I see official software releasing, you will be delaying until the holidays next year

Message 77 of 169
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Yep, so we're building and testing firmwares for the XR lineup this month too, but I can't really speculate at a release date because it all depends on how they get on through our testing, and how long it takes for them to get through Netgear's testing too. If possible, we'll let you know once we've passed them on to Netgear.

Message 78 of 169
wolf3591
Guide

Every day I have to restart the modem to regain connectivity.   What is the fix for this?

Message 79 of 169
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

changing the DHCP pool to start at a higher value e.g. 50 instead of 2 and then giving devices reserved IPs between .2 - .49 can help resolve the issue.
Message 80 of 169
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Im using .100 to .150 since I don't have that many devices. 

@wolf3591 wrote:

Every day I have to restart the modem to regain connectivity.   What is the fix for this?

Message 81 of 169
wolf3591
Guide

@FURRYe38 wrote:

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Im using .100 to .150 since I don't have that many devices. 

@wolf3591 wrote:

It is a NetGear CM1000

Message 82 of 169
FURRYe38
Guru

OK, was curious. CM is good. 

@wolf3591 wrote:

It is a NetGear CM1000

Try the smaller DHCP IP address pool. 

Message 83 of 169
Falcon1255
Aspirant

For the record. I’m not a power user but I have run all Beta releases with little to no problems with the exception of .120. I experienced network drops on occasion but not too often. However with this fall release my network drops and now occurring 1 to 2 times a week.
And yes I do full factory resets
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 84 of 169
FURRYe38
Guru

Try the smaller DHCP IP address pool. v130 is not a beta. 

@Falcon1255 wrote:
For the record. I’m not a power user but I have run all Beta releases with little to no problems with the exception of .120. I experienced network drops on occasion but not too often. However with this fall release my network drops and now occurring 1 to 2 times a week.
And yes I do full factory resets

Message 85 of 169
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Try the suggestion I made above and see if that helps please
Message 86 of 169
wolf3591
Guide

I think the above advice helped but then a new problem popped up.  I was using my laptop and I couldn't get any websites to load and windows network diagnostics said that the DNS server could not be reached.   A reboot of the router cleared that up.  Is this a router issue?  If so what can I do about it?

Message 87 of 169
Retired_Member
Not applicable

All you can do is wait until another update I have this issue also I tried to do that DNS thing of what one of the other guys told me one of the moderators but that didn't do anything so I'm going to wait until the next update comes out I don't know why they're saying that this isn't in beta but it seems like it's still in beta because it's also on the website of Netgear
Message 88 of 169
Raf1212
Apprentice

@Retired_Member they made the official (bete) only so that consumers do not write that the beta has been going on for two years, now the official (beta) will be another two years ha ha who still believes them, because I do not, cheats in white gloves, ipv6 does not work, still disconnecting, and many other bugs, I read on the current netdum forum and R2 with new software also has problems that are in xr500, so the fun continues

Message 89 of 169
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you letting the XR router detect DNS from you ISP or are you inputting a custom DNS for the XR router to use? 

Make sure you do a IPCONFIG /dnsflush on any Windows PCs that see this issue. Reboot devices. 

This is something I'm not seeing with my XR online. I let the XR autodetect DNS from my ISP. 

@wolf3591 wrote:

I think the above advice helped but then a new problem popped up.  I was using my laptop and I couldn't get any websites to load and windows network diagnostics said that the DNS server could not be reached.   A reboot of the router cleared that up.  Is this a router issue?  If so what can I do about it?

Message 90 of 169
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@wolf3591 Did it just occur on that device or others as well? If it happens again make a new topic and we can explore potential reasons it might occur
Message 91 of 169
wolf3591
Guide

Yes I am just using the default DNS configuration on the router.  I will see if it happens again.

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Are you letting the XR router detect DNS from you ISP or are you inputting a custom DNS for the XR router to use? 

Make sure you do a IPCONFIG /dnsflush on any Windows PCs that see this issue. Reboot devices. 

This is something I'm not seeing with my XR online. I let the XR autodetect DNS from my ISP. 

@wolf3591 wrote:

Message 92 of 169
wolf3591
Guide

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
@wolf3591Did it just occur on that device or others as well? If it happens again make a new topic and we can explore potential reasons it might occur

I did not experience any problems with other devices.  I will see if it happens again.

Message 93 of 169
lenbo7777
Tutor

Greetings,

I have a XR500 with EX7700 working as a wired Access Point.  I've upgraded to v2.3.2.130.  I'm experiencing three recurring problems:

1. Each time the router is rebooted, I confront the IP address conflict \ reset process.  I've experienced this for a while - since an automatic update to .120.  Since I'd like to avoid rebuilding my configuration, I've attempted to use backup .CFGs, but I've ended up using the hard reset button multiple times - with .120 and .130.  This process seems to start at the 'TO AVOID CONFLICT WITH YOUR ISP YOUR ROUTER'S IP ADDRESS HAS BEEN CHANGED...'.  I can't figure out what the underlying conflict is since I have no other device - other than the EX7700 that's configured as an AP - and since my ISP only provides an ONT and static IP address.
  2. As of the .130 upgrade, the Network Monitor R-APPs display no data.  No matter what I try - reboot, reset, etc. - no network information is displayed.  I've used all types of browsers and removed cache.
  3. Just this week, the router would not accept any new connections, and both CPUs were peaking.  The only remedy was to reboot - and see item 1 above - reset and rebuild the configuration.

Because of these problems - which originally started as a result of an automatic firmware update to .120 - I'm hesitant to continue upgrading until I can be reasonably assured that these issues have been addressed.  That said, does anyone have a recommendation for the last stable firmware release that I can use to extricate myself from this process?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Message 94 of 169
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@lenbo7777 Setup the router how you like and then reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes and then access. It acts as a hard save and should prevent the conflict/reset process - I imagine you're unplugging the router to reboot which is probably what is causing it. The other issues could be due to improper reboot as well so see if they're still happening after that.
Message 95 of 169
lenbo7777
Tutor

I've done all of the following - unlpug, reset using the button as well as the interface.  Nothing results in anything other than a reset.  Yesterday's scenario was the result of a reboot using the http GUI.  I'm hesitant to performing another restart without reverting to a prior- and stable - firmware release.

The network monitor feature is what I rely on, and without that working, the interface is worthless for me.

Message 96 of 169
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's quite possible the firmware is corrupt, reinstall the firmware using the TFTP option - this bypasses the boot process and any issues there (which is likely where the problem is as it persists through reboots and resets). Once done, wait 2 minutes then perform a factory reset, wait 2 minutes then access, go through the wizard, set everything up how you like, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes and everything should be working then.

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP?artic...

Make sure you follow the guide right at the bottom first to enable TFTP on Windows.
Message 97 of 169
lenbo7777
Tutor

After all the time I have in rebuilding my environment each time I restart - either through an upgrade or a problem - I'm very hesitant to go through this.  But let me ask - seeing that I've had problems since I was upgraded to .120 - is it feasible that two firmware images are corrupt?

If you're telling me that it's possible, I'll give it a try.  But before I do, can anyone recommend a stable firmware downgrade version?

Message 98 of 169
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It is unlikely but not impossible. Based on what you have said, I believe the procedure above is the best chance to resolve the issues you're having. You don't have to upgrade to the latest, you could upgrade to another and then disable automatic upgrades but I would still suggest you upgrade it in the manner above.
Message 99 of 169
lenbo7777
Tutor

I was able to update firmware using TFTP - at least I think I did.  After each attempt, "connect request failed" was the result of the TFTP command.  

Regardless, the R-apps are working, so I decided to reboot.  Although I didn't receive an IP address conflict, it did start the reset process.  I'm doomed to a forced reset process after every restart.  Hopefully this will be addressed in a forthcoming firmware update. 

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Message 100 of 169
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7