× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NewFirmware V 2.3.2.114 Dumaos 3.0 203

crmontoy1
Apprentice

NewFirmware V 2.3.2.114 Dumaos 3.0 203

I wanna start this topic today i need suggestion.... every case is different and Unique, but i need to know why PINGHEAT MAP about FiFa21 Server just show Florida servers!!! And when i start to play Ultimate Team i see in the map that im connected supposedly in a dedicated server close to me but I feel that im connected in a florida server?? Cause the delay is horrible!! For example i play 10 matches and 2 or 3 the connection is smooth and 8 or 7 matches with delay.... i dont know how to explain the experience but i know when the game is pretty smooth just the pro players know that feeling

I have 480MB DWN - 23 MB UP

Speedtest connection 13MS

Sliders:
80 Dwn
60 UP
Auto-enable

Benchmark results
A+
A+
A+

Ping Assist 0
Non Auto ping Host
Non Fast Search

I live in Upstate NY

Im open to suggestions

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We'll need to update Ping Heatmap so I'll get the team on that but flush the Ping Heatmap cloud just incase. Can you provide a screenshot of your Geo-Filter page please showing what you see when you're in a game? When you're connected close by, what ping do you see on the Geo-Filter?
Message 2 of 17
crmontoy1
Apprentice

1-pic show all the servers

2- ping heatmap

3- in game

for example that server in game was nice though the ping was swinging but the was smooth server

all serversall serversping heatmapping heatmapin game server

Message 3 of 17
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

You'll need to have filtering mode enabled in order for Geo-filter to have control over what server you connect to.

I'll also speak with the team and see if we can update the Ping Heatmap!

Message 4 of 17
crmontoy1
Apprentice

@Liam but i think that isn’t necessary cause never connect me in a server outside the range!! Im connected always in the same servers location but the id server change every match ——-i do the monitoring all the time
Message 5 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We'll sort that, adjust the Geo-Filter to capture those other servers if you want to connect to one further away.
Message 6 of 17
Pixolator
Guide

I also shared my issue a couple of weeks back when I search for Cold War servers in Heat Map it shows one on the server in Kansas city but when I track the IP number of the server down I found out that it's actually located in Seattle, WA which is pretty much next to me , so I guess it's not only Cold War but other games seems to be affected too, thanks to the team looking into this issue.

Message 7 of 17
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

That sounds like a case of the server being mislocated! We are currently working on ways in which we can improve how accurately servers are located on Geo-filter, in the mean time I would suggest manually allowing this server or setting your ping assist value to accomodate this server.

Message 8 of 17
Guitarslynger79
Apprentice

Any suggestions on how to get the 2ghz to not be at a crawl? Certain devices in the house only have the capability to see the 2ghz band. And also, I have an Xbox one that's hardwired, and has some lag spikes going on. It's the only device that's wired, and seems to have the most difficulty in that department. The wife plays DayZ and has a horrible time on the wired connection. Thanks in advance
Message 9 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What settings are you using for QoS? Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel for 2.4GHz and change to that.
Message 10 of 17
Guitarslynger79
Apprentice

Had the congestion control set at 70/70 while trying both the Duma classified games active, and isolating just the console to see if that had any effect. Ended up disabling the qos for the moment to see if that does anything. Also turned off the 20/40mhz setting as well just to see what that would do. Just trying different combinations to see what happens. Speed is 1200/100, so the qos to handle speed might not be warranted to a point, as I may never hit critical mass in that area.
Message 11 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

2.4GHz you definitely wouldn't hit close to those speeds - what speed does it start at and then degrade to?
Message 12 of 17
Guitarslynger79
Apprentice

Oy my Roku's and kindle fire's are what's accessing that band, but I'm lucky to be getting maybe 25 down. It's not very much. That's why I thought to disable the 20/40 mhz coexistence, since that generally cuts the speed in half.
Message 13 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are there any wireless devices in close proximity (~3 feet) of the router? Could be wireless headphones etc. If so move those away. How did you disable QoS? Definitely use a WiFi analyzer, if you're in an area with a lot of WiFi networks they can interfere heavily with the signal.
Message 14 of 17
Guitarslynger79
Apprentice

Running the analyzer is usually the 1st thing I look at. Right now, my network is the only thing on the channel. And no, nothing is within 3 feet at the moment. As far as disabling the qos, I just did it right from the OS.
Message 15 of 17
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

OK great, to be sure, make sure it's disabled by clicking the three-line menu in Congestion Control and click 'Disable QoS'.

What version are you currently on? .114? If so, the beta version or the pre-beta version?

Message 16 of 17
Guitarslynger79
Apprentice

Right now I'm running the. 114 beta. Just trying different combinations trying to see if anything straightens it out. Disabling the 20/40 coexistence option helped out somewhat. I never have that enabled, so I'm not sure why I thought it was a good idea, since it realistically halves the speed of the 2.4 band. We'll see how she goes.
Message 17 of 17
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7