× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk XR500 stopped working. Flashing White light on Power light

ruleofKon
Tutor

Nighthawk XR500 stopped working. Flashing White light on Power light

Last night the WiFi stopped working and about an hour later the internet stopped working. All the lights on the router was still on but no internet. I tried factory reset and power reset but nothing worked. After the initial factory reset all the router does is blinking white light for the power and nothing else. Talked to support and he had me try a bunch of reset techniques to no avail. The modem(also net gear) works just fine. I can hardwire directly from the modem and my internet is good. I need the router for WiFi etc.

Is my router bricked? Is this salvageable? I’ve only had it for about two years.
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Upgrade the firmware using any version, preferably one of the latest using the TFTP method, this bypasses the boot process and any issues there. Once it is complete ~3-5 minutes after hold the reset button for 30 seconds, release, wait 2 minutes then try and access.
https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP?artic...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Upgrade the firmware using any version, preferably one of the latest using the TFTP method, this bypasses the boot process and any issues there. Once it is complete ~3-5 minutes after hold the reset button for 30 seconds, release, wait 2 minutes then try and access.
https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP?artic...
Message 2 of 3
ruleofKon
Tutor

This worked great! Thank you so much for the help.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7