× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No Issues

Eddogg01
Tutor

No Issues

I figured I'd post an update now that I've been using the Duma OS 3.0 Beta since the first day it was available for download. I updated the firmware with no issues. Tweaked some of my settings with no issues either. Connection is solid and my gaming has no lag with better pings than I was getting before. 

My Rig:

Gaming Router: XR500

CPU - Intel i7-10700K
MOBO - ASUS Prime Z490-A
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
Memory - Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16
Storage:
* M.2 NVME 500GB Bootable Storage
* Samsung 9700 EVO 1TB SSD Drive
* Sandisk 2TB SSD Drive
* Western Digital 5TB HDD
CPU Cooling - Corsair Hydro Series H100i RGB PLATINUM SE Liquid CPU Cooler
Case - Corsair Crystal Series 680X RGB ATX High Airflow Tempered Glass Smart Case
Fans - 6 Corsair LL120 RGB, 120mm RGB LED Fans
PSU - Corsair RMx White Series™ RM750x 750 Watt 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular PSU

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the version of Beta FW you are actually using? 

@Eddogg01 wrote:

I figured I'd post an update now that I've been using the Duma OS 3.0 Beta since the first day it was available for download. I updated the firmware with no issues. Tweaked some of my settings with no issues either. Connection is solid and my gaming has no lag with better pings than I was getting before. 

Message 2 of 8
Eddogg01
Tutor

Here is the beta version I am using: XR500 V2.3.2.104-DumaOS3.0-Beta

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

And did you apply the FW and continue to use the router or did you factory reset the router and setup from scratch? 

@Eddogg01 wrote:

Here is the beta version I am using: XR500 V2.3.2.104-DumaOS3.0-Beta

Message 4 of 8
Eddogg01
Tutor

I did not do a factory reset prior to doing the Firmware Update. Once the update was completed it worked right away and I ran some benchmarks. Then restarted  my PC to make sure everything kept working fine after the restart. Tried a few games and everything has worked good since.

Message 5 of 8
elCuculuz
Apprentice

same with me , using the latest beta without no issues or errors , upgraded the FW and once it was done everything worked as intended I did no do a factory reset it .

Message 6 of 8
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

Can I get this firmware update to try it out?

Message 7 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We're not giving out any beta updates at the moment while we fix the latest issues. Once we have one that is more stable than the last we'll provide that to test.
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7