× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No access to the Apple Store or Netflix from Ipad

Philippe2021
Guide

No access to the Apple Store or Netflix from Ipad

Using the Wifi of my XR500 configured in Wifi AP and connected to the box by an ethernet cable, and with the Wifi of the box turned off, I am unable to use the Apple Store or Netflix from my Ipad. Everything works fine by using the wifi of my box. What is going on ? The firmware is 114. And it's the same thing with the firmware 120.

Message 1 of 5
Philippe2021
Guide

I can add that the Wifi does work very well for other softwares like the webmail using safari or some electronic newspapers. I have also access from my Ipad to the interface of the xr500 and to the interface of the box...

Message 2 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Just to clarify, the XR500 is in AP mode when this doesn't work? If so then the software isn't active at all and is not blocking any of the traffic - your ISP box is giving IP addresses to the devices connected to the XR in that scenario so I couldn't see why that would be happening
Message 3 of 5
Philippe2021
Guide

Hi,

I give more information (yes the XR500 was in AP mode):

1. Applestore and Netflix were unreachable from the Ipad
  2. The Google store was unreachable from my android cell phone
  3. The wifi was working for other apps for the ipad and the cell phone

I have had also for a while the following message from my Ipad:

Certificat

www.routerlogin.net

Délivré par www.routerlogin.net

Non fiable

which is translated in English I believe by untrusted certificat. And I had this issue with some servers, and only with my Ipad.

I had also messages on my ipad like (I tried to attach an image)

The identity of google.com cannot be verified

I did not have this problem with the wifi of my box. I solved the problem by resetting the router, which I admit is not very clever, but I did not see what else to do. Right now, everything is back to normal.

Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Well done for getting it sorted, hopefully it was just a one off!
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7