× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No ping heatmap oo Store

Retired_Member
Not applicable

No ping heatmap oo Store

I am not seeing any ping heat map or store. I think i need to update but how do i do this. I cant seem to download the new firmware.

Message 1 of 20

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: No ping heatmap oo Store

You would click allow on the ping panel - I don't want you to do that but it looks like you may have, do you have anything listed in the allow and deny panel?

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 20

All Replies
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Could you let us know what router you're using? We can then provide a link to the latest firmware.

Message 2 of 20
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I am using the xr500 nighthawk. What are the steps once you send the firmware?
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You will need to update to the 3.0 beta which you can find here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/New-Firmware-v2-3-2-120-XR500/td-p/... download the .img file, access the router interface, go to Settings > Administration > Firmware Update, upload the file and update.
Message 4 of 20
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thank you. I was able to update the firmware. I currently live in NY and i am trying to use the geo filter in california but it does not seem to be working as the latency is around 30. Please assist.

Message 5 of 20
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Message 6 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Did you enable the Geo-Filter while you were already on the game? If so you need to do this before you launch the game, wait 2 minutes for that previous connection to be severed then launch the game and search
Message 7 of 20
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Sounds good, will try now. Does auto ping assist or strict mode need to be enabled?

Message 8 of 20
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I tried that and my ping was still 30. 

Message 9 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Auto Ping doesn't matter, Ping Assist should be 0 if you're trying to force servers, strict mode should be enabled. Did you add that server to your allow list?
Message 10 of 20
Retired_Member
Not applicable

How do i do that?

Message 11 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You would click allow on the ping panel - I don't want you to do that but it looks like you may have, do you have anything listed in the allow and deny panel?
Message 12 of 20
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I had two servers denied but i just canceled it so there is nothing there now

Message 13 of 20
Retired_Member
Not applicable

But it is still not working. I am receiving 15-30 ping which should not be possible if I am attempting to connect to California.

Message 14 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Can you provide another screenshot of what you see when you're in the game playing please?
Message 15 of 20
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Message 16 of 20
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

I can see you've got two devices added to Geo-filter there, presumably you're not searching for a game on both so could you please disable the one you're not using and search again? 

Message 17 of 20
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I removed one of them. i was able to get in a California lobby as the ping was around 70-80 but when my friends join me, I am unable to find a match with them. Please assist.

Message 18 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You're restricting the game quite heavily so to then add needing 2 free spots at least in a game in only that area it will take you a long time to get games so you may need to expand the area if you want games faster
Message 19 of 20
spdsk8race
Apprentice

Are you playing on a console or computer?

On the photo the devices show up as desktop but they're in console mode.

If you're playing on Xbox, have your friend joins you in a private party chat and watch the geo filter map, when he talks it should show up on your map, once it does click it and set it to allow. Your friend will then be able to join you and it may resolve the search issue
Message 20 of 20
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7