× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ping Heatmap Failed for COD: Warzone and Modern Warfare

xAce
Aspirant

Ping Heatmap Failed for COD: Warzone and Modern Warfare

I could not find find the Nighthawk Pro Gaming AX5400 (XR1000) under the Model List.

I purchased the router yesterday but everytime I try the Ping Heatmap for Warzone or Modern Warfare it says failed. I tried restarting the router and resycing the cloud. I've googled the problem, found others have mentioned this problem and tried their solutions but nothing seems to help. Is this a known issue?

Firmware Version 1.0.0.58_1.0.44
DumaOS Version 3.0.216

Message 1 of 8
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for posting, we're well aware of this problem. Activision appear to be updating their server information almost daily at the moment, this means we then need to make an update everyday to keep up with it. It's probably just due to the fact we're getting close to Vanguard so they're doing lots of maintenance. We'll push another update today and continue to look into a more permanent solution to the problem.

Message 2 of 8
xAce
Aspirant

Thanks for letting me know.

I assume the Geofiltering still works even though I can't search on the Ping Heatmap?

Message 3 of 8
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Exactly right, Geo-filter should still work fine.

We're aware of the problem and are looking into a more permanent solution, as activision seem to keep updating their server information literally everyday.

Message 4 of 8
DredPirate13
Apprentice

For those who are reading this and still looking for answers, the heatmap works perfectly but if a game shows up blank, just give it 1-2 days and check back. They will go silent whenever Activision is messing with their servers or if they are having server issues but the saved IP addresses will still work until it comes back updated. 

Message 5 of 8
xAce
Aspirant

It hasn't worked since I purchased the router, so let's not comment nonsense.

It doesn't stop working for a few days and then start again, Warzone hasn't worked for over a month. Cold War works most of the time.

Message 6 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Resync the cloud, it's been working for the last few days
Message 7 of 8
xAce
Aspirant

It does work right now.

But my previous comment still stands, it hasn't worked for a month. Hopefully it continues to work as people purchase the router for these advertised features.

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7