× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Please suggest me if following features supported in DumaOS 3.0 XR1000 Router

goodone91
Follower

Please suggest me if following features supported in DumaOS 3.0 XR1000 Router

I am looking for a router which can help me with below features. Right now I am using R7000 with custom firmware FreshTomato. Moved from horrible Dlink dir 882 interface with so low feature. But it seems netgear r7000 also unstable with vpn split tunneling and takes a long time to initialize after reboot. I recently found out about DumaOS, not sure if it will support my R7000 as a custom firmware but I am ready to buy the XR1000 version only if it can support bottom features. I could not find more detail about VPN or could see its page configuration. So whoever owns one, please suggest.

• Allows you to add multiple VPN Client config with support of open vpn client protocol.
  • Allows you to split connect with high stability and quick configurations, without losing host connection.
  • Allows you to kill internet access automatically for specific tunnel access if vpn is not connected before.
  • Router firmware always up to date and highly stable.
  • Can run NAS drive with high speed read write for both Portable USB drive or pen drive. As most of competitor router support low 10MB to 25MB. When drive read write is 100MB. I need it maximize.
  • Have FTP support, easiy to install web server script to launch websites and mysql php. Something like Tomato Firmware.
  • Can monitor all IP access LOGs visiting website addresses on LAN to Network.
  • Support Bandwidth limiter, Restrict Access Schedule Based on Mac, something like Tomato Firmware.
  • High security firewall preventing any hacks or attackers to sniff traffic.
  • Good for gaming and streaming.

I have asked about this already on netduma forum, but they are saying XR1000 do not have openVPN split tunneling feature and ip traffic logs web url monitoring. https://forum.netduma.com/topic/36462-not-sure-of-dumaos-is-perfect-for-my-needs-please-suggest/?tab... But, I also asked in contact form previously which I got response today, that latest DumaOS contain hybrid vpn where I can use it for configuring one single file and also can use NAS system using netgear readynas option. 

Thanks for your interest in DumaOS!

Using Hybrid VPN, you can use Open VPN config files to configure your VPN on the R2, however you cannot configure multiple VPNs at once. You can also configure Hybrid VPN to disconnect if the VPN connection is not active.

We do our best to provide consistent and stable firmware for all platforms, but the R2 typically receives the most consistent updates. That being said, based on your requirements for NAS support and FTP, you may be best off looking at the Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming range, every router in this line-up uses DumaOS!

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Liam.

So my final question all I want to know is do netgear pro gaming router xr1000 with latest dumaos have support of openvpn with policy based split tunneling with ip/domain/hardware and multi vpn config option? something like freshtomat? And can it monitor web traffic url where user getting access and restrictions?

If it don't then I may have to get a asus gaming router with merlin OS as they seems have policy-based vpn routing with ip. But I really hopped something better from netgear and dumaos as they seems trying to build something quality with apps but not enough linux package features.

Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: Please suggest me if following features supported in DumaOS 3.0 XR1000 Router

I can see that this topic has been responded to over on the Netduma forum so let's keep the discussion over there! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7