× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ROUTER XR1000 NOT CAN UPGRADE FIRMWARE

Andreszzzzz
Follower

ROUTER XR1000 NOT CAN UPGRADE FIRMWARE

Today 04/23/2021 I was playing using the router, suddenly the feature for which it was purchased stopped working, the Geo filter and the ping headtmap to improve latency in games stopped working.

Minutes later I could not access those tools in the tabs, I contacted NETGEAR technical support, explained the case and they gave me a solution which I cannot apply because the system is blocked from updating the firmware to the router.

So I can't have the functions I bought the router for. NETGEAR technical support recommended that I change the product since it is not normal that the firmware cannot be updated.
The firmware version is: XR1000 1.0.0.52_1.0.38 by default.

Problems:

1.- Geo Filter and Heatmap ping stop working, the message when trying to go to the tabs is: "This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute."
2.- Reinstalling current or past versions of the firmware is impossible, the system is blocked for that function, when I try the router simply reboots it does not load anything
3.- The icon to update the firmware is blocked (I know that it is the icon for the firmware because I was looking for a solution)
4.- A strange sound like electricity is heard in the router from day one of installation, is it a factory problem?
5.- Change of blocked region

Is there a button combination or a button that unlocks the firmware update?

Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: ROUTER XR1000 NOT CAN UPGRADE FIRMWARE

You're on the latest version currently so there is no need to update. What file were you using exactly to try and update? You update from Settings > Administration > Firmware Update, not using that icon currently.

That sound could be due to the adapter/where it is connected, I'd recommend you try to connect it to another outlet if possible. You cannot change the Wireless region, it's set to the region you purchased it within - if you changed WiFi settings that were not allowed in your region then this can get you in legal trouble, this is why it's locked.
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7