× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RX 500 - destiny 2 problem with geo filter

KTTFR
Initiate

RX 500 - destiny 2 problem with geo filter

Hello everyone, I have the update 2.3.2.120, from today keeping the filter mode on I find people anyway, it seems that they bypass the geofilter block because I see the yellow triangles on the map of the duma os anyway. Anyone have the same problem? I have an RX500 and I play on xbox. Thanks

Message 1 of 143
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

They have changed their matchmaking system, you will not be able to filter players anymore but should be able to force the closest servers instead, this will still give you an advantage and is how most games work with the Geo-Filter.
Message 2 of 143
KTTFR
Initiate

how can I force servers?

Message 3 of 143
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Just the same as you normally would with players, set a radius to cover the area closest to you 1000km distance roughly and search for a game
Message 4 of 143
Andeeuk
Initiate

Hi guys, just checking i got this correct. Has bungie changed the way matchmaking works so we cannot restrict everyone except 1 other host ? We used to be able to guarantee a connection against ONLY 1 other host on another xbox in the same household . Now it matches with everyone . Is it the end or is there a similar work around ? Thanks
Message 5 of 143
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes they've switched to a server based system rather than player hosts by the looks of it. We'll take a look but it's probably the way it will work from now on.
Message 6 of 143
Andeeuk
Initiate

Thanks for the reply ! That was my gut feeling to be honest. Well, no more getting good gear for my clan ! Lol. I'd be interested if there is another way of guaranteed match up with a particular group . Vpn ?
Message 7 of 143
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I doubt a VPN will work, as all you'd be doing there is changing your IP and if it is going off servers that wouldn't matter. We'll see what is happening and let people know.
Message 8 of 143
Rsmith2001
Aspirant

Im able to get one of my Xboxs to filter everything out but for some reason I can’t manage to get my second to filter everything else out! Static ips all done and everything like how it should be and still only allows one consol to be allowed...
Message 9 of 143
MasterBlaster2k
Initiate

What settings are you using to get the one xbox to still filter out?  I have seen people are still able to do lobbies as of 12:01 AM EST.  Obviously they are not spilling the beans.  😞

Message 10 of 143
Dunaz
Guide

Su playstation nessun problema con geofilter, mentre su xbox serie x sembra non funzionare, non puoi neanche cambiare regione l'unica cosa che funziona e anti buffering, se almeno si riuscisse a poter cambiare server sarebbe già una buona notizia
Message 11 of 143
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Credo che ora stiano implementando queste modifiche anche su console, quindi probabilmente avrai la stessa situazione in cui puoi filtrare solo per server invece che per giocatori specifici.

--

I believe they are now rolling out these changes to consoles as well so you will likely have the same situation where you can only filter by server instead of the specific players.

@Dunaz Quali sono le tue attuali impostazioni di filtro geografico? Ti consigliamo di impostare il raggio a circa 1000 km e assicurarti che sia posizionato nel punto in cui ti trovi geograficamente.

Message 12 of 143
Dunaz
Guide

Su Xbox non filtra neanche i server,mentre su PlayStation funziona come prima, mi spiego se azzero il campo di ricerca il match parte lo stesso invece non dovrebbe farlo
Message 13 of 143
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Daremo un'occhiata a questo e, se necessario, invieremo un aggiornamento cloud
Message 14 of 143
Dunaz
Guide

Buon giorno avete novità riguardo il geofilter su Destiny?
Message 15 of 143
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Non ancora sfortunatamente, non ho un ETA su quando avremo una soluzione per questo.

Message 16 of 143
benur01
Guide

Hello,has anyone find a solution with this geofilter problem?
Have try many change many test but nothing yet...
Message 17 of 143
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Destiny changed their matchmaking systems, we're doing what we can to allow people to filter servers but it's unlikely you can go in solo/match against friends.
Message 18 of 143
benur01
Guide

Thank s for your answer,do you think an update from you coming soon?
If yes,when ?
Message 19 of 143
Fran254553
Initiate

Hola abria alguna otra manera de poder hacer algo? Para lograr emparejamientos?
Message 20 of 143
Dunaz
Guide

Grazie per il vostro lavoro ragazzi, attendo con a zia il giorno in cui si potrà filtrare il server
Message 21 of 143
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Sfortunatamente non abbiamo un ETA su un aggiornamento, ma ora stiamo dando la priorità a questa correzione, quindi speriamo di essere in grado di rilasciare presto qualcosa!

Message 22 of 143
Dunaz
Guide

Buona sera, ci sono progressi per il geofilter?,grazie
Message 23 of 143
benur01
Guide

Can you speak english please?
Hard to understand english,more and more for italian!!
Thank s dude
Message 24 of 143
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Stiamo facendo buoni progressi ma non abbiamo un ETA su quando potremmo rilasciare l'aggiornamento. Quando lo faremo, verrà automaticamente inviato al tuo router, quindi non dovrai fare nulla.

--

We are making good progress but don't have an ETA as to when we might release the update. When we do, it will be pushed automatically to your router so you won't need to do anything.

Message 25 of 143
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7