× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RX 500 - destiny 2 problem with geo filter

benur01
Guide

I have white-list my friends long time ago,but it doesn t work ,i can geo filter alone but i can t join friend and vice versa
Anyone has no problem to geo filter and play with friends here?
Thank s
Message 51 of 143
Stami
Tutor

si anche io ho lo stesso problema , ma penso sia colpa del gioco e dei server dedicati. 

Message 52 of 143
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@benur01 if you did it a long time ago then their IP addresses have likely changed so you will need to double check and add them again
Message 53 of 143
benur01
Guide

I have delete them,and i just re-add them in my white-list,the problem is the same i can t join them
I precise i have the same setting than before the last destiny maj ...
Message 54 of 143
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@benur01 does anything else appear blocked on the map when you add them to your party?
Message 55 of 143
benur01
Guide

Yes ,a lot of other connections around the world are blocked ,every connection how are not located in my geo localisation
Message 56 of 143
RichardSanchez
Aspirant

Have anyone been able to successfully setup a lobby since the update to the geofilter? I’m on Xbox and I can’t seem to find my friends ip when I’m sitting in a lobby with them. The User icon is layered above the server icon.
Message 57 of 143
RichardSanchez
Aspirant

When I’m solo I can load into my personal instance of a lobby after turning the filter on. If I have someone join me I can’t. They either need me to disable the filter to join or if they join me as soon as I restart my game we match make to a public lobby.
Message 58 of 143
benur01
Guide

Richard sanchez i have the same problem/issue like you unfortunatly...

Maybe the last beta version for xr 500 can solve anything?
Message 59 of 143
RichardSanchez
Aspirant

Hopefully, I’m on Firmware version XR500 V2.3.2.66.
Message 60 of 143
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@benur01 I mean just when you're on the game in the lobby where nothing should appear on the map and you then invite them do they appear?
@RichardSanchez if you zoom in as much as you can are you able to click their icon to allow them?
Message 61 of 143
RichardSanchez
Aspirant

I’m not able to zoom in enough to separate them. I’ve tried in multiple browsers as well.
Message 62 of 143
benur01
Guide

I can t answer now because i m alone but i try tomorrow..when you say i m on the game in in a lobby you mean in orbit alone?in spectator mode or filter mode?
In filter mode i can t invite them.
If i want to invite them or white list them i have to switch in spectator mode....
Message 63 of 143
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@RichardSanchez before you launch the game, add them to a private/party chat, then add them, then that's done and you can boot up the game and invite them and they will already be allowed.
@benur01 yes in orbit, you can do it in Filtering Mode, they will of course be blocked so you would have to be quick to catch the icon on the map, otherwise doing so in Spectating Mode is fine
Message 64 of 143
benur01
Guide

That s done i re-add them in white list,but it change nothing ,i can t invite or join them when i m in filtering mode...
Message 65 of 143
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@benur01 have a look at the map zoomed, something must appear blocked when you invite them?
Message 66 of 143
Dunaz
Guide

Try to broaden the search field, and then if it makes you join, you narrow it down
Message 67 of 143
Dunaz
Guide

Rif.: RX 500 - destiny 2 problem with geo filter

I noticed that sometimes by switching to spectator mode the geofilter remains active for some time, I wanted to report that after selecting a server it often happens that the geofilter seems to be bypassed, you should try to make the geofilter work only on the selected server I know it's difficult but we rely on to you, thanks for the great progress
Message 68 of 143
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Dunaz I don't quite follow what happens, can you clarify please?
Message 69 of 143
benur01
Guide

Dunaz:
"Try to broaden the search field, and then if it makes you join, you narrow it down"
It didn t work....when you make a change on geofilter,like switch spectator to filter mode,or if you change the search field from big to small,the geofilter didn t work
So you can only use the géolocalisation alone.....
Message 70 of 143
Dunaz
Guide

Sometimes the geofilter remains active even if I turn it off,,,,,,,, when I use geofilter on a server once the first game is started the game seems like it doesn't filter properly,,,,,, if you could get the game to respect the selected radius it would always be great
Message 71 of 143
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you've blocked connections on launching the game it will think you can't connect to those servers anymore so you'd need to restart it, not something we can really prevent
Message 72 of 143
benur01
Guide

have a look at the map zoomed, something must appear blocked when you invite them?

Yes everything outside my radius appear blocked,except my friend white list,but they can t join me
Message 73 of 143
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you're just in orbit there shouldn't be anything on the map really, when are you trying to invite them? - They may not appear in the location you expect
Message 74 of 143
benur01
Guide

When i invite them,i m in orbit yes...
Should have i to invite them in another destination?
Message 75 of 143
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7