Re: Slow Interface

Mi6300m
Aspirant

Slow Interface

Originally sent this to @Netduma-Fraser , but figured i'd go the official route. I'm curious, are there any plans to prioritize the interface speed? It's becoming more and more unusable these days and I'm sorry i can't keep factory resetting this thing every other week.

It's slow, it's dropping wifi connection randomly on devices like my Google Nest Hub, or Eufy vac, sometimes my Note 10+ will drop briefly. Never seems to happen on the Roku Devices...which is odd.

But I can barely get into the router to troubleshoot the issues because the interface is just mindboggling slow to do anything.

I'd really love to try another beta firmware to see if this fixes any of the issues i mentioned. I love this router but the DumaOS is just giving it a bad rep right now. But I want to help improve it somehow!

Message 1 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Which router and firmware are you using specifically?
What web browser/device are you accessing the interface with?
Are you using HTTPS instead of HTTP?
Message 2 of 7
Mi6300m
Aspirant

Running XR1000 on the latest firmware V1.0.0.52_1.0.38, but also tried another firmware I was given before version 1.0.0.47_1.0.43. The .47 was a tiny bit faster but would constantly crash on Rapps like the Geofence, QOS, and it resulted in me having to factory reset a couple of weeks.

I'm running Chrome, and it ususally defaults to http when loading it. When I try https i get:
This site can’t be reached myip refused to connect.

I've tried this in firefox and it's the same issue. I was told once before back on the XR500 to disable caching using Google Chrome Dev tools. but that makes no different on my end. So I don't know what else to do it. 

Message 3 of 7
Mi6300m
Aspirant

Attached: Latest Logs since I last rebooted this thing, which was last night when the wifi crapped out again.

Message 4 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Understood thank you, it is something we're working on for this router and the next version should improve upon this. I don't have an eta at the moment but I don't think it will be too far away.
Message 5 of 7
Mi6300m
Aspirant

So I tried to do a little more troubleshooting and it seems if I use Chrome's site settings and enable Insecure content and disable images. It seems to work a little better. At best I wait 4 seconds for something to come up. 

Tested this both on Wireless and Wired connections. I'm beginning to wonder if it's the insecure content option mostly.

Message 6 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay that is interesting, thank you for that, I'll pass this on to the team!
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements