× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Smart QOS

Carnaged
Tutor

Smart QOS

Is smart QOS available in the beta? I have not downloaded it yet but that feature appeals to me as a Stadia user, it looks like a helpful feature?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you talking about a specific feature or Smart QoS that we've mentioned will be available in future? If that later then no, that will probably be DumaOS 3.1.
Message 2 of 12
Carnaged
Tutor

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Are you talking about a specific feature or Smart QoS that we've mentioned will be available in future? If that later then no, that will probably be DumaOS 3.1.

Where can you see what features are in now and what will come in the future?

I watched a Duma 3.0 video and it was shown in there, I was talking about Smart QOS yes, I will wait for 3.1 then thanks. 

Message 3 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Or do you mean the Auto Setup feature? In which case that isn't in the beta. Mostly everything is in it but Auto Setup, Adblock and the Rapp store. What comes in the future is mostly up to Netgear.
Message 4 of 12
Carnaged
Tutor

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Or do you mean the Auto Setup feature? In which case that isn't in the beta. Mostly everything is in it but Auto Setup, Adblock and the Rapp store. What comes in the future is mostly up to Netgear.

On the video I watched it was Smart QOS, where it looks at the traffic via packet inspection and then you can adjust sliders for Stadia Netflix gaming etc.

Message 5 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Was it this by any chance? (See pic) If not could you provide the video and I can give you a more accurate answer.

Message 6 of 12
Carnaged
Tutor

Here is the link to the video, Smart QOS section, starts talking about it 5 minutes in. 

https://www.kitguru.net/peripherals/routers/matthew-wilson/netduma-ceo-walks-us-through-the-latest-n...

Message 7 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thank you, okay yes that will be coming in 3.1 and don't have any timeline for that as it's currently in development and we're of course still working on 3.0.
Message 8 of 12
Carnaged
Tutor

Are there any feature in 3.0 that would be beneficial for Stadia?
Message 9 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As it is a bandwidth heavy device you can allocate enough bandwidth to it to ensure it always has what it needs and therefore keeps the quality consistent. You can also prioritize these ports 44700 - 44899 (TCP and UDP) which are required for stadia and will therefore give you the best connection.
Message 10 of 12
Carnaged
Tutor

Although it is a bandwidth heavy service, it must also be quite time sensitive for latency reasons, will it bottleneck the normal gaming traffic if I prioritise those ports due to the big amount of traffic stadia uses?

Can Stadia be categorised as other in the 3.0 application QOS or isn't that possible. I would ideally like the traffic to be gaming, stadia then media. 

Message 11 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Bandwidth Allocation just allocates bandwidth to devices and if they don't use all their allocation but another device needs more then it can grab it without consequences. As those ports are just for the gaming side, not the download/upload it should be fine to prioritize those ports - we've not had many people use Stadia so far so hard to say for certain. You can try it as uncategorised and it should work.
Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7