× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: #### - Traffic Prioritization not working for several games

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

#### - Traffic Prioritization not working for several games

@nWoMaverick 

"

I´ve Checked:

Division 2: Don´t work with "DumaOS Classified Games" Don´t Work with "Games Console" Don´t Work with "Division 2" Service

Overwatch: Is Working with "DumaOS Classified Games" DONT works with "Games Console" Is Working with "Overwatch" Service

CS:GO: Don´t work with "DumaOS Classified Games" Don´t Work with "Games Console" Don´t Work with "Source Engine Games" Service

Diablo3: Don´t work with "DumaOS Classified Games" Don´t Work with "Games Console"

Amazon Prime is Working with "Amazon Prime Video" Service

Netflix is Working with "Netflix" Service

So at the Moment the Only Game working is Overwatch. Netflix and Amazon i only test because i want to test."

Message 1 of 7
dmar613
Star

I had an issue which I resolved for one of my devices not prioritizing packets. Basically it started because I was testing/fixing ipv6 issues. I had removed my reserved ip devices from router. In turn, it caused conflicted lan ip's between my nest and xbox (both were pulling 10.0.0.2).

After fixing the ip conflicts, my xbox no longer was priortizing packets (all traffic was showing up as not priortized) even though the xbox had the same lan ip as prior to the issue. Had to put xbox offline, delete the device from device manager, delete the traffic prioritization hyperlane I had set, restart router, pull the ip I had for xbox prior to issue (by setting xbox to manual ip in the xbox settings), reserve that ip through router, rename device as xbox/save it in device manager, and add the hyperlane for my xbox for it to start prioritizing packets again. 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 2 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thank you for the additional information, that will be really helpful for the devs.
Message 3 of 7

@Netduma-Fraser 

2 Additional Games Checked.

Valorant: Don´t work with "DumaOS Classified Games" Don´t Work with "Games Console" Don´t Work with "Valorant" Service

Starcrraft 2: Don´t work with "DumaOS Classified Games" Don´t Work with "Games Console" Don´t Work with "Starcraft" Service

Very very strange that the only Game working is Overwatch .... and Netflix and Amazon Prime.

I Tried to deactivate the static IP addresses of my Gaming Rig and alle other Devices. But the result stays the same, only Overwatch working with High Priority Packets.

Message 4 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the extra information, our team are looking into it.
Message 5 of 7
Conanti
Guide

Sorry for taking so long to reply to this forum. I wanted to take the chance to properly test some games that I play and here are my results with auto (classified games) on:

1. World of Warcraft - Working

2. Guild Wars 2 - Launcher yes - Game not working

3. COD MW/ Warzone - Not working

4. Albion Online - Launcher Yes - Game not working

5. League of Legends - Yes!!! previously was not working and I pulled up some previous data of mine from about a month ago and it looks like im seeing about a 5ms improvement. Too many variables to say for sure if it's the result of network optimisation or changes on thier servers but it's working!

I don't have any other games to test at the moment but can install others if you would like me to test?

@Netduma-Fraser 

Message 6 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thank you! We do have a lot of games so I think this is enough for now to look at it and re-evaluate what it is supposed to prioritize. Thanks for your help!
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7