× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Traffic Prioritization not working for several games

Traffic Prioritization not working for several games

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/Traffic-Prioritization-not-working-...

Add new to insights to the Topic mentioned before.

with the newest Beta Version .120 i found out that:

in CS:GO with the standard rule "DumaOS Classified Games" the Router acknowledge CS Packets. BUT only the one from Valve Official Servers! 

This means only Packets from CS:GO internal Matchmaking will be recognised as High Priority Traffic.

When i play on Community based Server´s such as FACEIT or ESPORTAL or ESEA. The Router DID NOT recognise the Packets as High Priority. I looked for the Port anyways. Internal MatchMarking Port is mostly 27015. Community Server´s and Servers from Faceit on Port 27015 will not be detected as High Priority! Only Internal CS:GO Matchmaking is detected as High Priority.

Please Fix this. Most Players play on FACEIT and the Community Based Server´s because of 128 Tick Servers instead of 64 Tick.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Ah that's interesting. If you add the PC with the games console service or add ports manually does it work?
Message 2 of 4

Tested it, but very very weird.

Games Console Service didn´t do anything at all. Not at CS:GO Interal Matchmaking an not with Community Servers.

Testet with Advanced " UDP - Source Port (1:65535) - Destination Port (1:65535)" <--- UDP Only

This was very very weird. Didn´t work on Official Internal Valve CS:GO Matchmaking Servers.

then tested this Community Server : 51.210.62.155:27015 works fine on it. Tested other Servers with Port 27015 and other ports up to 27095  .... but nothing it didn´t work. Only on this Server mentioned before the Traffic Prioritization worked fine. 

Then Tested with Advanced " TCPUDP - Source Port (1:65535) - Destination Port (1:65535)"  <--- TCP+UDP

but same exact same results like with UDP Only! Only this Server = 51.210.62.155:27015 worked with Traffic Prio. Nothing Else.

Like i Said. Very very weird. Iam out of Ideas now.

BTW: My Internet  and XR500 settings = PPPOE and Vlan by tag group on vlan 7 and IPv6 = disabled

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay thanks for all the info, we'll take a look!
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7